Thirty-Six

***It's a lil rushed but hey! I got it out. Again I'm sorry if its not all that great. It'll be fixed soon enough! Bright side- Once i get done with Chapter 37 only about 6 chapters left! Plus an epilogue! So yay for that! I am both excited and relieved this book is coming to an end soon! I have a few surprises for you all at the end of the book as well so be ready! Enjoy!***

"You could have been killed for moon goddess's sake!" Beau roared." You could have gotten your friends killed!" He raged, pacing in front of me. I sat teary eyed and guilty. He was right. That could have happened.

I didn't think about what happen, I just did what I wanted. I was selfish and my friends got injured because of it. My apologies couldn't even come close to fixing the great wrong I had done by them. I sniffled, wiping nose, thinking about the sympathetic looks they gave me and the icy look that King Paulo gave me before shooting a litany of curses at me.

"What if Layla had died huh? King Paulo could have waged war on us! DO you know how long that could last? Centuries!" He howled, stopping in front of me. My hands fidgeted and I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

"I'm sorry okay, I didn't think anything bad would happen. I just..." I trailed off and looked at his face.

"You just what?" He snapped and my heart writhed in my chest. Being on the receiving end of his wrath was not a good feeling.

"I just wanted to know. I had to know. The faerie Elder was going to help me remember Beau." I defended weakly. His eyes softened slightly before he shook his head.

"Your actions were selfish and misguided. "He said in disappointment." We're lucky King Paulo isn't retracting his men from a war that hasn't even started yet because of this debacle." Beau sighed, grabbing my hands.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled again. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"I'm just glad that you're alright." He said and then pulled away." Let's get you home. "He said standing and I shook my head, staying seated. Beau frowned. "Come on."

"I need to see him." I said stubbornly. Annoyance flashed in Beau's eyes and I ignored it.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes." I said firmly, standing and glaring. "I need to know Beau."

He looked at me and sighed." It's like you want to get taken from me again." He said, a miserable tone to his voice. We were quiet for a moment before grabbing my hand and kissing it." I'm going to regret this."

***

We arrived at the hut close to midnight.

It was sitting in the middle of a field, alone and open at the same time. We glanced at each other and then I lead us up the stone path that lead to the front door.

We stood there a long time. I squeezed Beau's hand, fear doing the same to my chest. I wanted to know, but I was nervous. Beau nudged me after a while. "Knock. We've come all this way, it'd be a waist to leave empty handed." He coaxed, kissing my hand again. I sighed, enjoying the soft touch of his lips.

"Boy's right." A gruff voice said from inside. I jumped and Beau looked around skeptically and then his eyes landed on a figure hanging from the window. "Been waiting ages, go ahead and knock darling, I won't bite." He said, winking. I followed his instruction and knocked and he appeared at the door. "Amira." He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me. "SO nice to see you! I've been waiting on your arrival for a while dearie." He said and let me go." I'd introduce myself but I know for a fact you know my name." He said and I tilted my head.