Chapter 27

I sit in the back of Stiles' jeep as we follow a dozen police cars, who are chasing the beast

I sit in the back of Stiles' jeep as we follow a dozen police cars, who are chasing the beast. My eyes dart around nervously knowing this creature will kill anyone it comes in contact with.
"Unit five heading northwest on Crescent reporting an incredibly large...something" Hayden's sister's voice echoes through the silent car.
"Unit five. I think I got eyes on the same thing. Some kind of rabid animal." Another deputy replies.
"Unit five to nine. Trust me, that's no animal."
Another deputies voice rings over us, this one's voice sounds frantic and rushed,"Unit six. We have a situation downtown. Multiple fatalities."
"Copy, paramedics are on their way. Do you have a perp in sight, Unit six?"
"Negative. Looks like a 10-91E. Animal attack." The deputy replies.
"10-4. Can you say what kind of animal?" Dispatch asks as we drive by where the frantic deputy was standing.
Stiles picks up his radio,"All units stay back. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage."
"Stiles, get of the radio!" I hear our dad shout. "All units alert. Wait for backup. Repeat, no one goes near this thing.
"Unit five reporting a sighting on Hill Road, southbound."
"Unit 9, I've got it turning off Oakridge south bound on Beachwood."
"All units, this is dispatch. We've got a 911 call with additional sighting on Mitchell."
Realization hits me, when I realize where this thing is going. I lean forward in my seat, "Wait a second? Beachwood to Mitchel. It's headed right for the hospital."
Stiles' eyes widen as he picks up the radio again,"Dad?"
"Stiles, get off this channel."
Stiles lets out a sigh,"Dad, just listen to me, okay? He's headed for the hospital, alright? He's headed for Beacon Memorial. You hear me? He's headed for the hospital."
My chest fills with worry as Stiles speeds up, thinking about everyone that is in danger from this animal. My dad, Jordan, Melissa, all of us. This thing is basically indestructible, and the only way for it to be stopped is for Jordan to fight him, which makes me extremely nervous, especially since we don't really know where he is right now.
As if my father read my mind he asked,"Does anyone have Parrish's 20?"
"All units, we have a 911 emergency call reporting a man on fire running into the Beacon Memorial."
"Clarke, disregard."
We finally make it to the hospital, opening the doors to find the once busy hall completely and eerily empty, the lights flashing. The cock of a gun, causes me to flinch, and turn around, breathing a sigh of relief when I see it's just our dad. He puts a finger up to his lips, motioning for us to be quiet. Just as he does that, the whole building shakes, as the beast lets out a roar that rattles the walls.
Scott looks up at the ceiling, then back down to us,"Fourth floor."
We make it to the fourth floor, where the hall is completely destroyed small flames from Jordan scatter the area, making my anxiety level. Scott notices this, and takes my small hand in his squeezing it tightly in reassurance. We turn a corner to see a ball of fire being thrown at a wall. The fire goes out to reveal Jordan, ashes covering him, with long claw marks running down his chest. I go to run towards him, but Scott holds me back as Jordan's flame colored eyes remain locked in staring straight ahead. Finally they fade from the strong fire color, back to the warm green color they usually are, but his gaze remains straight ahead. Scott finally lets me go, and I run over to Jordan, squatting down in front of him. I put my hands on his warm shoulders, shaking them lightly. "Jordan." I say softly. When he doesn't snap out of it, I say it a bit louder,"Jordan!"
He finally responds looking at me in confusion,"Are you okay?"
He nods, pulling me close to him, calming me down,"I am now."
We stand by the observing table of the clinic, Deaton walking over to us, with a wary look in his eyes as he hold several polaroid pictures. "What I'm about to show you isn't supposed to exist." He begins to put down several disturbing pictures of patients at Eichen House that are mutated to look half animal. "This is the only surviving evidence of Dr. Valack's time as Chief Medical Officer at Eichen House. To call it human experimentation would be charitable." My eyes widen in shock when my eyes fall on a young girl screaming and holding her ears, a look of pain on her face. "A banshee. She died screaming."
Stiles frowns as he continues to look at the pictures as Deaton sets them down,"So, he drilled holes into their heads? All of them?"
Deaton nods,"That was the experimentation part. He did it to Werewolves, Banshees, Wendigos, any creature he could get his hands on. And Valack found that trepanation would initially heighten their powers but to levels that couldn't be contained. So he wants to make Lydia more powerful."
'Yeah except she's going to end up like them." I say motioning down to the horrible pictures, focussing on the other Banshee girl,
"Worse, actually. Lydia's abilities were already pretty exceptional to begin with. Putting a hole in her head would be like causing a leak in a nuclear reactor. She'll hear everything. Every death, every dying scream all at once. And Noelle, because you'll subconsciously connect with her, you'll hear everything too."
Stiles looks over at me in concern,"That's going to kill them."
"Not only that. Her own dying scream could be so powerful that it might kill everyone around her as well."
The next day, Stiles and I visit our dad at the station, he lets us inside his office and closes the door.
"I'm doing everything I can, but her mom is her legal guardian. She's the only person who can check her out of Eichen House." Our father tells us.
"Can't we get a court order or something?" Stiles asks.
Dad shakes his head,"Technically, trepanation is still considered a medical procedure. A judge would have to declare Natalie unfit, which isn't likely. It could all take months."
"Alright, so you're saying that there's nothing we can do." I state hopelessly.
"I'm saying there's nothing we can do... legally." He replies.
We then head to Scott's house to meet the others to formulate a plan to break Lydia out without alerting the guards and getting caught.
"We get into Eichen, get into the Closed Unit, we get Lydia, get out," Stiles says to us.
"And we have to do all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electronic door locks, and a mountain ash barrier." Scott adds.
Malia raised her eyebrows in surprise, as both Kira and Liam have looks of doubt,"You have a plan for all of that?"
Stiles picks up a keycard,"I stole this from an orderly last night, but it's useless. They reset the codes each night."
"Then why did you take it then?" Kira asks.
Stiles nods,"I'm getting to that."
"The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again."  I tell them.
Liam frowns in confusion,"How are you going to do that?"
"We're getting to that, just listen. I pulled all the history of the key card. Two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code. So if we trigger the reboot. The card goes back to default." I explain to them.
"How are we going to cause a brownout?" Kira asks.
"That's where you come in. You're going to draw power from the main line, but only enough to cause a brownout." Scott says to Kira.
Stiles nods and adds,"Not a blackout. Do that and we sent Eichen into a lockdown, and that would be bad. Very very bad."
"There's an electrical room behind the reception counter. The main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen," I tell Kira.
"Okay, slight problem. I don't know how to do that." Kira says nervously.
Scott nods,"That's okay. You have time to practice."
"Let's say all of this goes perfectly. How does a brownout get us into the Closed Unit of Eichen?" Malia asks.
"The system takes five minutes to reboot. In that five minutes all the alarms will be turned off, and the key card should work." Stiles explains.
Scott looks over at Liam,"Liam, you and I get Stiles and Noelle to the gate of the Closed Unit. But after that, they're on their own. We can't get passed to Mountain Ash barrier. And when we're gone, all anyone's going to think is that there was a reboot of the security system caused by a brownout."
"Uh, any questions?" Stiles asks.
"How do we get into Eichen House in the first place?"
"What's our worst case scenario?"
"What if I can't do it?"
I nod,"Okay, a lot could definitely go wrong, but if we don't do this, we will lose Lydia. She's gonna die in there tonight. And she might take a lot of innocent people with her.
Stiles and I slide keys to a morgue van to Jordan as we explain to him the plan we have to break Lydia out of Eichen House.
He down at the keys then back up at us,"That's the worst plan I've ever heard."
Stiles shakes his head, sliding the keys back to Jordan,,"Okay, the plan is perfect, and it'll work perfectly, especially if  you agree to drive the van."
Jordan lets out a sigh,"Is the Sheriff on board with this?"
"How do you think we got the keys?" Stiles asks.
"I thought you stole them."
"Despite popular belief, we actually didn't steal them this time. And we need you because all of the Eichen guards know all of the Sheriff's deputies. J, we need a real deputy." I tell him.
He only looks at me when he replies,"It's not safe to bring me along. I'm dangerous."
I reach through the window and put my hand on his, looking right into his forest green eyes,"You're not dangerous."
Stiles lets out a groan of annoyance from our sudden intimacy,"And may I remind you, so is the giant murdering werewolf that's killed over 30 people, but somehow didn't kill you."
I spend the rest of the day until we leave with Jordan, prepping him for tonight, and trying to reassure him that I'd be alright. We meet at the station, our plan going into motion. I help Scott, Stiles and Liam into their body bags, and into the van, as this was our plan to get into Eichen. I get into my black body bag next, as a wave of uneasiness washes over me, what if our plan doesn't work? I push that thought away as Jordan walks over to me to help me zip it up, and I can immediately tell that he is nervous about this plan too.
"Promise that you'll be safe and do everything you can to not end up in one of these for real." he tells me hands on either side of me.
I smile at him reassuringly,"I promise. I love you, you know that right."
"I love you too," he says with a smile on his face. He presses his lips to mine briefly, before zipping up the body bag, and setting me in the truck lightly.
After making it into the morgue, I manage to unzip myself from the body bag and finally take a breath of fresh air. I look around at the three guys around me just getting out from their own body bags.
"Never again," Stiles says glaring at the actual body in a body bag on the ground.
Scott looks at his phone then back up at us,"15 minutes starting now."
Stiles gets off the counter, falling to the ground. Once Scott knows it's clear, we exit the morgue heading into the hallway. We head to the door we need to go to, Stiles leading the way because he has visited Lydia before, only to see guards in front of it. Stiles pull me back behind the corner. 
"What are they doing here?" Scott whispers.
Stile shrugs,"I have no idea. Their rounds should've ended five minutes ago."
"I can take them." Liam tells us.
I shake my head,"No one's taking anyone...How much time?"
Scott pulls out his phone and lets out a sigh,"Three minutes."
"I'll just knock them out and hide the bodies." Liam suggests.
Stiles glares at him,"Oh, my God, please stop."
Suddenly I hear banging on glass and see this patient slam his hands against the window, the last thing we need. "Did you take the doctor. I haven't had my medication. I need ten milligrams at 8:00 AM, 15 milligrams at 1:00PM and no more that 20 at dinner... Dr. Fenris.. They took Dr. Fenris." The strange inmate shouts, attracting the attention of the two attendings.
"Somebody shut him up." Stiles whispers.
Scott flashes his eyes and growls at him, causing him to back away, which makes the attendings walk away, finally finishing their rounds, so we head to the door. The electricity flashes, telling us that we are good to go.
I look down at the door,"Where's the card reader?"
Stiles shrugs,"It should be here.. It has to be here."
"They must have taken it out when the Dread Doctors got through." Scott suggests.
I let out a sigh,"I did not ride in here in a body bag and get all the way down here to not be able to get through the door, we need to find a way."
"We don't need a key, we can break it down." Liam tell us, before Scott and Stiles grab the door.
After trying, they let go,"We can't, the mountain ash." Scott tells us.
Liam lets out a sigh,"Hit me... I'll get angry, and then I'll get stronger." Scott looks at Liam like he's crazy, so Liam continues,"I tried to take your powers. I tried to kill you. Hit me. I wanted you dead."
Scott glares at him, and punches him in the face, and continues to do it, Liam urging him to continues, Stiles telling him to hit harder. With one final punch, Scott and Liam manage to break the door off it's hinges. Stiles and I get into the area where Lydia is, seeing that they already had drilled into her head, her face pale, and large bags under eyes,"Stiles? Noelle? You can't be here. You're going to die if you stay.. All of you." Stiles begins to take off her restraints,"You guys need to go."
"We're not leaving you." Stiles tells her.
"Stiles go... please." she begs, desperation filling her eyes.
I manage to drag Stiles out just in time so Dr. Valack doesn't see us. We listen to their conversation, them something sticks out to us. "Someone's coming, and it's not Scott."
I turn around and see Theo and his pack standing behind us. The Doctor walks out, and Tracy shoves him against the wall, "I can't believe this is actually a medical establishment."
"Now what would a pack of Chimeras want with a Banshee?"
Theo shakes his head," I don't want a Banshee. I'm looking for a Hellhound."
My heart drops when I hear that, followed by a loud growl that I know is Jordan. I get away from Stiles and run out where everyone can see me. I watch as Jordan pulls off the door, leaving it a dark orange color from the heat of Jordan's claws.
"You wanted a Hellhound. As long as she's here, you've got one," Dr. Valack says, pointing to me.
Jordan slowly walks over to us, Theo smirks and grabs me, pulling me flush against him, his claws on my neck, causing Jordan to slow down, but not stop. I gasp as Theo's claws begin to dig into my neck, drawing blood. "Take him," Theo tells his pack.
They each go after him, one by one, Jordan takes him down with ears.
I shout to Stiles," Valack's got Lydia, Stiles! Go get her."
Theo throws me to the ground, and picks up a metal pipe, and throws it at Jordan. It flies into his chest sending him falling to his knees. I watch in horror as the orange in his eyes fades back into his usual green
"Jordan!" I scream as tears fill in my eyes.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey guys!! It's good to be back! I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update, I sometimes just need a break so I can produce the best content I can. I thank you all for you support and thank you so much for getting me to 20k views! I never thought I would get anywhere near that when I started. Regardless of that, I came to this app to express my writing ability, and I thank you guys for following me in my journey to becoming a better writer. I'm sorry I didn't update last night, I was busy mourning the ending of teen wolf! This show has changed my life and caused me to make friends and do things I never thought I would! Keep it up and show your support by commenting and voting, I always look at every comment and I enjoy any constructive feedback to make me a better writer!
-S