Twenty-One

(#817 in WereWolf! Thank you guys so much, Also this chapter is dedicated to @Bubble19)

                               "How many.... uhm wolves are in your pack?" I asked curiously, setting the glass back down on the table. He glanced up at me for a second before looking back to his phone.

"And why does this matter?" He asked, not looking back up. I stuffed a piece of fruit in my mouth, before shrugging. He glanced back up," Close to one million, not including the individual packs across the entire country." I nearly choked. Close to?

"Oh," was my response. I looked down at the navy blue dress I was wearing. The dining room was quiet, except for the sound of King beau and his typing.

Breakfast was soon over and King Beau took me from the dining room to the study hall. "Sit." He instructed. I sat down and looked around the room.

I looked in awe at the large bookcases. "Wow." I whispered, and smiled. When I looked back to the King, he was staring at me. In his eyes there were many things, one thing being happiness. But of course, it soon disappeared, a serious look returning to his face.

"Do you know how to read?" He asked me, picking up a book and watching my carefully. I nodded quickly.

"Fantastic. That will make the tutor's job easier." He said, causing me to frown.

"Tutor" I asked, shifting uncomfortably in my seat. I began wringing my fingers together. He watched my hands and the moved his eyes to meet mine.

"Yes." He said. "How else would you learn the history of our people. How else would you know to run the kingdom if anything were to ever happen to me?" He explained, coming to sit down in a seat near me. "A Queen of our people must know things about our species that will aide you in caring for them."

'Especially you.' I thought to myself.

"Okay." I mumbled.

He nodded and reached for my hand as we stood. I looked at it and grabbed it hesitantly. "We will take a walk around the kingdom before the meeting." He said. I nodded and allowed him to lead me out of the castle.

For a couple of hour, we walked around the kingdom. Him talking and me smiling, he showed me things and introduced me to people. We talked about my duties as Queen and as his 'mate'. Which I was still very unsure about. But the one thing I wasn't unsure about was the feeling he gave me. He made my heart beat faster and it wasn't a bad thing either.

Currently we were sitting outside, at a restaurant dining area. He had reserved the entire back patio for us. Something I found both ridiculous and sweet.'

"King Beau?" I said, catching his attention from watching two small children play. As I opened my mouth to explain to him my recent feelings I saw a boy dressed in guard's wear run up to the table.

"ALPHA KING BEAU! ALPHA KING BEAU!!" He shouted. King Beau looked over and growled in disapproval. He looked panicked as he ran up to us.

"What? "He hissed. The boy, who looked about my age looked at him in fear.

"e-the-the. B-beta. H-h-e." He stuttered. King Beau growled again, causing the boy to look pale and even more nervous. It was then that I realized he wasn't a werewolf. King Beau growled again and the boy looked ready to pass out.

"Calm down." I spoke up, trying to have just little bit of confidence in my voice. He looked at me "Take a deep breath. It's okay." I said, letting the words come out like I did it all the time. AS I looked at him and tried to give him as much assurance as I could, it felt natural.

It took a moment for him to calm down, but when he did he smiled at me fondly. "Thank you, Luna Queen Mira." He said I nodded and relaxed in my seat.

"Now what is it?" King Beau asked.

"Beta Asthenias has asked for your presence at the hall." He said, no looking at him directly." He said it was very important and couldn't wait until after the meeting." He said. King Beau nodded.

"I see." He stood." Thankyou. You are now dismissed." He said and looked towards me and gave me an outstretched hand.

He walked us to a small building, far from the town. His hand was in mine and our fingers soon came intertwined as we walked through a large crowd of guards. I stayed close to him as we did so.

King beau ushered me inside and to my surprise it was much larger than it seemed. It looked like the building had a few years, more like decades on its theater like seats and its grand walls.

He walked me over to a set of thrones. He sat me down in the smaller of the two and considered my eyes pointedly. "Stay." He instructed before walking away.

Hello everyone. Im really sorry for my late update ,but I really hope you enjoyed it. I wonder what the problem was that was so imprtant to Asthenias? And look at Mira! She's so sweet and he relationship with Beau is becoming better and better!

I just wnated to thank everyone that has been voting,reading, and commenting. Also to those adding my stories to their reading lists. Every single last one of you have helped me get to #817 in werewolf stories! You guys trully make my day. Really. I love your comments, let me know what you guys think about what happened in this update! I love you guys.

Dont forget to Vote, Comment,and Share.