Backstory

Sorry for not updating sooner ..... I was a bit busy lately. Anyway I hope you like the story so far. Here's the new chapter, I hope you enjoy it.

*with Shadow*

"W-why can't you just kill me?" Shadow asked and continued crying, ignoring the pain in his ear as good as possible. "Where would the fun be if I wouldn't hear your screams of pain anymore? Besides you have to suffer because it was all your fault." Mephiles said and looked angry and sad at the same time. Shadow looked a bit confused and Mephiles noticed Shadow's look. "Oh you can't remember what you did?" Mephiles asked and looked angrier as before. "You were the cause she died." Mephiles said and Shadow turned his head away, trying to avoid Mephiles' glare. Then a hand grabbed his jaw and titled it upward, causing Shadow to look at Mephiles. Shadow looked into Mephiles' eyes and saw just anger and hate in them. Shadow was pulled out of his staring and closed his eyes in pain as he felt the claws cutting into his muzzle. "You were the reason she died." Mephiles yelled and let go of Shadow's muzzle and examining his claws with amusement. "I-I don't even know w-what you're t-talking about." Shadow said in pain. And the memory came back into Mephiles' mind.

*Flashback*

(twelve years ago)

It was Shadow's fifth birthday and Mephiles prepared everything for Shadow's birthday-party. When he was finished, Mephiles went out into the garden and waited for his beloved wife and his son. In the meantime, Maria, Shadow's mother, entered the kindergarten to pick Shadow up. "Hi big boy. How was your day so far?" Maria asked as Shadow jumped into her arms and hugged her. "It was great." Shadow replied in a children's voice. "Get your jacket, there's something waiting for you at home." Maria said as she let go of Shadow. Shadow nodded and got his jacket as fast as he can. "We can go now." Shadow said exited and took the hand of his mother. Maria smiled and they left the building.

Maria and Shadow just had to cross the street to get to their house and Mephiles smiled and waved at his family. Whenever Maria was happy, he was happy.

Maria and Shadow were on the middle of the street as suddenly a car came at full speed. Maria noticed the car and quickly took Shadow up to avoid him getting hit by the car. Before Mephiles could react, Maria was approached by the car. Maria's grip loosened and Shadow fell out of her hands and hit his head on the asphalt. Shadow was immediately unconscious and the last thing he heard was his father screaming Maria's name.

Mephiles rushed to his family and called the ambulance. "Maria please stay alive, help is on the way." Mephiles said while he knelt beside her. In the corner of his eyes he saw his son and a bit blood beside his head. Mephiles saw that Shadow was still breathing, then he looked back at his wife who was lying in a pool of blood. "Stay with me please. You can't leave me." Mephiles said as he hugged Maria. Then he heard the ambulance but he never left Maria's side. "Please you have to help her. She has to survive." Mephiles pleaded as the man took Shadow and Maria into the car. Mephiles also got into the car and a doctor put a breathing mask on Maria. As they entered the hospital Mephiles had to stay in the waiting room.

Mephiles was waiting for two hours until a nurse with a sad look came up to him. "Please tell me Maria survived." Mephiles pleaded. "I'm sorry but your wife didn't make it." she said sadly and Mephiles started crying. "And my son?" Mephiles asked still with tears in his eyes. "He's in a coma. He might have amnesia and can't remember this event." the nurse said in a sad tone. "Can I see my wife." Mephiles asked and the nurse nodded. "She and your son are in the same room." the nurse informed and lead the way.

Mephiles fall down on his knees as he saw the death body of his wife. "Why? Why did you have to leave me?" Mephiles asked between sobs and he took the cold hand of his wife. He hold her hand until two man came to take her away. Mephiles then was alone in the room and then he noticed Shadow. Shadow's head was bandaged and he had an I.V. in his hand. "That's all your fault." Mephiles said as he stopped crying.

One month later Shadow woke up and he couldn't remember the accident. "Mom?" Shadow asked even before he opened his eyes. Mephiles, who was sitting in a chair beside the hospital bed, got even more angry as he called for Maria. "Dad, where's mom." Shadow asked but didn't get an answer. "She left us." Mephiles said and stood up to get a nurse. Ten minutes later, they left the hospital and that's when Mephiles started torturing Shadow.

*End of Flashback*

"She decided to protect you and sacrifice herself just to let you stay alive." Mephiles yelled and punched Shadow into the stomach. "It's all your fault" Mephiles said again and Shadow felt claws on his left side before they slashed upwards. Shadow cried out in pain and tears started to form in his eyes again. "Because of you Maria died." Mephiles screamed, before his claws racked down Shadow's right arm, earning another scream from the red and black hedgehog. "P-please s-s-stop." Shadow begged but his father wasn't listening. "Ever since you were born, Maria cared more for you than me." Mephiles screamed before he once again punched Shadow. The only thing Shadow could do was crying and begging for mercy, but his father didn't care at all.

Shadow was in severe pain and Mephiles was about to punch Shadow again but stopped as he heard the doorbell ringing. "Don't make a single noise." Mephiles said as he put a mouth gag on Shadow and went up the stairs. Shadow looked after his dad and was just crying. 'I can't even remember what happened on that day.' Shadow thought while trying to ignore the pain he felt.

The doorbell rang again and Mephiles opened the door revealing a white bat.

And another chapter done. I hope you enjoy the story so far and thanks again for all your comments and votes on the last chapter.

Next chapter coming soon