Chapter 12

"You are not going to Mexico," Dad says as he closes the door to his office

"You are not going to Mexico," Dad says as he closes the door to his office. I stand there with Stiles all ready to go, dressed in some grey skinny jeans, black crop top, army green jacket, and heeled lace-up boots.
"Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico, okay. I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico," Stiles argues.
"Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this, the best thing to do is go through the proper channels-"
"Dad.." I interrupt
"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."
"Dad, we can't just wait for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government agencies. Okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them and rescue them. We're going" I argue.
"I can keep you from going," our Dad threatens.
"We'd find a way," Stiles replies.
"I can throw you in a cell."
"We'd still find a way," I retaliate.
He lets out a sigh,"Guys, please. Look, just give me a little more time to verify something a little more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye... Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book three flights to Mexico. We'll all go. Okay?"
"Okay, okay, great. Do I get a gun?" Stiles asks.
"No." He replies before walking out.
"We're still going anyway, right?" I ask.
"Hell yeah," he replies.
I get in my jeep and drive to the Argent Warehouse, while Stiles meets Malia at Scott's house, trying to get his scent. I sit parked outside waiting for someone to let me inside. In the meantime, I decided to call Jordan and let him know what I'm doing, but after the third time of him not answering, I decided to leave him a message.
"Hey Jordan, Scott and Kira were taken by Kate, so we're going to Mexico to get them back. If you wouldn't tell my Dad, that would be great. I'm calling because the night before our date, Lydia went to Derek's loft and screamed when she saw him, then when I touched her she screamed again. And well, a banshee's scream signals death, so...there's a chance I might not come back.. and I wanted to be able to say goodbye, just in case. So goodbye, Jordan, I loved every moment I had with you. Most of all, I want you to know I-" that's all I got out until the phone beeped signaling that I had reached the limit. I let out a sigh, I tried calling him again, but my phone died. Of course, the one time I need it. I sigh and get out of my jeep, that will have to do. I saw the big garage door open so I walked inside and say a large black van pulling up, that must be for Liam, seeing tonight is the full moon.
I walk up, next to Stiles and Malia as we watch Braeden hop out of the van. "How did you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asks.
"I'm a U.S. Marshal," she replies walking up to us.
"Yeah, I just always thought that was a cover," I reply in confusion.
Then Derek and Peter pull up in a pickup, getting out after parking. "Are we really bringing him?" Derek asks, gesturing to Liam, who was now standing beside us.
"Are we really bringing him?" I retort pointing to Peter.
"We're brining everyone we can. And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going," Peter says as I glare at him.
"What's that mean?" I ask.
"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not going to do the same thing to him?" Peter explains.
"What, she wants to make him younger?" Liam asks.
"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf," Derek tells us.
"A werewolf can't steal a true alpha's power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her, maybe she can." Peter explains. He looks around and continues,"So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going."
"We can't, not without Lydia," Stiles objects.
We stand by and wait as Stiles continues to call her. "What is she doing at the school anyway?" Derek asks.
"We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker." Kira explains.
"Nothing," Stiles says walking back to us.
"If she has a car, she can catch up to us." Braeden suggests.
"That's a good point. We'll call her from the road." Peter says.
"No, what if something happened? What if she's in trouble?" Stiles asks.
"Fine. You stay, you find her. We're gonna go on without her," Peter says before walking away.
"I could call Mason. He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her." Liam suggests.
"Stiles pauses for a second letting out a sigh,"Alright, fine."
I headed to the van where Liam, Stiles, Derek, and I would be so we can help Liam, seeing as the three of us have experience with new wolves.
"Remember what we're dealing with here. It's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume there's any humanity left." Peter tells us. He then looks over at Liam,"This little one is terrified of them, aren't you? Don't worry my friend, it's that fear that will keep you alive... A reminder to everyone. You do not fight Berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."
After Peter's weird speech, we get into our designated vehicles. When we get inside, Liam calls Mason and tells him to try and find Lydia to make sure she's ok.
We then handcuffed Liam to the bus. "All good?" Derek asks as he cuffs the handcuff.
Liam pulled up the cuffs as hard as he could, not getting out. "I brought something to help you." Derek says to Liam before pulling out the triskelion. "This has been with my family for centuries. It's a very powerful, supernatural talisman. We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon," He explains before handing Liam the thing. He then looks over at Stiles, nodding his head, as a way of telling Stiles to say something. We all knew that it wasn't powerful at all, but we needed him to believe it.
Stiles nods and clears his throat,"Yes, it's powerful... very powerful."
It was soon nightfall, where it would effect Liam the most. It was all going pretty smoothly until Liam suddenly jerked in the chains, his facial features slowly changing wolf like, his claws growing as he gripped the triskelion.
"Whatever you were going to teach me... I think you better start," Liam says breathing heavily as he looks up at us with his golden eyes shining.
"Liam, you with me? We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it, you focus on the words. It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you."
"Okay, okay, okay. What are the words?" Liam asks, panting and sweating.
"Ok, look at the triskelion. See the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back, it's the same thing. Each spiral means something."
"Alpha, Beta, Omega." I explain.
"It represents the idea that we can always rise to one, and fall back to another. Betas can become Alphas."
"Alphas can become Betas," Stiles adds.
"Can Alphas become Omegas?" Liam asks.
Derek nods in response,"All you have to do is say the three words. And with each one, you tell yourself you're getting calmer, more in control. Go ahead." Derek explains.
"Alpha, beta-"
"Slower," Derek interrupts causing Liam to slow down his pace. "Good, say it again. Remember, every time you say the words, you're getting calmer."
This time when he says it, he starts growling along with it.
"Say it again."
"Derek, I don't think the powerful talisman of self control is working," I say nervously, backing up.
Liam lurches forward with such a force that he moves the van, as we call his name. He breaks out of his restraints and lunges at Derek, who holds Liam away.
"Derek?" I head Braeden say.
"I think we're gonna need to go a little faster," Stiles calls to her nervously.
"Keep going!" Derek yells at her, holding a claw away from his face.
"We're almost there!" Braeden yells.
"Derek, I don't think Alpha, Beta, Omega is resonating with him," I shout as Liam continues to lunge at Derek.
"Do either of you know any other mantras!" Derek shouts back.
"Yeah, I do. Liam, Liam. What three things cannot long be hidden?" Stiles asks.
Liam doesn't listen and continues to try and attack Derek. "Liam! Look at me. What are three things that cannot long be hidden?" Stiles shouts forcefully.
"What three things?" I ask.
"The sun... the moon... the truth," Liam struggles to say, but seems to begin to calm down.
"That's it. Say it again," I instruct.
"The sun, the moon... and the truth," Liam says sitting back down in his spot, less wolf like.
"Derek?" Braeden calls.
"We're ok," He replies, breathing heavily.
"The sun, the moon, and the truth," Liam says one last time turning completely back to normal.
I lean my head back against the truck, letting out a sigh of relief. Minutes later, the truck halted to a complete stop.
"I can't believe I did it," Liam says happily, still breathing pretty heavily. "For a minute there, I thought I was gonna tear the three of you apart."
"Yeah. That would've made for an awkward ride home. So, thanks " Stiles says awkwardly.
"Think you can bring the same level of control and strength inside La Iglesia?" Derek asks.
Liam nods and flicks out his claws confidently. "Alright, we might actually be able to do this," I say breathing out a sigh of relief.
Derek nods and goes and opens the doors of the truck, only to be grabbed and pulled away by a Berserker, I could hear it's low growl as it threw Derek to the ground.
"Derek!" I yell.
I could hear a struggle outside, but Stiles held me back, not letting me go after him. I could hear a struggle going on as they disappeared from my view. Seconds later Braeden came around the truck, firing bullets at the Berserker as Stiles lets me go. I climb out of the van, along with Liam and Stiles to see the Berserker stab Derek as Braeden continues to fire bullets at it. It turns around to look at her, before walking away slowly. I run over to Derek, Braedon and I crouching down next to him, as everyone else just stood there in shock. There was so much blood on his abdomen, and there was a bit coming from his mouth, which didn't mean anything good. He pants loudly as the blood in his mouth leaves a coat of it on his teeth.
"How bad is it?" I hear Peter asks, sounding actually concerned.
"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just get to Scott." He says panting loudly. No one moves, so he continues,"Just find him. We'll be right behind me. Go. Go!"
Everyone else runs, but Stiles stands there continuing to stare at us,"Stiles, we'll be fine. Just go."
He nods and gives me one last look as if telling me to be careful, I give him a reassuring nod, and that convinces him enough gas he runs going to catch up with the others.
My heart drops when he does, that may be the last time I see him. If Lydia was right about Derek, seeing as it looked as if he didn't have much longer, then she is probably right about me. I was going to die, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.
I turn and look at Derek, who was breathing heavily in pain,"Lydia was right." He says while giving me a look.
"Can you still hold a gun?" Braeden asks him.
"Yeah," he replies, so she hands him a gun, also handing me one.
"You should have one too," She say as I hold it in my hand, a shiver runs through me as I grip the cold gun with both hands, a foreign feeling to me.
"But I've never used one before," I say nervously.
"Just point and shoot, you'll be fine..." She then hears a noise, turning back around, then back to us. "Stay with him," she tells me. I nod in response and she goes to find what the noise was.
"Stay with me," I say to him.
"It's a mortal wound. And right now, I'm feeling pretty mortal," he says to me weakly.
"I'm not gonna let you die, and I know Braedon won't either." I say to him.
"Yeah, you two might just have to concentrate on saving yourselves." he replied, still breathing quite heavily. We watch Braeden as she looks around a corner, I hear a low growl, telling me the berserker is back. My heart pounds wildly as I watch Braeden prepare herself, cocking her shotgun. She stands up, and begins shooting, and soon I can see the berserker and Kate run at her. Her shotgun runs out so she pulls out two hand guns and starts firing, making me wonder just how many guns she has with her. The berserker shoves the gun out of her hands and picks her up by her neck. I go to help her, but Derek grabs my arm, stopping me,"Don't, she'll be fine."
My heart pounds as I watch the whole scene unfold. "How much did they pay you?" Kate asks, her were-jaguar features prominent.
"Way more that you're worth," Braeden replies with a grunt.
Suddenly a few cars pull up, and these people get out and begin firing at Kate and the berserker, talking in Spanish. These must be the Calaveras, the Mexican hunters that Stiles told me about. The berserker drops Braeden, and she runs over to us. I look over and see Jordan, in his truck, firing at Kate. Nerves rise in my chest, what if he gets hurt, I would feel so guilty. He doesn't seem to see me as he keeps his focus on Kate.
As a full out battle erupts from behind me, I try to keep my focus of Derek.
"Derek?" Braeden asks softly. Derek looks over at her and shoots her a weak smile, before letting his head turn back, his smile dropping and his eyes closing. I feel tears begin to fill in my eyes, we weren't the closest, but I can't believe he just died in front of me. It seems like just yesterday, he was helping Scott when Peter was the Alpha. "Derek?" Braeden asks again as tears fill in her eyes. She hold his limp head in her hands as the tears fall down her cheeks.
Braeden picks up her guns and walks closer to the action, angrily, while I stand up and hold the gun, watching Kate kill some of the Calaveras. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the berserker running towards me. I try to get away, but fail as he picks me up by my neck as I struggle to breathe. I hear someone yell my name as the gunshots start flying towards us, as they try to get the berserker away from me. Suddenly I feel this immense pain in my side unlike any pain I've felt before, a good ten times worse that being bit by Peter. The berserker drops me and I land on the ground with a thud, more pain running through me. I slowly pull my jacket away, scared to see the wound. I look down and there is a bullet sized hole one the side of my stomach, just below my rib cage, and I knew I probably wasn't going to make it much longer. I covered it back up knowing I wouldn't spend my last moment of my life laying here, I was going to go down fighting. I feel a burst of adrenaline run through me as I stand up, picking up my gun.
"Noelle are you ok?" I hear someone ask.
I look up and see Jordan running towards me, "Yeah I'm fine," I lie.
"I got your message, Noelle Derek may have died, but that doesn't mean you're going to. I'm not going to let that happen." He says firmly.
I wanted to tell him that there was nothing he could do, but I needed to stay strong, at least until Kate and her berserkers are stopped and Scott and Kira are saved. I nod and he grabs my hand pulling me over behind a car so he could shield us from Kate and the line of fire.
I stand beside him, holding the gun and firing at Kate and the Berserker as I feel the warmth and wetness of my blood fill my shirt. I clench my teeth focusing on shooting the gun, trying desperately to ignore the pain. Jordan then turns around, looking at Argent who is behind us,"They're not going down! Nothing's getting through that armor, and we're running out of ammo!" He yells to Argent. We turn around and continue to fire and with every slight kickback of the gun, I feel more blood pour out of me. My gun clicks, telling me that it's empty, so I drop it on the ground and lean up against the car watching the fight, Kate and the Berserker continue to kill the hunters.
"You're next, Araya," I hear Kate say to the older lady over the sound of gunshots. "I'm coming to kill you next."
"Come La Loba. Let me show you how the Calaveras die." The lady says confidently pulling out a taser sword of some kind. Kate growls at her, fangs and teeth bared, ready to attack, until the howl of a wolf rang over the sound of the loud gunshots. All the gunshots stop as everyone turns to see where the howl came from. Jordan keeps close to me, as we go forward to get a better look. My wound continues to persistently bleed and it's only a matter of time until I'm dead. I feel my body get weaker as it deteriorates, but I use every bit of energy I have to stay upright.
A black wolf runs over to the group from the shadows. I look over where Derek's body should be, but it's not there. A small smile grows on my face, this wolf has to be Derek. The wolf runs majestically over to Kate before pouncing on her. Overpowering her, he takes her to the ground and begins attacking her, as Kate lets out screams of pain. Eventually the wolf gets off of her, and Kate tries to crawl away as he watches. The wolf then turns to a man, a half naked Derek to be specific.
"You were... you were dead." Kate says shocked, and back to human form.
"No. I was evolving. Something you'll never do." he says to her.
The Berserker from earlier tries to attack Derek again, this time he grabs the thing by the face, pulling its mask of. This sends the rest of its body to dusk as he just holds up the damaged mask.
I look over and see Kate trying to get away, but from behind us, I hear a gun fire, hitting Kate, and sending her falling to the ground. She looks up at her brother gasping,"Chris?"
She gets up and runs away, Argent following close behind her, he looks in severe pain, and I wonder what happened. I let out a sigh of relief, it has to be over, I feel all the adrenaline leave me as the pain hits me full force. "Jordan," I whisper.
He turns around to me, a slightly happy look on his face, as he looks at me. I slowly pull hand away from my wound giving him a full view of the bullet wound and the large amount of blood coming out of my side. His small smile dropped, his face physically paling. "No," he whispers.
The pain becomes too much and my legs give out from under me, but Jordan is quick to catch me, holding me his lap. Tears form in my eyes again when I look up at him, the look on his face breaks my heart. I don't want to leave him, I don't want to leave my friends and family.
"You're gonna be ok," he tells me as he puts pressure on my wound, making me gasp lightly. He turns to the people around him,"Someone call 911, get a doctor, please, anything!" He shouts.
"Jordan... it's no use... just be here with me," I gasp out looking up at him.
"Please don't leave me," he begs looking down at me as tears roll down his face. "You told me you were ok."
"I lied. I'm sorry, I guess...Lydia was right," I gasp out as I taste metal in my mouth.
"Stay with me, baby. Keep your eyes open," he tells me frantically.
"Hey... Jordan, it's ok... I just want you to know-" I swallow some of the blood feeling some of it drip out of my mouth onto my lips. "I love you, Jordan Parrish," I finish weakly my breaths coming out in gasps as the pain becomes worse as I feel my eyelids begin to droop.
"I love you too, that's why you have to stay with me," he tells me as the tears continue to roll.
"T-tell my Dad and Stiles... that I love them, promise-promise me you will," I beg as tears roll down the side of my face as I feel myself losing the battle of staying awake.
"I promise," he tells me while stroking my cheek.
I smile weakly before letting my eyes shut, all pain going away as I drift into the darkness, the last thing I hear is,"I love you El."
Stiles POV
I walk out of the church feeling the sun on my skin, telling me we must have been in there for quite a while. But we won, we defeated Peter and got Scott and Kira back. But what I saw when I turned the corner shook me to the core. There was Jordan hugging my limp sister close to him as he cried. Her small body had blood all over it, and her skin pale and lifeless. I fell to my knees in shock as I felt someone wrap their arms around me.
"No, please no," I cry out as tears are quick to fall.
This pain I felt in my chest had only been felt one other time, when our mother died. This time it was worse, my sister, the only person I could tell everything to, the person I looked up to. My chest physically hurt as I continued to cry as Scott kept his arms around me. How can I even go on.
Then my phone rang and I pulled it out so I could decline it, but it was Dad. How could I even tell him his only daughter was gone.
"Hello?" I ask.
"Stiles? What's going on? Lydia just screamed Noelle's name, please tell me she's alright." He says nervously.
A sob escapes my mouth"Dad... Noelle's gone... I couldn't keep her safe... I-I should have been there. I should have protected her, I couldn't protect her."
I heard a sob come from the other end,"What do you mean? What happened?" he asks, causing my to cry even more.
"She's gone," I sob once again.
Jordan's POV
Broken. If I had to describe how I felt right now that would sum it up. The woman I love just died in my arms and there was nothing I could do about it. I missed her already, I miss her laugh, her contagious smile, her presence. I miss the way her beautiful brown eyes looked at me, and how deeply she cared about others. I miss how she always smells like vanilla, and how she brought light to every situation. I want her back.
The car ride back home was the longest and worst ride of my life. I drove my truck back to Beacon Hills with Scott and Stiles holding Noelle's body. Such a weird thing to think about. She should be a living breathing person, not the exterior of someone who used to be.
Noelle's POV
I open my eyes finding myself in a white room, on a very hard surface. "Noelle," I hear someone call my name. I look up and see Allison standing above me, her hair curled and still in the outfit she died in, but with no blood on it.
My eyes widen as I stand up,"Am I dead?" I ask.
She nods and pulls me into a hug, which was nice, I miss her. As she hugs me, it all comes back to me, getting shot, dying in Jordan's arms. She then pulls away from me,"But not for long, you can't die, not like this."
I frown in confusion,"How? As much as I'd like to, I'm dead and there's nothing I can do about it." I tell her sadly.
"You're a connector, you will connect to your pack and pull yourself back," she explain smiling, the smile I miss.
"But it that isn't fair, why couldn't you come back?" I ask with tears in my eyes.
She smiles putting a hand on my shoulder,"Because I'm not like you, and that's ok, I'm happy here with my mom. But you can't die, the pack needs you."
A few stray tears roll down my face,"But they need you too."
She shakes her head,"Not like they need you."
I let out a sigh,"Ok, how do I get back?" I ask knowing there's no wavering her opinion.
"Jordan Parrish, he's certainly something," she says with a smirk causing me to blush. "He is something supernatural, I can't tell you what though, you'll have to figure that out yourself. Just tell me one thing, how do you feel about him?" She asks.
"I love him," I reply without hesitation.
"Ok, so this is what's going to happen. Do you remember when Scott, Stiles, and I had to 'die' in order to stop our parents from being sacrificed by the Darach?" She asks.
I nod,"Yeah, we pushed you under in tubs of ice in order to find where they were being held." I answer.
"Yes, I'm going to do the same thing to you. You are going to think of Jordan the whole time when you are under, think of what you two last did together, a special moment, anything to link you to him." She explains to me. She then takes me over to the ice bath that was in the corner of the room. I get inside, feeling instantly freezing when I get inside, the first real feeling I've had since I died not long ago. Slowly I sit down, leaving just my head above the freezing water. "This may have it's side effects like it did for me, and you will now have a very strong connection with Jordan. Stronger than your connection with everyone else."
I smile when I think of getting to see everyone again,"I think I'll be ok with that."
"Noelle, this is a one time deal, so be careful," she warns me, and I nod in response. "Alright ready?"
"Yeah, thank you for this, I miss you," I say to her sadly as I begin to shiver.
"I miss you too, remember think of Jordan," she tells me before putting her hands on my shoulders, gripping me tightly. She then shoves me under the water forcefully until I'm fully submerged under the water. I immediately let the water fill my lungs as pictures of Jordan and I fill my head, I haven't known him long, but every moment with him plays through my head as I feel myself once again drift towards the darkness.
I gasp loudly as my body sits upright coughing loudly. I look around and see I'm in the clinic, and it's empty. I look down at my shirt, there's still a lot of blood, but the bullet wound is completely healed.
"Noelle?" I hear someone ask.
I turn around and see Deaton standing there in shock. I get off the metal slab and stand in front of him. "I just came back from the dead, I could use a hug."
He smiles and pulls me into a hug and I could hear him sigh in relief. When we pull away he asks,"How, how did you?"
"Allison," I reply simply with a smile.
"I have to call your family," he says before running out of the room.
When he gets back, he tells me he's going to do a quick check up to make sure I was completely healthy.
"Where is she?" I hear my Dad's voice come from outside of the room I was in.
I run out there,"Dad, Stiles." I call to them.
The look on their faces when they say me melted my heart. I run over to them as they pull me into a hug. "I'm sorry we left without telling you, " I apologize to him.
"It's ok, I'm so glad you're ok." He replies smiling as he pulls away.
"I'm sorry I couldn't save you, I should have been there," Stiles says, his head hung low.
I wrap my arms around him,"I'm fine Stiles, and it wasn't your fault, it was nobody's fault." I say to him.
Scott is next to walk in, and a smile grows on his face as he walks over and pulls me into a hug,"I'm so glad you're ok."
"You can't get rid of me that easily," I tell him with a smile.
After that Lydia, Malia, Kira, Melissa, and Liam all come and see me, greeting he happily.
I frown in confusion,"Where's Jordan?" I ask.
"I tried to call him, but he didn't answer," Dad replies.
"Can you drop me off at his apartment?" I ask Stiles.
"Maybe you should wait until tomorrow, get some rest first," Dad suggests.
I shake my head,"Dad, he thinks I'm dead. I can't wait he needs to know I'm alright." I reply.
"Alright, lets go," Stiles tells me, making me smile at him appreciatively.
Soon I'm standing in front of Jordan's door, I take a deep breath, preparing myself before raising my fist and knocking on the door. He doesn't answer, causing me to frown in confusion, his truck is here, he has to be in there. I reach out and twist the doorknob smiling in victory as I push the door open. I walk inside and look around, to see Jordan sitting on the couch, his head in his hands.
"Jordan," I call out to him.
His head snaps up so fast, his eyes widening as he sees me. "Is this for real?" He asks in a shocked tone as walks up and stands in front of me.
I nod with tears in my eyes,"It's real, I'm here." I say before wrapping my arms around him. He does the same, gripping me tightly, as if he thought I was going to disappear. I close my eyes and breathe in his scent, something I thought I would never be able to do again.
"How? How are you here? You died in my arms," he asks confused.
"Allison helped me get back, I couldn't leave you, I couldn't leave my friends and family," I explain.
"I'm glad you're ok," he says before leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. He then pulls me into a hug.
-After a long day at school, I went over to the station with the bestiary to help help him figure out what he is.
"This used to be on a hard drive, but we eventually decided it might be a good idea to have a hard copy around. So we put it in a book." I explain while setting the book on his desk.
"What is it?" He asks me.
"It's called The Bestiary," I explain as I open the book. "Whatever you are, it might be in here. I'd like to help you figure it out."
He shoots me a smile,"I'd like that."

******************************************
The season finale, wow! I hope you all liked it, I worked pretty hard on it. I cried writing Noelle's death scene, even though I knew I was going to bring her back, so I hope that it brought a few tears to your eyes... Comment and let me know what you thought, oh and vote!
-S