Chapter 34: The Revelation

Be tormented by me babe
Wonder, wonder how I do
How's the weather, am I better?
Better now that there's no you?

Jade ran towards me with open arms, engulfing me in a bear hug.

"Kath!" she exclaimed, burying her face in my shoulder. "I missed you!"

"I missed you, too," I chuckled, hugging her back.

Zoe followed behind her, looking like she had a stormy cloud above her.

"Hello," she greeted gloomily once Jade let go of me.

"What's your deal?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. It was the first day back to school, she wasn't supposed to be this gloomy. Usually, she'd be ecstatic to hear all of the juicy gossip that happened over the holiday break.

"Nothing," she sighed, her blue eyes downcast. I looked at Jade, who simply shrugged.

"So, how is everyone?" I inquired, mentally noting down to talk to Zoe later.

Jade was interrupted by the loud footsteps behind us. We whirled around to look who was causing it, only to see Wyatt with a container filled with fries.

I glanced at Jade, who instantly grinned at the sight of the red head.

"Hi Kath, Zoe," he greeted, kind of breathless. He smiled softly once his eyes landed on Jade. "Good morning, Jade."

"What, I don't get a good morning?" I teased as Zoe let out yet another sigh.

"No, because you're not special," he joked, making me gasp in feign offense.

"Don't fight," Jade warned just as I was about to retort. "Wyatt, what are you doing here? Don't you have school?"

"What, I can't skip a few classes to see you?" he asked cheekily. "Besides, you slept so early last night that I wasn't able to call you."

"No, that's an offense," she replied sternly, crossing her arms. "You can miss a lot of valuable information by skipping class."

"Trust me, there's nothing valuable about the empirical values," he snorted. Jade continued to scorn him with her eyes, so he held up the fries with a sheepish smile. "And I got you fries, your favorite. You were craving, right?"

She eyed the fries for a second before grabbing it from him, softening.

"Thank you," she said, happily munching on her fries. "You still need to go back to school though, but I guess you can miss out on a few."

He fist-bumped the air in triumph, making her giggle.

They were too sweet and innocent for me that I had to walk away, or else I'd turn extra bitter today.

"So," I began, nudging Zoe, who followed me away from those two. "What's up with you? And don't give me that 'I'm fine' shit because I know you're not."

She let out a long sigh. "It's Nico."

My eyebrows shot up. I hadn't heard any issues from them since forever. "What happened?"

"Natalya happened," she grumbled under her breath.

I halted our trip to nowhere, stopping her as well with my hands on her shoulders. "Explain."

"We all know Natalya Gray is one fine ass bitch, but I thought Nico won't fall for her charms. I mean, she might be hot, but she's a raging bitch inside. I thought that he of all people would see past her exotic gray eyes and red lips, but no." Zoe huffed in disappointment, her face turning red with anger. "All guys are the same."