Fourteen

The men loaded my things into the back of the black van. My hands, at my sides like I was five. I glanced around for the King, who'd instructed me to stand this way after I'd tried to help the three men get my things.

We arrived in 'California' about an hour ago. When I had stepped off the plane all eyes were on me. There was a crowd of supernatural just standing there quiet. I had nervously twisted my fingers together before I set foot on the ground. I saw a lot of shock in the crowd, anger, and some happiness. I had been stopped by the end of the ramp. There were several long seconds before King Beau came out. The crowd erupted into loud cheers, upon him coming out.

He had walked down and stood next to me. He pressed a hand to my back. He acknowledges some of his people as he guided me through the crowd. I looked in awe as they smiled and waved. Little kids running up and waving at him. They all were happy to see him.

'He's probably a great King.' I thought.

When we finally got to a thinner part of the crowd he stood by the van, holding my arm firmly, like I was gonna run if he didn't hold on. There was a driver who stood on the other side. King Beau had instructed him to get my things. That's when the driver called three boys over to grab my things. I stepped forward to grab a bag. The King, I assume wasn't paying attention to me as I brought the bag to the trunk. When I went grab another bag he quickly grabbed my wrist. I looked at him in surprise, at his face, which looked like he might have had a heart attack.

Now here I am, sitting in the back seat of said van. I wondered where Alex and Ash were. Considering the fact, they had told me they'd see me after we got here I was little disappointed. Outside there was still a light crowd of people. One half had cameras and the other half were just supernatural looking at the car, pointing. The supernatural with the cameras were taking pictures of me. I looked away.

On the other side of the van there was a family. A man, a woman, and a son. They were smiling as they got into their car. My heart quickened at the sight.

I missed my family. My parents. My sibling, who has yet to be born. Tears burned the back of my eyes and I quickly looked at my hands. I tried to push the thoughts of my family out of my brain. The more I thought of them, the more I wanted break down in tears.

A few moments later the King climbed into the car with me. Our arms brushed and I scooted all the way to the window, heart beat fast. "Drive Liam." He said.

The car started moving and twisted my fingers. I picked at my already short fingernails and rubbed my very calloused hands together. I sighed and the King cleared his throat.

"Mira." He said. My head snapped up and I met his eyes.

"Y-yes King Beau." I said, slapping myself for stuttering.

He kept eye contact as he opened his mouth to speak. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

'Miserable,'" I-I-I'm okay." I answered.

"Honest." He said, eye brows furrowing and a slight growl coming from his throat.

My eyebrows and for a few seconds I was at a loss of words." H-honest?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I miss my family." I said, darkening his expression." I really want to go home." I said, tears coming back to my eyes. He clenched his jaw.

"THIS is your home now." He said. I looked down back at my lap.

Beau P.O.V

I watched as she lied her head on the window. My wolf growled. He was frustrated just like I was. What supernatural WOULDN" T be frustrated if they were in the same situation as I was. I growled and I saw her flinch, pressing her body closer to the window.

'She wants us." My wolf, Lee, growled. 'She needs to except it though.' He explained. I nodded to myself, clenching my jaw.

Over the past week I had told myself continuously that I was doing what was best for her.

'And us.' My wolf said. I groaned, watching as her breathing became deeper. I moved my body closer to hers and touched her hair softly. She didn't move away, she adjusted her body so that she was lying her head on me. My wolf purred.

She may not understand understand the things I've done for her presently and in the past. But she will.

*gasp* What does he mean by that? Thank all of you for reading! Don't forget to like, comment, and share