EIGHT| "You lost the ring?"

Ava

Okay, this is easy.

Breath in

Breath out

"Ava, please, you're acting like you're actually going to meet your boyfriend's dad," he states, as we both stand outside the big mansion door.

"Come on, I think we're late enough," Kai says, pulling me inside as he pushes the white doors open

You think!

Kai made us leave the house at exactly 7, the time we were supposed to be here by and it toke like half an hour due to all the traffic, obviously he didn't care since we had to make a bad impression anyways.

"You're late," A deep chilling voice stated as we entered the mansion, "you'd think since, this is our first meeting you'd want to set a good impression," he continued.

Kai was like a mirror reflection of his dad, just much younger and sexy.

"Sorry, we got stuck in traffic," I silently mutter, which only causes Kai to squeeze my hand lightly. He probably wanted me to be rude but I didn't wanna get kicked out just yet, maybe after dinner.

FREE FOOD!

I don't miss the way Kai's dad takes in my appearance, specifically my dressing. Well, this wasn't exactly something you'd wear to meet your future father in law for the first time. Black joggers and a white tee, I look as though I just got out of bed and decided to suddenly meet my future father in law for the first time.

I did pick simple jeans and top but Kai said, "Nah looks to presented, something messier."

Not complaining though since it was comfortable but embarrassing at the same time.

Kai's dad simply shakes his head and walks ahead, Kai following behind him.

"He hates it," Kai whispers, smiling as he leaned into my ear, just for me to hear. Psycho!

"Take a seat, don't want food to get cold again," his father ordered, sitting in the head seat while I and Kai sat together to his left.

We silently eat, the only sound heard was cutlery clashing against each other.

And I for one hated silence. Especially awkward silence

"What is this place? A haunted house," I silently muttered to myself obviously, the quietness of the room managed to make my words loud and clear.

I notice as Kai's hand moves up, to stop me but he catches himself as he places it back down realising this would help with 'mission: make him hate me'

I look up to see his fathers jaw clenched, pretending to not have heard me as he continues to carry on eating.

"Full name?" He asks, looking up from his plate.

What is this a job interview?

Well kinda...

"Ava Dawson," I reply, cutting my roast chicken.

I watch as Kai's father silently chants 'Dawson', trying to find a link when I cut him off, "you probably won't find my family history by chanting Dawson also, I'm from London so I doubt you know them."