Chapter XX

Dinner is served some time later and the pair is seated at the table, eyes glued to the plates in front of them. Louis is poking at his salmon with his fork, appetite at a loss. He's not sure what he expected from earlier, but this isn't it.

Maybe he thought they'd be sitting next to each other, holding hands and stealing bites from the others plates. Maybe he thought they would at least be talking more, Harry telling him more about his life, about what he did before Louis. Maybe he had high hopes for this, whatever it is, because it was his first... relationship. He guesses he could call it that. Harry and he are in some form of relationship. He lives with him. He takes care of him. He kisses him- even if he has to initiate it. So yeah, he supposes they have something.

"Sir, there is a call for you." The butler declares from the hall. Harry excuses himself, walking into the hall to pick up the call. Louis sneaks glances over at the man as he laughs at whatever the person on the other line says. He can't quite make out any of the words being exchanged, only catching the last sentence, "see you in an hour," he says. He returns to the table with an easier smile, Louis staring at him as he pushes his chair in.

"I got a call from a friend of mine, said he wanted me to see his latest box office hit." Louis hasn't seen a film in ages.

The last time he saw a movie was when he was really young, an overgrown toddler in his mother's arms. It was one of the rare moments his father wasn't completely pissed, smiling as he led them both to a recently built movie theater. They had sneaked in, the trio giggling as they found a row of seats. The theater was already full of excitedly chattering people, Louis' big blue eyes roaming the room in wonder. The second the room goes dark, the room goes silent, the movie projector flickering as the movie was about to start.

The first thing Louis remembers is men crowded around a desk. The first row of them were holding up yellow telescopes and in the blink of an eye, they had turned into stools. Louis had gasped in awe along with the crowd. They must be magicians, he thought. Magic, raw magic on the screen. These men had a plan, a plan to fly to the moon and when their rocket was built, a group of women pushed the rocket into the launch. Then he saw the rocket shoot into heavens where it flew and flew until it landed in the eye of the man on the moon. The people inside went to explore, waving to Earth miles away. They lay to sleep afterward, woken up by a storm of rain sent from a lady on a crescent moon. They traveled to another area, discovering mushrooms and water on their trek.

Suddenly, another man was on the screen, but he was different. He was wild and had horns atop his head and he could even walk with his hands. One man hit it with his umbrella, the man vanishing in a puff of smoke. Unfortunately, that caused others to come to the strange man's aid, capturing the group of men from the rocket. The strange men took them to their queen, the men struggling as they went. One managed to break free from their hold, scurrying to where the queen was sitting. He picked her up and threw her on the floor banishing her like the rest. They took their leave then, the men from the moon chasing after them. They climbed back into their rocket, the rocket falling back to Earth when one of the strange men jumped on it. The rocket ended up in the sea where a boat came to take them to shore. In the end, the town had a celebration for the men's arrival, the mayor awarding them great honors for their trip.

It was something he had never been exposed to before at the time, something so completely new that it was the talk of the town. People had so much to say about the new fad that came to town. After that, he would sneak into a few more movies, watching transfixed as new characters were introduced and new storylines became more frequent. He remembers one movie that really did a number on him, and the rest of the town, a movie about a train. It was one shot of a train coming into a train station. It blew past the screen, everyone fearing it was coming right at them. Everyone had shouted, and then laughed when they realized they were in no real danger. It's been a long while since then that he's seen any films.

"What's it about?" Louis asks, wanting so badly to find out.

"You can find out for yourself. Let's go." Harry waits expectantly as Louis takes the time to sift through his words.

"You mean I can go see the movie with you?"

"Of course, now let's go or we'll be late." He leaves the room, whistling his tune as he goes. His men appear and Louis knows he should be following after, scrambling out of his seat and over to the gang.

The movie theater is enormous. It spans for almost an entire block, people filing in by the dozens. Harry takes a hold of Louis' hand gently bypassing all the other movie-goers to enter the building. Inside it was just as expansive, filled with rooms of various commodities. There's a room for dining, a room for viewing art, there's even a room for children to play in. Harry walks passed it all, headed right for the main entrance to the theater. When the grand doors were pulled open, Louis was drawn into another world.

High as the sun, the walls reach. Red velvet curtains hang from the ceiling. Long rows of seats expand down the path ending in front of a silver screen. Behind them, he can see balcony's- at least three stories of them- with children, men, and women all enthusiastic about the new movie. There are already hundreds of people seated; many dressed in high ends suits and sparkling dresses. This world is different than the one from the bar. It's glitz, its glamor; it's what he imagined when he was back in New York. He takes it all in- from the fancy, plush seats to the uniformed ushers who are currently leading the pair to some of the first rows of seats. It's all so magical, a spectacle Louis has yet to have witnessed in real life.

"Styles, glad you could make it!" A shout captures both he and Harry's attention, their gaze shifting to a man with messy blond hair. He makes his way over, excitedly shaking Harry's hand and patting him on the back. "It's been a while since I've seen you around Styles," He leans in, meant to whisper, but Louis could hear everything he was saying. "Got yourself a new boy, have you? He's quite the looker, I'll tell you that." Harry rolls his eyes at the man, thumping him on the forehead.

"No touching, or talking. I've already had to deal with Malik, I'd rather not start with you too." Niall shakes his head, crossing his fingers above his heart.

"Scouts honor, I'll be leaving the lad alone." He frowns then, casting a glance over his shoulder before looking at Harry again. "You say Malik wants his way with him?" He questions, eyes still scoping the place.

"He had his hands on him even when Louis obviously didn't want it." Niall laughs uneasily, pulling on the collar of his suit.

"I think there's something you should know-"

"I knew we'd meet again."