Why Should I?-Scarlet Spider X Villain!Reader

Your POV

I've been spying on Scarlet Spider for days now. Ever since Doctor Octopus found out that he was actually alive, there's been a bounty on his head for whoever brought him in.

And I was going to be the one to get that bounty.

You see, I'm a mercenary. My name is (y/n) (l/n), but my villain name is Agony. I work for whoever pays me the most. 😉

And right now, that person is Doc Oc. He told me that if I brought him Scarlet Spider, he would reward me with more fame and riches than I could ever dream. I was gonna get my hands on that, if it was the last thing I did.

So here I was, standing in front of the man I would turn in for the bounty. I had finally decided to confront Scarlet Spider.

"Why are you doing this, Agony?" Scarlet Spider shouted at me, who was currently tied to a chair as I circled him. "Let me go!"

"Never," I grinned. "Now I'll finally get the money and be famous for being the deadliest mercenary ever." I thought about laughing maniacally, but I decided to keep it on the more professional side.

"Money? What money?"

"You know, for such a talented hero you sure are dense. Everyone thought you died. Now you're back from the dead. Don't you think that Doc Oc will want his pawn back on his chess board? The money I'm referring to is the bounty that's on your head. I want it, and I'm going to turn you in to Doctor Octopus for it," I finished as I dramatically ripped off Scarlet Spider's mask.

He eyes flew straight to mine, and if looks could kill, I'd be dead. "Why are you working for him?" His voice was so low with rage it almost sounded like an animal growling.

"Ha!" I scoffed. "Working for him?! Please, I'm merely tracking down, spying on, and capturing a wanted fugitive for money. That's called bounty hunting, dear. And believe me, it's quite legal." I put my hands on my hips and slowly pulled off my mask, fiddling with it as I spoke, "You should be thankful I'm not going to kill you. I am technically a mercenary. It's in the description of a mercenary to kill my enemies for money, but, I don't know...I felt like...sparing you." I dramatically leaned forward, putting my hands on the arms of the chair Scarlet Spider was tied to and resting my forehead on his, glaring into his eyes menacingly. "But only so Doc Oc can fiddle with you however he pleases. I don't care if he experiments on his new specimen, as long as I get my promised reward."

For some reason, his eyes softened. He gazed into my (e/c) eyes with his brown ones. (Does he have brown eyes or blue I'm freaking out I can't remember help me!!!!) "You do care," he breathed.

I drew back, my eyes wide. I couldn't really speak, I was just barely able to whine out a sound that sort of sounded like 'hu-wha?'

"You do care about me, (y/n)!"

"How do you know my name?" I asked warily, starting to regret having removed my mask.

"(Y/n) it's me! It's me, Ben! Ben Riley! Don't you remember me, (n/n)?!" His voice was no longer filled with anger, it was now dripping with desperation. Excitement. Relief.

"Ben..." Yes I knew who this was. I broke down crying tears of joy as I remembered. Ben Riley. My first love. He ran away one day, and I hadn't seen him since. I had no idea he was Scarlet Spider. "Doc Oc removed your face from my memory, Ben! That's why I didn't recognize you. He never told me your true identity, so I had no idea!" I quickly untied my boyfriend and hugged him tightly. "I'm so happy to see you Ben!" I cried.

Tears ran down Ben's face as he held mine in his hands. "Me too, (y/n). Me too." Then, the unimaginable happened. Unexpected. One might say unforeseen.

He kissed me.

It wasn't passionate, heated, or long-winded. Just a small kiss, a sign of his eternal love for me. A sign of his joy at finding me. A sign of his commitment to never let me go again.

It felt good to be in his arms once again.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
PLEASE READ; IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT SOMEWHERE IN THIS BRIEF AUTHOR'S NOTE, SO YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO READ UNTIL YOU FIND IT. MWHAHAHA.
Yayyy!! Happy ending!!! Haha! Sorry if it was cheesy, I'm writing this at night so my emotions are 🤡 CRAZY!! Haha!
I also don't usually do kiss scenes. Y'all know that😉
So I made it to my standards. It was requested, so I felt I could make something like an exception, which is not something I enjoy doing, but I figured it'd be a fitting ending to something so dreadfully dramatic.

Anyway, this was requested by AuthoroftheUniverses so so long ago, I'm so sorry it wasn't getting done until now. Especially this late at night, I ran out of inspiration a few times, then when it kicked back in I got sucked into A Series of Unfortunate Events. The show series. It's amazing!!!! Unfortunately, the short season ended at a cliffhanger, so hopefully the second season will be coming to Netflix soon...

Anyway, I have nothing to do tomorrow (YAY) so EXPECT UPDATES!!!

I'm almost done with the next chapter of Lovebirds. It'll be good...especially chapter 3! I'M SO EXCITED!!! I also need requests for my Jack Sparrow oneshot book, please. Thank you!

I love you ALL!!! Shoutout to you, random reader. Yes you. Thank you for reading this book, and any other book of mine you happen to read and (for some reason) enjoy.

Thank you.

I love you, and goodnight.