Chapter 13

I got into my jeep dressed in some skinny jeans, a black cropped off both shoulders long sleeve, and some heeled boots

I got into my jeep dressed in some skinny jeans, a black cropped off both shoulders long sleeve, and some heeled boots. I started my car and headed to the station. Everything had been great these last six months, and it was now the night before the beginning of my senior year. I have been going to the station at least three times a week to keep Jordan company, because lately my Dad's had him on desk duty, and I can tell it's affecting him. Jordan's not a person who can handle sitting around, not being able to go out and help people. We still haven't found what he is, and I can tell that is also taking a toll on him. But us together, we've never been better, and I feel myself loving him more and more everyday.
I walk inside the busy office, phones ringing on and off , and lights flickering, because of the storm raging outside.
"Yes, ma'am we're having trouble with the power as well. It's most likely related to the storm," I head Jordan explain, as I round the corner to see him on the phone. He hangs up, and I walk over with a smile on my face,"Hey El." He says, a smile growing on his face as I walk over and press my lips to his.
"Parrish!" My Dad calls to him, causing Jordan to pull away and look at him. "Check the backup generator and make sure it's fueled. And Parrish...answer the phone."
Jordan lets out a sigh, letting his head hand low. I grab his hands,"Just go talk to him, babe. He may be my Dad, but you are too good of a deputy to be sitting in here answering the phone. You deserve to be out there just as much as every other deputy, if not more, and he'd better have a damn good reason for keeping you in here." I tell him when his eyes look up to meet mine.
A small smile grows on his face,"Thanks El."
I smile back at him,"It's what I do, now get in there and tell him how you feel."
He nods and walks over to my Dad's office, with a brave look on his face. I think my Dad is scared that Jordan is some kind of supernatural creature, but I don't think he realizes what effect it has on Jordan. I try talking to my Dad about it, but he always tells me that it's none of my concern.
Not long after that I see Jordan walk out of the office with a piece of paper in his hands, with a very annoyed look on his face.
I let out a sigh as he walks up to me,"What did he give you?" I ask.
"A noise complaint," he says sighing. He looks up from the paper, a look of disdain crossing his features as he looks up at me. "I just don't know what I did,"he tells me, his voice filled with confusion.
I pull him into a hug in an attempt to comfort him,"I don't know either babe." I reply as he wraps his arms around me, laying his head in the crook of my neck.
I then pull away smiling,"Well let's go check out this noise complaint then." I suggest with a smile.
He shakes his head,"I will, you can stay here. I don't think it's allowed."
I roll my eyes,"This is the most exciting thing you've gotten to do since Liam ran around naked on the last full moon, of course I'm coming." I argue stubbornly.
"Fine, but you're waiting in the car," he replies, giving in, causing me to grin in victory.
He walks out of the police station, and we get into the cruiser, and starts to drive to the place. He soon pulls in front of this huge, white, abandoned mansion.
I frown in confusion,"I don't think there's anyone here to make a noise complaint."
"I don't think so either, but I have to check it out, I'll be back soon. Stay in the truck... Oh and lock the doors." he tells me before pecking me on the lips.
"I'll be fine, you're the one I'm worried about. Be safe," I tell him.
He nods,"I will, love you."
"I love you too," I say with a smile.
He then gets out of the car, closing the door behind him. I lock the doors, like he told me to, and watch him as he walks up the leaf covered steps, and enters the house with a flashlight in his hand, soon disappearing out of my view. I let out a sigh even though he's great at his job, it still makes me nervous every time he leaves. But I'm sure this is how he felt when he heard my message that I went to Mexico to help save Scott and Kira. After dying and coming back, I seemed to have better relationships with everyone I care about, especially Jordan. But I just keep waiting for the side effects of dying, that Allison told me about, to begin.
I look up and see Jordan run out of the house and grab something out of the back. Confused, I roll down the window,"What's going on? Is everything ok?"
He moves to stand in front of me,"Everything's fine, please just stay in the car, Noelle." He begs, his voice sounding frantic, telling me that he's lying about everything being fine. But I listen to him as I watch him run back into the house. I know he worries about me, and the last thing he needs when working is to have to put me over whatever he has to do.
All of a sudden, I feel myself being connected with someone, I squeeze my eyes shut, before opening them again, finding myself in a dark, musty smelling room of the mansion with Jordan.
"Back up if you can!" He yells to the wall before hitting it with the tool he grabbed from the truck, moments ago.
He hits it hard twice, not really making a considerable dent in the wall. He goes to hit it a third time, but stops. I look over and see a black liquid spill out of the small dent in the brick wall. Jordan leans closer to it, some of it splatters on his face, and he is quick to wipe it off. Suddenly this arm breaks through the wall, grabs Jordan's neck, lifting him off the ground with ease, as Jordan groans in pain.
"Jordan!" I yell, even though I know he won't hear me.
This black liquid covered werewolf breaks the rest of the way out of the wall, he has bright blue eyes and claws that were longer than Scott's. He then shoves his claws into Jordan's stomach causing him to cry out in pain.
"Please stop!" I yell as I feel pain in the side of my own stomach.
Jordan clenches his teeth and the claws suddenly glow blue as he burrows them deeper. Jordan's eyes flash a orange like a fire, which I've never seen happen before. As quick as it came, it goes away, his eyes returning to their usual green color. The thing growls as it's eyes then flash the same color that Jordan's did.
"Not a werewolf, but you're something," the thing says to him before dropping him on the ground. Jordan bravely turns to face the thing, glaring at him. "Now, you're no ordinary creature, Deputy. But then, neither am I. Not tonight," the thing says while holding up his blue glowing claws. "I'll let you live if you answer one question. Where's Scott McCall?"
"I've never heard of him,"Jordan lies causing the thing to raise his claws with a growl before sending his claws deep into Jordan's chest, as tears fill in my eyes.
My eyes snap open and I'm back in Jordan's police pickup, breathing heavily, and my heart pounding wildly. I look out the window and see the thing that attacked Jordan walking out, so I  duck down so he doesn't see me. I wait for a good few minutes before getting up and looking around. When I don't see him anymore, I quickly open the door and get out, as rain pours down on me. I get out quickly and  run towards the door, then inside.
"Jordan!" I yell, trying to find where he was.
"Down here!" I hear him yell back weakly.
I follow his voice and sprint down these stairs, to see him leaned up against a shelf, shirt ripped open, his wounds bleeding... and smoking, which was something very strange.
I drop to my knees in front of him with tears in my eyes. "Noelle?" He asks weakly.
"I'm here, stay with me," I say pressing a hand to his chest, trying to slow the blood flow.
"I thought I told you to stay in the truck," he says weakly.
"I saw what happened," I say with tears in my eyes.
"I'm alright, do you think you can call 911," he says weakly, keeping firm pressure on his chest.
I nod and grab my phone and check how much reception I have, and I groan in annoyance when I see there is no signal. "I can't, the storm must have taken out the cell towers out." I tell him.
He nods and presses on his radio button,"Dispatch, officer.." he pauses groaning in pain. "Officer down."
Instead of a response, like he'd usually get, the only sound coming out of the radio is static, most likely also because of the storm.
"Noelle, take my truck, go find some help," he tells me, breathing heavily.
I shake my head,"I'm not leaving you, not like this."
"Parrish?" I hear my Dad yell.
"Dad, in here!" I yell back.
I turn back to Jordan to see his eyes start to close,"Stay with me." I tell him frantically as my Dad runs over to us. But my pleas don't help, as soon his eyes drop closed. "Jordan? Dad we have to take him to Melissa," I tell him with tears in my eyes.
He nods and we help him up, I wrap one of his arms around my shoulder, and my Dad gets the other, and we drag him up the stairs and out of the house. I lead him to Jordan's pickup and open the door, my Dad putting him in the passenger seat that I was in not long ago. "I'll meet you at the hospital!" I tell him before getting in the pickup and starting it, before driving to the hospital.
- "Ok, easy, easy," My Dad says as the three of us lay Jordan on the operating table.
"You said you were going to keep him on desk duty," Melissa says.
"Are you kidding me? You put him on desk duty because he's something supernatural? Do you even know how awful that is for him, getting stuck on desk duty and not knowing why," I snap at my Dad.
"We'll talk about this later," he tells me before turning to Melissa. "It was just a minor noise complaint."
"He's not on fire, is he?" She asks.
"Not that I know of," he replies frowning, as I grip onto Jordan's hand tightly.
"You know, maybe it's part of his healing process," Melissa suggests.
Suddenly Jordan sits up quickly, and I jump in shock, letting go of his hand. He stands up and turns around, his wounds now almost completely healed, and his eyes glowing orange again. I see my Dad raise his gun at him, so I move in front of Jordan, wrapping one around around his waist. "Dad, stop. What are you doing?"
"It's ok, it's ok," Melissa tells him, pulling his arm down.
I turn around and look up at him, seeing his eye color change back to green again. I let out a sigh of relief and wrap my arms around him, he quickly responds doing the same.
"You alright Deputy?" Melissa asks.
He looks down at me, then back up at Melissa,"Scott. We need to find Scott."
We pull away, and Jordan leans on the table,"His claws were different. Twice the size of Scott's. More like talons." He explains.
"If that's the worst part, that doesn't sound too bad," Melissa says nervously.
"It's worse, they did something to me. I don't know how to describe it other than it felt as if the life was being drawn out of me through them, through the claws," Jordan explains.
"When I connected to you, I saw the guy had bright blue eyes, but when he stuck his claws inside of you, they turned orange like yours do. It seemed like he was taking your powers or something." I tell him.
"And now he's looking for Scott?" Melissa asks.
"Which got me thinking about what this guy can do. The rule is you have to kill an Alpha to steal their power, right?" Jordan asks.
"But it's different for Scott," Melissa starts.
"You can't steal a True Alpha's power." My Dad explains to him.
"I think this guy can," Jordan replies, frowning.
Just then my phone rings, the phone tower must be fixed. I pull it out and answer it,"Hello?"
"Noelle, where are you? It's a half out until midnight. And have you seen Scott and Kira?" Stiles asks.
"I know, I'm leaving soon. I got a little held up, we've got a problem... Wait did you say you don't know where Scott and Kira are?" I ask.
"Yeah, you haven't seen them have you?" Stiles asks.
"Stiles, you need to find them. Someone's coming after Scott," I tell him before hanging up.
I turn to the three,"Dad, can you take me to the school?" I ask.
"I can bring you, if you want." Jordan suggests.
I nod,"Ok, thank you."
We sneak out of the hospital the back way so nobody sees Jordan, and his now healed wounds. We get into his truck and he quickly brings me to the school, parking in front. He looks around at all of the people coming inside, he frowns in confusion,"What's going on here?"
"Senior scribe, we all write our initials on this hidden shelf in the library, it's a tradition. But you can't tell anyone because we aren't really supposed to," I explain to him.
He shoots me a smile,"Your secrets safe with me." His face then turns serious,"Please be safe out there with that guy running around. If he almost killed me, I don't even want to know what he'd do to you. I've never told you this before, but when you died, that was the worst day of my life... Knowing you were gone, and you weren't coming back, it broke my heart. I don't think I could have went on without you. So please, promise me you'll be more careful."
I nod taking his face in my hands,"I promise, same goes for you." I say before kissing him lightly. "I'd better get going, I love you."
He smiles as our foreheads rest against each other,"I love you too."
I slowly pull away and hesitantly get out of the car feeling the rain start to poor down on me. I see Stiles, Malia, and Liam running down towards the bridge thing for cars, so I follow them, already drenched from the rain. I see Scott down on the ground, with the man from earlier standing above him, claws deep in his chest. Kira and this werewolf I've never seen before stand a few feet away, as I stand beside the other three, watching hopelessly as Scott gets taken down. But then Scott's eyes glow red and he grabs the mans arm twisting it away, then pulling the no longer glowing claws out of his chest. "I don't know who you are or what you thought you were going to do, but I'll give you a choice. You can stay and I'll break something else, or you can run," Scott tells the man, still all wolfed out.
The man looks back at all of us,"I'd run." Stiles suggests. The man doesn't hesitate, he growls, then leaves, heading back out into the rain.
We all walk towards each other, coming together in a circle before turning to look at the other werewolf, who was pretty attractive, not as attractive as Jordan of course.
He smiles at us, walking closer,"You don't remember me, do you?" He asks. His stands right in front of us and continues,"I guess I look a little different since the fourth grade."
My eyebrows raise, Theo, I used to play soccer with him at recess.
"Theo?" Scott asks.
He nods shooting us another smile. "You know him?" Malia asks from behind me.
"They used to. Trust me, I never thought I'd see you guys again. A couple months ago, I heard of an Alpha in Beacon Hills. When I found out his name was Scott McCall, I just couldn't believe it. Not just an Alpha, but a True Alpha." Theo tells us.
"What do you want?" I ask.
"I came back to Beacon Hills. Back home with my family. Because I want to be a part of your pack," he tells us, but I can just feel that something's off about him, like he's not telling us the truth.
After he leaves, we head inside,"We haven't seen this kid in years. You don't find that highly suspicious?" Stiles asks Scott as the three of us walk side by side, Malia and Kira behind us.
"I definitely do, it's weird. I'm not saying we should ice him out altogether, but we need to keep an eye on him." I suggest.
"I'm kind of more concerned about the guy who just tried to kill me. " Scott replies.
I look back and see Malia looking on her phone, and we look back curiously. She looks up and smiles,"I'm in! I passed." She announces happily. Stiles pulls her into a hug as the rest of us smile at her happily. When Stiles pulls away, Kira and I pull her into side hugs.
"Thank God. Where have you guys been? The whole senior class is here," Lydia says walking up to us. "Are we doing this or not?"
We smile at her, and I wrap an arm over her shoulder as we all walk towards the library and get in line. Stiles goes first, then Lydia, Kira, Malia, then I go writing NS boldly by the others, thinking how surreal it was that not long ago, we were just starting high school, and now it's our last year. Scott goes last. He writes his initials, then pauses a sad look growing before writing Allison's initials beside his, as the rest of us stand by watching. He then passes the marker before joining us. "She would have been with us," Stiles says sadly.
"Yeah," Scott agrees.
"She still is," Lydia says smiling.
I smile as well,"She's watching over us and keeping us safe."

*****************************************
Season 5, this is crazy!! I'm so excited and I have big plans for the future. I think I will also be doing both parts of season 5 in this book, then I will do a separate book for season 6! Expect a lot more Joelle in the future, yes I came up with a ship name... As always, please comment and vote, show your support, thank you!!
-S