Chapter 36

"Can we get this?""No

"Can we get this?"
"No."
"What about this?"
"Nope."
"This?"
"Definitely not, what the hell even is that?"
I let out a frustrated sigh as Jordan and I walk through the isles of the grocery store. Everything I want Jordan has told me no. All I want is junk food, but he insists that I need healthy things only.
I pick something up off the shelf again and show it to him,"Jordan, I need this, there's no way I could possibly go without is."
He rolls his eyes and takes it out of  my hands,"You don't need mini doughnuts to survive, babe. You're pregnant, you shouldn't be eating these things. I thought taking you out to eat before we came here would keep you from wanting to buy all the junk food in the store, but I was wrong. Maybe just I should do the grocery shopping for a while."
I shake my head,"No, I like doing this."
"Why is that?" he asks
"This is the most normal thing we do. We live our life with most things evolving around the supernatural, so it's my favorite thing to do. Anything simple and normal, like doing the laundry, doing the dishes, and making a meal."
A smile grows on his face as he leans forward, and presses his lips to mine,"I love you."
"I love you too."
When we pull away, an old couple walks by, and the old woman looks down at my bump, then at the two of us with a smile,"Congratulations you two."
I smile back at her politely,"Thank you."
As the two walk away, Jordan wraps an arm around my waist, pushing the cart forward,"Come on let's go to the produce section." I let out a groan of annoyance, but walk with him nonetheless.
After filling our cart with the things we would need for the next two weeks, we begin heading to the checkout area. When we walk by the ice cream, I stop, grabbing Jordan's muscular arm, getting him to stop as well. I pull out a tub of ice cream. "Jordan, I absolutely will not leave this store without some ice cream. Please let me have it." I beg like a child.
Jordan lets out a sigh, but smiles,"Fine, but don't think I haven't noticed you sneak some things in here. But I'll leave them, for special occasions."
I squeal in excitement and put it into the cart. This is what pregnancy has brought me to, getting overly excited about getting ice cream and other junk foods. My cravings were in full swing all the time, and Jordan, who is now a pregnancy expert, from reading one book, thinks I should just stick more healthy things. I love how worried Jordan is being about mine and the babies health, but I can't stop thinking about the fact that we don't have things like powdered doughnuts and doritos in the house. I guess not having things like that all the time makes it all the more special when he brings something for me home.
After checking out, we head back home, where we make supper. After we eat, Jordan works on some of the case work he has on the couch, as I do the homework I neglected to do until the last day of the weekend, as we had a movie on in the background. This was another one of those moments that I loved. Despite the fact that I was currently doing my calculus homework, I loved having such normal moments with him.
When it became late, we got ready for bed together, and got into bed. As usual, I fall asleep with my head on his chest, wrapped securely in his arms.

I open my eyes and find myself sitting in a bench. I look up to see that I'm in a train station of some sorts, which is odd because Beacon Hills doesn't have a train station. When I look around I see the station is filled with people sitting on benches all around me. Upon further inspection, I see that everyone seems to be in a catatonic state, their faces blank as they stare forward. I gasp in shock as I see the old couple from the grocery store sitting next to each other on the bench across from me. My heartbeat rises as I look around in panic, where am I? What am I doing here? I look over to the left of me and see a familiar flannel shirt. My eyes widen in shock as I immediately know who it is. It's Stiles. I move over to get a better look at him, and I go to call out his name...