Thirty-Seven

The next day we woke up late and spent the entire morning in each other's arms. Beau had wanted to stay there for the rest of the day, but with the knowledge of my past lives and the upcoming war mingling together I forced him out of bed so that he could handle important matters.

Reluctantly we showered and shared a lunch before we walked to the training grounds where the trainers had already began the training of some of the pack members. Beau held me close as we walked through the mostly unmated sweaty males. Beau approached the instructor and offered him a brief nod.

"Status report." He said seriously, the trainer scratched his beard and looked away towards the men.

"Well, our men are doing fairly well with their training, but we're having a difficult time keeping them focused." He said and Beau and I shared frowns.

"What do you mean?" Beau asked.

"With all the recent attacks, the losses racking up it's all they can think of. Most of my trainees are unseasoned and haven't seen a lick of battle. Their scared Alpha and I can't blame them." The trainer explained and I could see the sadness in his eyes as he explained this fact.

It was quite sad, most of the 'men' were about my age. They had lives to live, mates they had to find and with this war coming they could be robbed of that. I looked down, not really sure what else to do. For a moment I considered this to be my fault, if I wasn't here then they wouldn't have a reason to fight. They could go about their lives and not worry about the death that was ahead.

I quickly shifted my thoughts away from fault. It wasn't my fault Asthenias had a century old chip on his shoulder and he couldn't move on and find happiness elsewhere. He wanted to fight for things he could have if he just stopped trying to Beau and I, this war was an example of how desperately he needed to find peace.

Beau sighed and then looked at me. "I need for you to go and meet with the medics while I try to help the situation here if I can." He said and I looked up at his concerned features. I grabbed his face and captured his eyes.

"Everything will be okay, when Asthenias decides to strike with his armies we'll be prepared." I said and gave a light kiss as his features eased slightly. I smiled and then nodded towards the trainer, turning and walking towards where I remembered the infirmary to be.

When I reached the infirmary Alex was there with Harry, they carried boxes of supplies while women and men in white uniforms moved around them. "Hello Alex." I greeted as he set the boxes down beside Harry. He grinned and ran over to me.

"How do you feel?" He asked with a smile, his hands coming to rest on my shoulders." You're glowing! You look so happy!" Alex said and then sniffed me, not allowing me to reply to his question. He gasped loudly and then his smile grew even wider." Welcome to the family...again!" Alex wrapped his arms around and squeezed.

I allowed his arms to suffocate me for a few minutes before I gasped for him to let me go." Sorry about that, I'm sorry. It's just his scent is all over you! It makes me happy you guys have finally consummated your relationship." He beamed. My ears felt hot as I looked away and waved at Harry who was watching our interaction with a light smile. He waved back and then turned to grab more boxes.

I cleared my throat." What are you guys doing here?" I asked as a few nurses walked past me.

"Well there are nurses being trained about to do with certain wounds, especially silver ones. We're transporting supplies and counting them, also cleaning the rooms, moving patience to a different ward in order to make room for the soldiers coming in every day." Alex said, smiling at a few nurses as he walked me through the busy lobby.