Chapter 7

AN-Sibling Goals!!!

AN-Sibling Goals!!!

"Noelle?" I hear the voice of my brother wake me up. This is something that happens quite often to me, Stiles waking me up that is. It also happens to be the thing I hate most about Stiles, he always seems to be the one stops me from doing the thing I love most.
"Stiles, I swear if this isn't important, I will personally find a way to put you on that dead pool," I snap while opening my eyes and sitting up.
He rolls his eyes,"Does catching the Benefactor count as important?"
I narrow my eyes at him,"You're lucky... Give me 20 minutes,"
I got out of bed and got dressed in a black sheer tank top, a long grey cardigan, maroon skinny jeans, and grey heeled short boots.

"Is four enough?" Kira asks looking at the four apple lap tops sitting on Scott's kitchen counter.
"Depends on how many cameras they have, but I think so," Stiles replies.
"Are we really doing this?" Liam asks warily.
"We're doing it. Tonight." Scott says confidently.
"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asks.
"You mean the whole pretty much killing Scott thing? Then yes it's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic, but we've had worse plans," I reply.
"Have you guys done anything like this before?" Liam asks still looking pretty nervous.
"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Stiles ask.
"I think it's a yes to both," Kira answers.
"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to," Scott says to Liam.
"I'm not scared," Liam states firmly.
"Then you're borderline idiotic," Stiles says to him while putting a hand on his shoulder.
"If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" Scott says.
"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira asks.
"Because the tape from Garrett's duffel bag said visual confirmation required." Scott explains.
"Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead," Stiles adds.
"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?" I ask.
"You don't get paid," Kira answers.
"But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Liam asks.
"He still needs to know if the target is really dead," I explain.
"Especially if it's someone high on the list," Stiles adds.
"So if he wants visual confirmation..." Liam starts.
"He's going to have to come get it himself," Scott finishes.
After that, Stiles and I went to Chris Argent's apartment while Liam, Kira, and Scott sthayed so that Kira could "kill him".t
"That's your assassin speak?" Stiles asks unimpressed as we stand in this little cage full of gun, a computer with the words Scott McCall dead payment requested.
"I said he's dead. What more do you want?" Chris asks.
"It was a little dry. You could have said something like, target has been neutralized, or the crow flies at midnight. That's always cool." Stiles suggests.
I roll my eyes at him,"Stiles, Scott's worth 25 million dollars, I'm pretty sure they don't care how you tell them. Just as long as he's dead."
The computer dings, causing us to look down, it said B-VISUAL CONFIRMATION REQUIRED.
"Type this," Chris starts. "Visual confirmation isn't possible. Police coming to claim body in 40 minutes."
We get a reply almost immediately B-VISUAL CONFIRMATION IS REQUIRED FOR PAYMENT.
"Tell him the number two on the list is dead. I killed him. And if the wire transfer isn't completed in forty minutes..." Chris says before shoving Stiles aside and typing, I'M COMING AFTER YOU.
After that we head to the hospital and into the morgue, where Scott's pretty much dead body was lying on a morgue slab. Outside I hear the pained screams of Melissa, which was enough to bring tears to my eyes. From what I've gathered I believe she knows about all this, so she's doing a damn good job of acting. Minutes later, she walked in the door sniffing as she walked over to all of us, standing beside me, as we circled around Scott.
"I still hate this plan," she says after composing herself. "I mean this is pretty significantly terrifying. He looks dead."
"Give me your hand," Kira's mother, Noshiko says to Melissa.
Melissa looks over at us distrust in her eyes,"It's ok," I tell her.
She nods and give Noshiko her hand, who places it on Scott chest, above his heart.
Tears well up in Melissa's eyes, probably because at the moment Scott doesn't have a heartbeat. I don't really blame her, if I'm being honest, it's unnerving seeing Scott's lifeless body.
"Wait for it," Noshiko says.
After a few moments Melissa sighs in relief in feeling Scott's heartbeat. "Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?" She asks.
"Enough for an Alpha," Noshiko replies.
"How much time do we have?" Melissa asks.
"45 minutes."
"What happens after that?" She asks.
"I bring him back the same way," Kira answers.
"No I mean what happens if he stays like this for longer than 45 minutes?" Melissa asks.
Noshiko's eyes widen as she looks at all of us,"No ones told her?"
"What? What happens after 45 minutes?" She asks forcefully.
I let out a sigh,"He dies." I tell her.
After that, Kira, Stiles, Liam, and I go to a random hospital room where we set up our laptops so that they are set to show all the cameras in and around the hospital.
After a while of just staring at the footage, I look down at my Apple Watch for timer which only had 20 minutes left. I look back up at the screen to the the one on the started to blur before going out completely.
"Hey," Liam says, getting the others two's attention. "Is that supposed to look like that?" He asks while motioning to the screen.
I let out a sigh,"Should have made a plan B."
"No, no it's not supposed to look like that.. It's the roof. Someone's gonna have to check it out," Stiles says.
"I'll go," Kira volunteers.
"Whoa, whoa. This might not just be a malfunction," I say trying to stop her.
"That's why I'm bringing this," Kira says before showing us her sword.
"I'm coming with you," Liam says before running after her.
"And you're both coming right back. Immediately..." Stiles calls after them. He then lets out a sigh,"Kids." He says causing me to roll my eyes.
After a while of waiting, the power in the room started to flicker.
"Stiles, we should go find Chris or something," I say as I look at the screens, which were now all now blank.
He nods and we begins walking down the floors trying to find Kira, Liam, or Chris. We rounded a corner and I gasped as I saw a barrel of a gun pointed at my head. I look up and Chris lowers the gun, causing the both of us to sigh in relief.
"The power's out in the whole building. I lost all of the cameras," I explain to him.
"Stay with Scott. Text me if you see or hear anything." Chris instructs us before walking off. So Stiles and I listen to him, and go into the morgue and stand where Scott is being kept. I look down at my watch letting out a nervous sigh, only 18 minutes left.
After a couple minutes we get nervous so Stiles calls Chris while he paces.
"Come on, come on. Answer the phone. Answer the phone, Argent, come on. Come on Argent. Why are you not answering the phone?" Stiles asks, talks to himself nervously.
Not ten seconds later, Chris falls through the door and looks up at us,"Run, guys. Run." He says urgently.
Before we could do anything a little bitch walks through the door, and by little bitch, I mean Kate Argent.
I look down at Chris frowning,"Well, you've been busy," I mutter.
Chris gets up and stands beside me.
"Get out of the way Stiles, Noelle. I'm taking the body." She says firmly.
"Why visual confirmation?" Stiles asks.
She shakes her head,"Don't sorry, handsome. I'm not the Benefactor." Kate says as the stalks closer to us.
"Then what do you want with the body?" I ask, finding it a bit weird we're calling Scott "the body".
"I wish I could tell you," Kate says causing Chris to come after her, raising a gun to her neck. She smirks,"I always forget you carry two."
"Back off!" Argent snaps.
"Are you sure you can pull that trigger fast enough?" Kate asks cockily.
"I don't want to," he says as he continues to hold the gun to her neck.
"You're not going to kill me." She says with a shake of the head.
"I'm not going to let you take his body," Chris snaps.
"Ok, well, obviously, you guys have a lot to talk about. So, maybe... I saw some coffee, or a vending machine." Stiles suggested, but obviously the two don't listen to him.
"Listen to me, Kate. We have a plan," Chris explains.
"And if killing Scott was part of it, you're worse than me." Kate says, her eyes narrowed.
"He's telling the truth. We're trying to get to the Benefactor," I explain.
"If you didn't notice, you're on that list too. And worth more than most." He says.
"That's why I'm here," Kate says angrily.
"Then back off and let us do what we planned." He snaps, before Kate looks down at his watch. I also look at mine, three minutes left. "Take the Berserkers and go. Kate, please, we have a plan." he begs.
She nods hesitantly before leaving. I breath out a sigh of relief before opening the morgue drawer, containing Scott. Luckily Kira ran in just as I do that. She puts her hand on him, sending lightning through him, causing his eyes to open as he sits up gasping. I think everyone in the room breathed a dog of relief. We may not have found out who the Benefactor is, but Scott's alive, and that's all that matters.
"What happened? Did it work?" Scott asks after Kira kisses him.
We were about to answer, but Liam run in the door causing us all to look up at him. "It's your mother. She's hurt," Liam says to Kira.
As Kira goes to her, Stiles and I give Scott his clothes before heading home, exhausted from the events of today. Which seemed to happen a lot for us, I'm tired of losing this. I change into some PJ's before going to bed.

****************************************
Thanks to you all for reading!! Sorry for the short chapter, and that there was no Joelle in it. But I promise next chapter will have a lot more of that, and a look into more of Noelle's abilities. Like usual don't forget to vote and comment, letting me know what you thought. And can I just say how happy I was writing more Stiles and Noelle.
-S