A new friend

Hi, thanks for all your votes and comments, I really appreciate it. Here's the next chapter

*At Shadow's place*

Shadow, once again, woke up as his alarm clock started to beep. As always he went into the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. He had a bruise on his cheek where Scourge had hit him. He also looked at his shoulder where his father brand marked him. He placed a finger on the burn and yelped in pain. "How am I supposed  to survive gym with that?" Shadow asked himself and put a new shirt on which perfectly covered his injuries. 

*At Rouge's place*

Rouge was eating breakfast with her mother and she was really excited about her new school. "I hope I'll make new friends today." Rouge said and took another bite of her toast. "I'm sure that you'll get a lot of new friends here Rouge." Luna replied and smiled at her daughter. Ten minutes later he grabbed her bag and made her way to the door. "Mom come on, I don't want to be late on my first day." Rouge said as her mother came out of the kitchen. "Yeah, yeah I'm on my way." Luna replied and both went to Luna's car. 

*time skip*

Rouge stepped out of her mother's car and looked at the school in front of her. "Have a nice day at school." Luna said and Rouge looked back at her mother. "I will, bye mom." Rouge replied and walked away.

Rouge was almost at the front door of the school as she saw Shadow in the corner of her eye. She turned around and looked at the person to make sure if it really is Shadow. "Hi Shadow." Rouge said excited and went the stairs back down. "Hi Rouge." Shadow replied as Rouge stood now in front of him. Her smiled turned into a concerned face as she saw the bruise on Shadow's cheek. "Are you alright? Did that hawk hit you yesterday?" she asked concerned. "Yeah but don't worry I'm perfectly fine." Shadow lied and Rouge nodded. "By the way could you tell me where the biology class is? It's my first class and I don't want to be late." Rouge asked with begging eyes. "Sure. I think we're in the same class because I also have biology." Shadow said and had a small smile on his face. "Cool." Rouge said excited and the two walked into the school.

Shadow and Rouge entered the classroom and Shadow immediately walked to the desk in the back of the class. The other students ignored him as he made his way back to his chair and Rouge followed him. 'I wonder why the others ignore him.' Rouge asked herself. "Is it okay to sit beside you?" Rouge asked and Shadow nodded but before she had the chance to sit down, she was pulled back by someone. 

"Hi! You're the new girl here right?" a brown chipmunk  said. "Yeah, I'm Rouge the Bat." Rouge said and two other girls walked up behind the chipmunk. "I'm Sally Acorn, that's Fiona Fox and the bird here is Wave the Swallow." Sally replied and shook Rouge's hand. "Nice to meet you." Rouge said and waved at the others. "We're the popular guys here." Wave said with a grin on her face. "So if you don't want to end up like that emo-hog over there, you better be on our side." Fiona said while pointing at Shadow and Rouge saw that he folded his ears back and looked out of the window. Rouge who was still holding Sally's hand pulled her hand back and looked angryly at the girls. "I don't want to be a friend of such bitches!" Rouge hissed and Shadow looked surprised at Rouge. "What did you just call us?" Wave asked angrily. "You heard what I said, now back off." Rouge said and glare at them. "Fine, stay by your emo-hog!" Sally said and crossed her arms. "Come on lets go." Fiona said and the three girls went back to their seats. Rouge also sat back down on her chair. 

Shadow just looked at her and Rouge was still glaring at the three girls. "Thanks." Shadow whispered but Rouge could hear him anyway. "For what?" Rouge asked and turned her head to face Shadow. "That you backed me off." Shadow replied and had a small smile on his face. "No problem, that's what friends are for." Rouge replied with a big smile on her face. "A friend?" Shadow asked. "Don't you want to be friends with me?" Rouge asked a bit disappointed. "No that's not what I meant, it's just ... I've never had a friend before." Shadow replied and turned around to look out of the window again. "You've never had a friend before?" Rouge replied shocked and Shadow nodded. "Then I'll be your friend Shadow." Rouge said and smiled again. "Do you really mean that?" Shadow asked facing her again and Rouge smiled at him. "I'll forever be your friend, I promise." Rouge replied and smiled even more. Then the bell rang and the biology teacher came into the classroom. 

'I think I can be happy after all.' Shadow thought and looked at Rouge before he payed attention to the teacher. 

'Now that I'm his friend, I hope that I can get to know him better.' Rouge thought and sometimes looked at Shadow but was still paying attention to the teacher until she heard someone else talking.

Rouge could hear Fiona, Sally and Wave talking because of her good hearing and she understand nearly everything. "We're going to tell Scourge and the others what happened right?" Fiona said as quietly as she can. "Yeah, nobody calls us bitch and think to get away with it." Sally said angrily. "We don't have to call the boys about that, I have a way better idea to get revenge." Wave said with an evil grin. Rouge gulped and wanted to know about their plan. "Sally, Fiona, Wave! Pay attention." the teacher said before Wave got the chance to tell her friends about her plan. 

What are the girls planning? Find out in the next chapter which I hopefully can update tomorrow. 
Please vote and comment.