Chapter 29: The Bathroom

Call me beautiful, so original, telling me I'm not like other girls
I was in my zone before you came along, now I'm thinking maybe you should go

"Ow," Brett yelped, clutching his nose. "What the fuck, Kath?"

He began sprouting out curse words as blood oozed out his nose. Lucky, his little sister was long gone by now.

It was hard for me to stifle my laughter.

"I'd tell you I'm sorry, but I'd be lying," I said nonchalantly. "And I wouldn't want to be like you, would I?"

Before the brunette douchebag could answer, slow claps and whistles filled the area. In spite of the pain in my fist, my lips pulled up into a smirk when Brett turned around and saw Ryder and Zachary giving me an applause.

I bowed before shaking my hand to shake off the pain.

"Would you like apply some ice to heal that burn?" Ryder jerked in a mocking tone as the two of them stood by me.

"Or for your broken nose, for that matter," Zachary snorted.

"Rowland, Hunter," Brett acknowledged them with a smile in spite of his bleeding nose. "It's been a while."

Brett wasn't exactly the besties of the two biggest Playboys, but they were in the same group. How could they not be? They were teammates. Thinking about it now, it was a wonder why Ryder and Zachary—or even anyone else ever brought Brett up. It wasn't like we were dating in secret. No, everyone knew we were dating we were even nominees for homecoming king and queen.

Which, we didn't win by the way. Ryder and Natalya owned that crown, despite not being a couple.

"Westfall," the two of them said simultaneously in grave voices.

The amount of manly testosterone in this area made me roll my eyes.

Brett's smile wavered, but it was still there. "I'm happy to see all of you."

"Speak for yourself, I'm not," I scoffed.

"Yeah, I don't like seeing betrayers or abandoners," Ryder added, his words as sharp as a knife. I was surprised Brett didn't even flinch at it.

Suddenly, it made sense why they were so bitter at him. Brett had left the team right before the basketball finals, betraying them by accepting our rival's offer and joining them. Ryder and Zachary were good, but losing Brett at such a short notice took a toll on them. They lost playing against him and his new team, resulting to the feud they were having now.

"What are you even doing here?" Zachary asked harshly, spearing my ex with his electric blue eyes.

"Well, in case any of you forgot, Kath here was, in fact, my girlfriend," he explained nonchalantly, as if our relationship was nothing serious. I struggled to keep my cool as Ryder and Zachary moved closer to me. "I loved Grams very dearly, and she loved me too."

"Do not even call her that," I sneered, feeling heat creep up my body from rage. "You don't deserve to. And after what you did to me, she hated you. She said she wished I never met you."

I hate you, I wanted to scream at him, but my body wouldn't let me.

That seemed to make him flinch. The smile on his face was wiped off, leaving a gruesome frown. Seeing him like that made me smirk.