Chapter 40

My eyes dart back and forth as I watch Scott vault the vault door to the Argent bunker, while looking out for any Ghost Riders

My eyes dart back and forth as I watch Scott vault the vault door to the Argent bunker, while looking out for any Ghost Riders. As the only people left in Beacon Hills, we couldn't risk anyone getting taken. If we aren't taken, then the Ghost Riders can't move on, and Lydia won't be left all alone here, destined to become just like Lenore. We were down here on a mission, we were going to remember Stiles, we had to remember everything, and Lydia had an idea of what we were going to do.
I turn my head to see Lydia running down the hall towards us,"The tunnel gate is locked."
Scott lets the two of us into the bunker, following behind us, locking the door. Malia turns to us,"Do you think that will keep them out."
I shake my head,"Definitely not."
Malia looks at us in bewilderment,"You guy aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?"
The three of us shrug our shoulders and turn our attention to Jordan's cold chamber. I walk slowly up to the machine, looking up and down at the different knobs and wires. I turn to the three standing behind me,"Yeah I have no clue how to work this thing."
"How cold is this thing?" Scott asks.
"Cold enough for a Hellhound. It's not the same as the ice bath you gave Isaac but, it can lower your core temperature past... anything a human can survive." Lydia replies.
Malia frowns in confusion,"So what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?"
"It will slow your heart rate, and put you in a trance-like state, kind of like hypnosis. It's hypnotic regression. If we can figure out how to work it."
Malia looks down and points to a green start button, a red stop button right below it. "This says start, so, maybe it's not that complicated."
Scott's gaze runs up and down the side of the machine, it having many tubes and dials. "It's complicated."
"So, optimistically, how much time do you thing we need to do this?" Malia asks.
"As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us," Scott replies, looking around the room cautiously. He pulls the lever, opening the chamber, I look the thing up and down warily.
Scott pulls off his shirt as I press the on button, sending burst of cold air flowing from the machine.
I look at him in concern,"Just remember, if you need to get out, just let us know, don't strain yourself. You ready?"
He gives me a nod of reassurement before stepping into the chamber, goosebumps immediately raising on his skin.
Lydia shuts the door and pulls another lever, sending more cold air at Scott. "Remember, this will get cold enough to kill you. So if something feels wrong or like, it's not working..."
"It's going to work," Scott interrupts confidently reassuring both himself and us.
I let out a sigh,"I hope you're not saying that because you think I know what I'm doing."
"I'm saying that because I know that you can figure it out," he replies.
With that, I reach down and turn all of the dial to the coldest settings, if anyone can do it, it's Scott McCall.
Clouds of cold air surround Scott as he wraps his arms around himself,"Oh, okay.. Yeah, that's cold. It's really cold."
Malia turns to us,"So what are we supposed to do? Talk to him? Help him remember? Wait until he turns into a werewolf freezy pop?"
Lydia shakes her head,"We need to guid him. Keep him focused."
"Scott, you have to think about him. Concentrate on Stiles. Try to picture him in your head, think about what he looks like. Think about the things he said." I call out, he nods in reply, continuing to wince from the cold.
Malia breaks her gaze from the cold chamber, eyebrows furrowed in worry,"I don't like this. Something's wrong."
Lydia shakes her head,"Wait. Give it a few more seconds."
Scott cries out loudly pressing a hand against the glass, causing me to jump slightly,"Lydia we have to get him out of there, he's dying."
Malia reaches forward to pull the levers, to shut off the machine, but Lydia is quick to grab her hand,"Wait!"
I chew my bottom lip nervously as I watch Scott continue to struggle. Then just as I'm about to reach for the lever myself, he takes his hand from the glass and straightens up, his cries of pain stopping. He lifts his head revealing his bright crimson eyes glowing through the cloud of
"Scott? Can you hear me?" Lydia calls out
My vision blurs slightly as I feel myself being pulled into Scott's memories with him, Lydia's voice calling out to me echoing through my ears. When I open my eyes again, I find myself in Scott's house. I follow Scott as he slowly ascends up the stairs toward his room.
"Scott don't fall asleep! You have to keep your eyes open!" I hear Lydia shout so loudly that there's a dull ache in my head.
"You kissed her, Scott. You kissed Lydia." I hear a familiar male voice say, as I follow Scott down the hallway.
"Stiles please let me out." I hear Scott's voice beg from the other side of the door.
I let out a gasp as I see a figure sitting outside of Scott's room. It was Stiles supporting a buzz cut, dressing in a jacket with a flannel peeking out. Beside him was me, my hair was much shorter then, barely reaching my shoulders.
"You know I wouldn't do any of this on purpose. It's the full moon, it's killing me. I feel completely hopeless. Just please, let me out." I hear younger Scott beg from the other side of the door, desperation dripping from his voice.
Stiles lifts his head from in between his legs, sadness and guilt filling his hazel eyes as younger me lays her head on his shoulder. Younger Scott's screams fill the room, echoing down the hall, and soon it's all I can hear. I bring my hands to my ears as it seems that they only get louder. I let out a cry as I wrap my arms around myself as I notice just how cold I am, so cold it stings every part of my body.