Chapter XXI

That statement is addressed to Louis who was taken aback by the man's sudden appearance. He's on Louis' right, already reaching for Louis' hand. Louis slips away to Harry for safety. He sticks himself behind the man, peeking over his arm to see the scowl on the man's face.

"Hiding from me, that hurts." He frowns, making no motion to get closer to Louis. Louis sighs against Harry's back, deciding to stay put for the time being.

"Niall, what is he doing here?" Harry asks, protectively standing in front of Louis. There was no way in hell he'd let that man touch his Louis.

"He stopped by earlier and heard I was having a showing tonight. He invited himself, I swear." Harry knew Niall was telling the truth, the whiffle waffle in his voice was enough of a tell. He also knew that if Malik was around, he wouldn't have come to the showing. He and Zayn have bad blood, their history dating back to when Harry had first been alone on the scene. Malik had intentionally set Harry in danger, the coppers two seconds away from busting his ass. That was also the day he happened upon Payne, the man actually being of some use during the situation.

"Didn't know you were coming Styles," His eyes flicker over to a still hidden Louis, smirk forming on his lips. "Though I'm glad you did seeing as I had to chance to be met with that darling boy behind you." Zayn's grin widens as he takes the seat right next to them, nonchalantly shrugging his shoulder. "Don't mind me, just getting comfortable." Harry's scowl deepens.

"Niall-"

"You don't have to say another word, follow me." Harry spits at the man's feet before following Niall, steering Louis ahead of him. Niall directs them past the other side of the theater, pulling back a smaller curtain where a staircase rests. Louis trails after Niall as he climbs, another curtain at the end. Pulling it back revealed a balcony, secluded from the rest of the audience. Only four seats were built into it which means they would most likely be alone unless Niall decided to sit with them. "Best seats in the house and sorry for Zayn, I honestly didn't think he would come by." Harry sighs, waving a dismissive hand.

"As long as he stays in his lane, we'll be just fine. Thank you, Niall." Niall smiles before making his way out, leaving Harry and Louis alone.

Harry gestures for Louis to take his pick, Louis sitting in the seat closest to the stage. That left the entire right side of the seats vacant, deciding to give Harry space after earlier. However, Harry takes the seat right next to him, crossing his leg over the other and supporting his head on his hand. His elbow rests on the armrest between them, leaving little space, so much so that if Louis were to sight back in his seat and lean over half an inch, their lips could be touching. Louis takes shallow breaths at the thought, trying to remember that they're amongst a crowd. He doesn't think Harry would appreciate public displays of affection.

A hush falls over the crowd when the lights flicker, the movie about to begin. Louis bounces in his seat as he hears the crank of the projector, the picture appearing before their eyes.

The opening credits are accompanied by a whimsy tune, the name of one of Louis's favorite actors shown across the scenes. He giggles when the man's hat flies away, running circles around him even though it was inanimate. His favorite actor is then in sight, his hat flying away too. Their hats get tangled with each other. The men push and shove as they try to grab their own. His favorite ends up with both hats, running along the coast to get the man off his tail. He ends up knocking the other man unconscious, a woman suspicious as she walks by. He tries to assure her he's fine, controlling the man's movements as if they were his own. Louis laughs loudly, the rest of the audience doing so as well when his favorite actor falls to the ground, throwing sand in the air to try and distract from the fact that he was pushing the other man away.

Harry feebly pays attention to the film; his regards are on the boy next to him. Louis' smiling away as the characters on the screen make fools of themselves, sweet laughter escaping his lips every other minute. His eyes are gleaming, happiness expelling through every giggle. He's like a ball of sunshine, shining brighter than anyone in the room. Harry's aware of the hundreds of other people in the theater, but Louis' laugh is all he hears, all he ever wants to hear.

Harry has never noticed anything like it before, never paid such close attention to the details of another person. He's making a memory, a mental image of the way Louis looks tonight forever imbedded in his mind.

He's in too deep, he's sinking. Further and further into the depths of.... Of love, of love for the boy next to him. It's useless, trying to make himself believe otherwise. Louis is the one person who single handedly battled his way into his heart, probably without even realizing it. The boy has no idea how much Harry cares, how big the Louis' sized hole in his heart has gotten. He's oblivious to it, much like Harry had once been. After the day they've had, Harry can't say he wishes it were different. He can't say that he doesn't want this anymore because he does. He wants to be all in.

When the movie ends, everyone is on their feet in applause, even Louis is jumping up and down as he claps with the rest. Harry rises, instinctively reaching for Louis, stilling when he realizes there's no reason to do so. No crowd is going to separate them, no person will budge their way in between them, and no Zayn to steal him away. They are on their own, the balcony a safe zone. Harry reaches for him anyway.

He grabs ahold of his chin, tilting his head toward him. He bends the rest of the way down, catching his lips with his own. Louis squeaks at the sudden action, hands limp at his sides. Harry moves closer, their upper bodies colliding, Harry's hand at the nape of his neck. Louis has finally gotten some feeling back, hands clasping and unclasping at Harry's suit jacket. Harry's hand travels south, pressing down when it reaches Louis' rear-end. Louis whimpers as he tightens his grip on the suit jacket, trying to get closer to Harry.

"Am I interrupting?" Louis jumps, dropping his arms and trying to move away from Harry. Harry doesn't have it, keeping a firm hold on his waist. Harry makes his dirtiest face at the man behind him, Niall sheepishly rubbing his hands together. If looks could kill, Niall would be very much dead. "I'll be going then." He backs away, closing the curtain behind him, but not before shouting, "There's a party going on in the diner, you're welcome to join." He leaves without another glance back, the displeasure on Harry's face slipping away. He stares back at Louis, who's blushing mad in his arms. He smirks.

"Would you like to go to the party?" Louis seems apprehensive, remembering the last time he had his fun. "All the actors that starred in the movie will be there." Louis' eyes widen, immediately nodding. Harry chuckles as he pecks the boy one last time, leading him down to the party.