rescue

IMPORTANT: I do NOT own the picture!!!!!
Thanks for 500 reads and all your votes and comments. Here's the next chapter, hope you enjoy it.

*with Shadow*

Shadow watched his father leaving the room and closed his eyes as he tried to fight his tears back again. His sight was blurry because of blood loss and Shadow new that he needed help and quickly. 'Rouge ... please help me ... I don't know how long I can go on like this.' Shadow thought and lowered his head.

*with Rouge*

It was already dark outside and Rouge was still sitting in the tree and waited for the lights to go out but instead she saw how somebody opened the front door. 'I hope Mephiles is going out tonight.' Rouge thought and watched the door curiously. The luck was on Rouge's side and Mephiles went out of the house and locked the front door. Rouge would jump in happiness but was just smiling because she didn't want Mephiles to notice her. As Mephiles was out of sight Rouge quickly flew off the tree and to the front door. She reached into her pocket to get the object she was holding before. She pulled out Shadow's house key, which she stole as Mephiles wasn't looking, and unlocked the door. She entered the house and locked the door just in case Mephiles would return earlier than expected.  

*with Shadow*

Shadow's ears perked up as he heard the front door opening. He began to shiver because he thought his father was back again but he soon noticed that there was something different. The footsteps he heard weren't heavy and more quietly. It sounded as if someone was sneaking around upstairs. 'Rouge' Shadow thought and wanted to get her attention but failed as he realized his body was to weak to make any noises with the chains and screaming would not help either because of the mouth gag. 'Rouge, please came down here.' Shadow screamed in his head and tears were starting to well up in his eyes. 

*with Rouge*

Rouge went to the first door she saw and tried to open it but it was locked. 'Shadow ... I'm sure he's in there' Rouge thought and walked to the next door she saw. She opened it and was confronted with a small bedroom.

There was a small bed and a closet in there. Next to the bed was a bedside table with a lamp and an alarm clock. "This must be Shadow's bedroom." Rouge said to herself and sighed before she left the room. "He has to be in that room with the lock." Rouge said a bit angry and went to the next door. In this room was a king sized bed and many pictures of a yellow hedgehog on the wall. Rouge was sure that this room had to be Mephiles' bedroom and she started searching for a key. Rouge looked around and here eyes noticed something shiny on one of the bedside tables. "Ah, there you are." Rouge said and grabbed the bunch of keys. 

Rouge rushed to the locked door and jumped up happily as she heard the 'click' of the lock. She turned the lights on and ran downstairs. "Shadow ... where are you?" Rouge shouted but didn't get an answer. 'That's not good.' Rouge thought and rushed to the first door she saw.

She opened the door and turned the lights on and her eyes widened at what she saw. 

*with Shadow*

Shadow heard the door to the cellar open. 'Rouge?' Shadow thought before his head began to spin again. 'Please hurry.' Shadow thought again and closed his eyes as suddenly the lights went on and he heard a gasp.

"Shadow!" Rouge said worried and rushed to his side and took the mouth gag off. "Rouge." Shadow whispered weakly and Rouge barely heard him.
Rouge couldn't believe what she saw. Shadow was covered in blood and bruises. He had scratches on his arms, torso and muzzle and a mouth gag on his mouth. She also noticed blood running down the right side of his head and Rouge saw the two earrings.   

She quickly unlocked the chains around Shadow's wrists and Shadow fall to his knees and the slashes on his back reopened once again, causing Shadow to yelp slightly. Rouge gasped as she saw the whip marks and knelt down beside him. "Come on Shadow, we have to get out of hear before your dad comes back." Rouge said and helped Shadow to get up. She wrapped an arm around Shadow to support him. Shadow hissed in pain as Rouge touched a wound on his side but there was barely a spot on his upper body that wasn't injured so he dealt with the pain. "Sorry." Rouge said and put Shadow's arm around her neck for more support. As they walked back to the door, Rouge noticed that Shadow was limping slightly. Rouge also noticed that Shadow was really weak because as they reached the stairs she was more dragging him with her and he also got heavier. 

Five minutes after dragging Shadow upstairs Rouge let go of him to locked the door again. Then she quickly put the keys back where she found them and ran back to Shadow who tried to not black out from blood loss. Rouge and Shadow were about to make their way to the front door as they heard someone unlocking the door and Shadow was clearly terrified.
"Damn." Rouge whispered as she also got nervous and dragged Shadow into the bathroom and closed the door just in time before the front door opened. 

Mephiles entered his house and quickly got his keys before he unlocked the door to the cellar with an evil grin. "Shadow, I'm back." Mephiles said as he went downstairs to the 'torture' room. He opened the door but to his shock Shadow was gone. "SHADOW COME OUT IMMEDIATELY OR YOU WILL BE SORRY." Mephiles shouted and he ran back upstairs.
He rushed to Shadow's room and opened the door but was met with an empty room. He slammed the door shut and went to the bathroom. Shadow was sitting across the door and was shaking in fear but didn't dare to make a noise. Mephiles put a hand on the doorknob and opened the door. 

Okay I'm not really satisfied with this chapter but never mind, I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Next update will be either tomorrow or next weekend, depends if I'm in writing mood or not.