Blind Sided

Might need editing...not sure but enjoy!

"Bro, I have no guy friends without you around" I told Carter when we got upstairs to my room.

"I know, my mom wants me to 'make something out of myself'. Stupid private school."

"Doesn't Tilly go there?" "Yeah but we don't have any classes together. I eat lunch with her though."

I smirked at him, "You guys hooked up?" "No!" I chuckled, "I'm just messin' with you. Don't act like you haven't before." "Yeah, most awkward ten minutes of my life." "Ew! I don't wanna know how long you last." "Like you can last any longer" he challenged. "Actually I wouldn't know." "You never got with Alex?" "No, not with anyone." "Bro! Now you have to now. You're nearly fourteen." "I can wait."

We plopped onto my bed and he brought out his phone. "So when is this Marley girl coming?"

I checked my phone for the time. "In ten minutes I think. She doesn't live that far."

"What she like?"

"Oh no no no. Don't get any ideas."

"What? It's just a question."

"She's not that type of girl. If you want to try and get with her I'd advise you to take it slow. She's nothing like Alex or Tilly."

"Like Maddie?"

Just the mention of her name had me sulking. I miss her. Even though I only just saw her yesterday it wasn't the same. We didn't laugh or tease each other.

"Nah, not like Maddie. She's really passionate about what she likes and kind of shy. She comes off as a flirt, well to me she did, but once you get to know her you notice she's had a rough past. Just don't push anything with her, alright?"

"Well damn, Romeo" he chuckled. "Whatever, I care about her." He raised an eyebrow with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Not like that" I corrected, "we're friends and she doesn't have many and neither do I."

"What's up with you and Maddie?"

"We kissed, we argued, we're friends. End of story."

"You kissed?!"

"Yeah..."

"Finally! Damn, I could smell the pheromones on the two of you."

"What?"

"Everyone, and I mean everyone, knew you guys would end up together."

"But we're not together."

"Not yet" he smirked.

"Jamie your friend's here!" my moms voice came from downstairs. "Marley!" I heard Logan exclaim before his steps went down the stairs.

"Send her up!"

"Remember what I told you" I scolded Carter. "I know, I know. Skin of paper, bones of glass."

"Quoting Spongebob isn't gonna get you any points with her" I chuckled. "She doesn't watch Spongebob" he asked in awe. I shrugged and got off the bed to get a shirt.

"And go take a shower" I told him, "You fucking stink." "I just came from football (soccer) practice" he argued. "All the more reason to take a bath" I said and tossed him a shirt and some joggers.

He stripped off his shirt just as my door burst open.

"Noah, your little brother is so cute. He gave me this drawing of wonder woman and superman holding hands. It's actually really go-..." She broke off her sentence when she looked up and saw Carter there. Her cheeks turned a bright pink and I tried to hide my laughter when his face turned red too.