Getting along

I helped my mom set the table and even though she tried to hide it, she was nervous.

Dad was less than ten minutes away and she has yet to explain to him that she already started dating. I mean, I don't blame her. Her and Harry have been friends for quite a long time and he was there when my dad wasn't.

The other day she told me about how her and Harry got together, even though I begged her not to. She told me that they were just talking about her plans for the future and how she'd move on when he just...kissed her. That was a bold move if I do say so myself. The kiss that Maddie and I walked in on was only their second and that was pretty steamy.

Ugh!

Just thinking of my mom...ew okay stop.

I chuckled when my mom almost dropped the bowl of mashed potatoes.

"Nervous much?"I teased.

"Oh shut up" she snapped, setting the bowl on the table before going to the drawers to grab utensils.

As I set the plates I thought about how Logan's spot has been empty for weeks. I'm actually glad he's coming home tomorrow because Maddie and I planned on taking him to the winter fair.

It would be a surprise and we even decided to invite Zeke.

Harry came into the kitchen and kissed my mom on the cheek before chuckling, "Eden, calm down."

"I'm sorry, I'm just not sure how he'll take it."

"Well, Jamie suggested I hide somewhere."

My mom shot daggers at me and I shrugged before sitting in my chair.

There was a knock on the door and mom went to answer it while Harry sat across from me. "Showtime."

Eden's POV:

I opened the door and my heart broke for the thousandth time. Liam wore is permanent bright smile but I could see the hesitation behind it and the dark spots under his eyes.

I forced a smile and opened the door wider to let him in, "Hey."

"Hi, I brought coconut creme because I know Jamie likes it."

"Soy-free?" "Of course."

I went to the kitchen with Liam hot on my tail.

I reminded myself why I wasn't with him and why I could never be again. Harry turned and smiled a reassuring smile that I've come to love. He has made me happy and has comforted me these last few weeks and tonight, if we survive this dinner, I want to show him. We haven't been having sex, which I've been wanting to do, because he doesn't want to feel like I owe him anything. I care about him enough so I don't see why he won't just lie there and let me have my way with him.

Okay...that was uncalled for but I haven't gotten it in since...ever. Like months and I'm like a bitch in heat over here.

"Oh...hey Harry" Liam awkwardly greeted. I sighed and sat next to Harry at the table. "Hey Liam" he chirped, then leaned in to whisper in my ear. "It'll be fine, just think of that one time at your job when we almost-" "Shut up" I hissed, nudging him away from me. He lightly laughed before grabbing the spoon in the mash potatoes and putting them on his place. Liam sat across from us, next to Jamie as we ate. It was quiet until Jamie decided to speak up.

"Maddie want to have sex with me."

I chocked on my water and I saw Liam's eyes widened while Harry began to laugh.

"Jump on it then" he said. "Harry!" "I'm just kidding! You're way too young for that."

"Well...how old were you?"