Chapter XII

Places with alcohol are always a hoot, intoxicated people laughing and telling stories. Rowdy men jostle each other in the booths to get a rise out of each other. Young women are yelping in laughter, the sound almost painful with how obnoxious it is. Louis spots the man from earlier already at a table. Women and men alike are surrounding him, full attention as he speaks. He must be popular. Spotting Harry and Louis, Payne waves an arm, calling out the bartender as he does so.

"Another round for the crowd." The already lively mass claps in appreciation for the man. All Louis can think is that this Payne character is spending excessive amounts on alcohol for people he doesn't know. "Harry, you're finally here." His warm grin is different from Harry's vacant expression, a complete opposite actually. Generosity was not what he expected from this business and Payne seems to have much of it if he's going through with buying everyone a drink. Some of the people flanking the man disperse, allowing for Harry and Louis to squeeze in. Louis gets trapped between a ditzy blonde bird and Harry, who's hauling him closer into his side.

"You've been here long, Payno?" Harry asks, swirling the glass of beer the bartender previously left on the table. Payne shakes his head, tipping off his glass and beaming at the patrons.

"No, only been here for an hour. I have had a couple of pints though." He hiccups and Louis laughs at his childish behavior. This guy is a gangster he reminds himself. He seems much less threatening in this atmosphere than when they first met. Louis supposes the alcohol has some influence.

"Any sign of coppers? We are supposed to be on the lookout you know." Payne shakes his head again, his whole body following causing some of his drink to spill over.

"Tony said they came in earlier than expected. We're home free. " Which explains why he's canned. Harry knows Payne and he's always been the cautious one, never wanting to drink while on a stake out. So seeing this disoriented version of him, he should have suspected that the coast was clear. Better for him, he can actually enjoy his night. He turns to Louis.

Harry clicks his glass with Louis' full one on the table. "Live a little, take in the experience." He directs his attention straight at Louis, Louis going scarlet at the attention. "Take a sip, finest beer in town. I would know." Louis lifts the glass to his lips. One pint later, Louis is up for the party, giggling furiously at nothing in particular. His eyes are glazed over and his vision is hazy, all the people gathered around shadows in the light. Surprisingly, Harry is the only thing his mind can focus on, vision always finding its way back to the older man.

Due to his profession, Harry is not a newcomer to alcohol, so he's more sobered up than Louis is. Even though it was one drink, Louis seems to be ossified. He's clinging to Harry for support- head sunken into the space where Harry's shoulder meets his arm. Fits of laughter have been leaving his mouth all night, a sound Harry never wants to forget. The night seems to be going in his favor. Louis has been enjoying their time together and if all goes well, Louis will choose to stay. Harry's smile widens.

"Another round." He calls, the generosity an aftermath of his happy mood. The bartender hops behind the bar, passing out beer like lollipops. Men around him clap him on the back, thanking him for the gesture. Definitely going to be a night to remember.

Just as soon as the fun started, it comes to an end when a man runs in, yelling at the top of his lungs. "The coppers are coming! We gotta get rid of the booze if we don't want to get in a pinch!" Immediately, the bartender is picking up bottles and barrels and dumping them over the side. The liquid travels down the concaves of the floor until it disappears down the gutter. The crowd begins to throw their own drinks on the floor, scuttling about to make sure there is no evidence of there ever being liquor at the bar. Harry is on his feet, jerking Louis up with him. Louis is still slightly out of it because of the amount of hooch he's consumed. He tiredly swats at Harry to put him down because he was enjoying the fun.

"Can't do that, love, we have to beat it." He hoists Louis over his shoulder. No point in having him walk in the condition he's in. Payne is in a frenzy, struggling with the women who were hanging off of him. When he's finally out of their grasp he rushes over to Harry. "What happened to they already hit the place?"

"That's what they told me. We have to get out of here." Payne warns, the sounds of sirens wailing in the background. Harry nods, gently patting Louis behind to warn him he's going to run.

"Hold on tight." Sprinting out of the building, Liam and Harry fall into step until they spot their respective getaway cars. Harry drops Louis into a seat, not too preoccupied by whether or not he'll stay since it seems he fell asleep. Harry hops in after him, his men driving away as soon as the door is closed. They got as far as the front entrance of his house before Louis is waking up with a wail, upchucking on the floor of the car. Fortunately for Harry, he has dozens of other cars in lieu of the car they were just in. The men clamber out, Harry taking a once more unconscious Louis and hoisting him up to his chest. Louis' head lulls to the side, gently hitting Harry's shoulder. He cuddles in, Harry carrying him through the entryway and up to the guestroom. He sets him on the bed, not bothering to remove his clothes for fear of Louis being angry in the morning.

His eyes dance across Louis' face, remembering that this boy is still so young. He still hasn't had a chance to see the world. His fingers trail along his cheekbones, down to his lips. His thumb grazes the plump skin. Louis' lips are calling him, begging to be smooched. Harry doesn't give into the temptation- usually. But Louis is getting hard to resist. The more this boy is in his life, the more he feels his resolve slipping. Louis' body is a sin, so curvy and small. He slowly moves his hand down, placing it over the study thump of Louis' heart. Harry has never given much thought to how the heart works, but he's finding out it's not just something that pumps blood.

Warmth has seemed to bloom from the space his heart occupies every time he's around this boy. Unfamiliar with this feeling, he stands, removing all contact with the boy. Harry rubs his temples in annoyance, leaving the room in silence. He flees to the safety of his room, shutting the door and resting his head against it. He's just a boy, he reminds himself. He sighs as he begins to remove his clothes, headed for his bathroom. He ordered a bath be prepared and as expected, the water waits for him in the tub. He eases in, the tense muscles relaxing from the rather unexpected night. Steam is rising around him from the very warm water and he smiles as he dives a little further, mouth submerged by water.

His mind wanders back to the image of Louis on the bed. His pink lips parted and hair tousled. Harry's hand unintentionally lowers, right above his navel. More images of Louis flash in his mind, of pretty blue eyes and softly pinked cheeks. Lower and lower his hand goes until it's wrapped around his quickly growing erection. He squirms in his own grasp as more elaborate scenes paint his mind. A gasping Louis spread out on his bed, begging him to go harder, whimpering as Harry rams into him. Even the noises seem to come to life as he imagines his breathy moans, the way he'll cling to him for dear life when his orgasm hits. A second later, Harry is releasing into his hand, the white substance mixing with the bath water. His head hits the edges of the tub as he thinks about how screwed he is.