Listen

Needs editing but I'm a bit lazy so...yup.

"So you guys....are dating" I stated still shocked with the revelation that my mom and Harry were kissing.

"N-not exactly" mom stammered as she slipped on her shirt and hopped off the table to stand.

"So you guys are just making out for the hell of it?"

"Hey, watch who you're using that tone with Noah."

Full name...dammit.

I felt Maddie squeeze my hand and that made me cool down from my building up anger. "Yes ma'am" I mumbled.

"Maddie, go upstairs sweetie." I saw her nod from the corner of my eye. I didn't want her to go. I needed her here to keep me from fuming. She smoothed her hand across my back as she walked behind me to go up the steps.

"Now, this" she said pointing between her and Harry, "is none of your business and if you have a problem with it then you can come to me privately about it."

I sighed, "I don't have a problem with it...I really don't. I guess I'm just upset that you didn't tell me, I mean, we tell each other everything."

"Aw, come 'ere" she cooed, holding out her arms for me. I groaned and made my way over to her, narrowing my eyes at Harry when I hear him laugh. 

My mom wrapped her arms around me and rubbed over my back. "Don't baby me" I mumbled into her shoulder.

"But you're my baby." "Mom." "Okay, sorry." She pulled back and held my face between her hands. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but this is new to me too-" 

"We haven't even DTR'd" Harry cut in. "What?" "Defined the relation." 

My mom turned and looked at him with a smile she hasn't worn in a while, "You are so cheesy."

He shrugged with a blush-BLUSH-growing on his cheeks.

Mom looked back at me and continued, "I'll tell you everything from now on."

I shivered as I removed her hands from my face, "Well, not everything."

She laughed and kissed my forehead. "Maddie's alone up there, go."

"Alright" I said and turned to leave.

"But no closed doors" she called after me.

I got to my room to see Maddie laying on my bed sleeping. She must've been tired.

I go to her and untie her converse before slipping them off her feet and dropping them to the floor.

I grabbed a blanket from the foot of my bed and laid it on her. I carefully crawled onto the bed and laid behind her before wrapping an arm around her waist. She lightly jolted and her voice flowed with a breathy tone.

"Noah?"

"I'm right here" I whispered and left a kiss through her hair. 

"I'm tired."

"Sleep."

"But what about-"

"Shh, we'll do it later."

She faintly nodded and her soft breathing went even again. 

***

After just barely getting our homework done that night Ms. Sydney came to pick up Maddie.

I wish she'd just stay the night but I know my mom nor Maddie's would allow that. I walked her downstairs to the door while my mom was outside talking to Sydney. I handed her bag to her and slipped her phone into her back pocket.