Reckless

I'm awoken from my dream by a soft knocking on my door.  I sigh, already knowing who it is at three in the morning.

The door opens and Logan steps into my door with tears streaked down his face.

I sit up and switch on my lamp, rubbing my eyes to adjust to the lighting. He slowly walks to my side of the bed. 

"Bad dream?"  I ask, my voice is hoarse from sleep. 

He nods. 

I scoot over and pull the covers back for him to climb in. I turn off my lamp before laying back down on the cooler side of my bed.

Logan buries his face into my chest and hugs me tight. I drape my arm around him, knowing he's still a bit scared of his dream.

"Mamie?" 

I groan. I hate that shitty nickname.

"Go to sleep."

"When is dad coming home?"

"He'll...be home soon. I promise."

"Okay. Night."

"Night."

In all honesty I don't know when he'll be back. It's not like he has band stuff to do. The band ended years ago. As in I'm ten. I know...long time ago.

Logan misses him all the time but I've gotten used to him not being home. I help mom around the house and help Logan with school when mom is either too tired or doesn't know what the hell she's doing.

I love my mom to the moon and back. Always have.

Sometimes I stay awake at night and think about how my life is now.

Like tonight.

School is horrible. I'm smart, no doubt, but kids always ask about my dad and the other boys. It's so annoying. I truly can't wait to start a different school, like middle or high school . Hopefully they won't follow me there. I want to leave all that behind soon.

Well...besides Maddie. She's my best friend and I'd do anything for her.

I have a split lip to prove it. 

That girl is the silliest thing in this world. She jokes about everyone and everything. Of course she's shy to others because she doesn't know them but with me she's anything but.

The only reason I go to school is to get out of the house and see her. 

I know I'm only in grade five and I have no other choice than to go to school but I know my ways. I sometimes take Maddie to the ice-cream shop and we hang out there for as long as we can before getting kicked out for skipping. I always get yelled at by mom for dragging Maddie into it.

Whatever.

We'll be doing it again tomorrow.

A/N:

Welcome to Reckless! This is a spin off of Careless...check that out first!

This is only the prelude/prologue of the story. Noah (Jamie) is 13+ throughout the story but I needed him to be ten in this first chapter.

Please read Careless first to understand Noah's backstory.

If you guys have already read Careless...here's your spin off!

It will be short (10-15 chapters) and different than my other stories. 

Enjoy!