Two

CHECK OUT THE NEW PUBLISHED VERSION ON MY PROFILE!

It was early when I woke up. I hugged my pillow and groaned. Turning over I looked to the window. No light shined through the thin curtain and into my room at all. I sat up in bed, still drowsy from sleep, and trudged to the bathroom. I walked past my parent's room where the door was wide open. My father and mothers snoring was loud, and as I passed I smiled.

                                The bathroom was in the back of the house, right in between the generator and the giant whole in wall. It showed over the field. I went into the bathroom and a few minutes later I came out. I couldn't help feeling the urge to take peak of the field.

                                It wasn't different at night to what it was in the day. Not that I expected it took LOOK different. I stared at the many different silhouettes. None of them being of anything living, unless the trees counted. A small smiled formed on my lips. It was pretty out there. It was until I saw a pair of glowing gold dots. They were still, my smile still remained. For a moment I thought it were fireflies, but as I leaned forward and squinted my eyes U could make out pointed ears, standing tall on the top of a large head. MY smile slowly fell. My eyes finally adjusted the dark completely and I could definitely see a wolf standing in the middle of the field. I soon could see another one that was just a little smaller than him. My eyes widen as my eyes locked with the bigger of the two. He howled and I backed up and almost tripped. But I was caught in someone's arms. "Ah!" Screamed, thrashing around in the person's arms.

                                "Calm down Mira it's my Dad." I heard my Dad say quietly. "Shh." He said as I tried to calm down.

                                Slowly I eased my fast beating heart." What's going on?" I heard my mom ask, tired.

                                "Nothing sweetheart." He said, he hugged me.

                                "D-d-dad I-I-I saw a-a-a w-w-w-wolf outside." I stuttered out. I could see his dark eyebrows draw together.

                                "What?" He asked.

                                "A wolf!" I said. "Two of them dad!" I shouted. He gave a disapproving look before looking outside.

                                "I don't see anything Mira." He said, turning to me." It isn't very becoming for a young woman to lie Mira." He scolded.

                                "Bu- "

                                "You tired." He said, and I shut my mouth. He guided me back to my room and watched as I got in bed." I'll see you tomorrow darling." He said, leaving me alone.

                                I struggled back to sleep, still very afraid of what might happen with wolves near. I'd never heard of them this close to the humans at night. There was no need for patrol. It's not like we have anywhere to go. When I finally fell asleep I dreamt of shining yellow eyes.

                                When I got up that morning I quickly got ready for the day. I had an anxious heavy feeling on my chest as I waited in the kitchen for it to be time to get my stamp. My mind drifted to the shining eyes and I sighed. My mother gave me a worried glance and placed my breakfast in front of me. "Everything okay Mira?" She asked. I nodded and began to eat the biscuit that tasted of chalk. "Are you sure?" She asked." Your um father told me about the wolf you saw last night." She said.