Aw, You Do Care-Scarlet Spider X Reader

For AuthoroftheUniverses
Sorry if it's short. 😄😅

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

(Y/n), aka (s/h/n), and Scarlet Spider, aka Ben Riley, are friends. Good friends. Really good friends. Not that either of them would admit to it, of course.

Everyone knew that (y/n) and Ben cared about each other, and so they would constantly and relentlessly tease them about being 'in love,' although that was totally untrue! ...Well...

One day, as (y/n) was walking through Dr. Connors' research laboratory, she saw the most interesting little...gadget. She didn't really know what it was, but she decided (against better judgement, honestly) that she would touch it. Touch it she did, and the next thing she knew, a huge blast of electricity blew her into the wall, riddling her body with so much pain that she couldn't breathe, and promptly slipped into unconsciousness.

(Y/n) woke up to seeing Scarlet Spider standing by her bedside.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

You tried to sit up, but as soon as you tried, you gasped in pain.

"Don't do that, Princess," he warned her just a bit too late. "Doctor said you broke three ribs from the impact. There was a lot of blood, too. You know, you shouldn't touch things that don't belong to you, much less things you don't even know anything about."

"Thanks Hot Shot," (y/n) retorted hoarsely. "I had no idea I had messed up."

"Look, I'm just trying to help you!" Ben shouted in frustration.

"Aw, you do care."

"Yes. Yes, I do," Ben said arrogantly. "Because I care about you." He went quiet. "I really like you, (y/n). I'm sorry I yell at you a lot."

(Y/n)'s eyes softened. "I like you too, Ben."

Ben blushed, and snorted, as if trying to prevent himself from getting emotional. "Okay Princess. But we're a team now, you and me."

(Y/n) grinned. "Haters back off."

"That's right," Ben smiled too, and high-fived his new girlfriend.

Oh, what a beautiful relationship that would turn out to be!