Chapter 1 - Alive

Five years later

(Hannah) "Marco!"

She walked down the stairs and looked around.

(Hannah) "Where the hell is he?!"

She was about to turn the corner when she collided with someone.

(Martha) "What's wrong?"

(Hannah) "I'm looking for my son."

She outlined her and kept looking for Marco.

(Hannah) "Marco!"

She stopped when she heard a giggle. She frowned, looking at the cabinet below the sink.

(Hannah) "Where are you?" – she started pretending she was looking for him.

She slowly walked to the sink and another giggle came out of the cabinet. She smiled and opened the door, making the little boy burst into laughter.

(Hannah) "What have I told you about hiding?"

He stopped giggling and got out of the cabinet, standing in front of his mother.

(Marco) "Not hide for too long." – he repeated her words.

(Hannah) "Come on." – she grabbed his hand.

(Marco) "Mommy, I don't want to go to the bedroom."

She sighed and crouched down.

(Hannah) "I know but we've talked about this before-"

(Stefano) "Hannah!"

Her eyes widened and she pushed Marco behind her, standing up to face the man that has been keeping her captive for the past five years.

(Stefano) "What the fuck is he doing out of his room?!" – he look at Marco in disgust.

(Hannah) "Nothing. He was just about to go back. He just wanted some water."

He started walking closer to her and she put her hands around Marco, to make sure he wouldn't be harm for whatever was about to happen.

(Stefano) "I've told you, I don't want him wandering around the house!"

She nodded and started walking away, taking Marco with her but she stopped when Stefano spoke again.

(Stefano) "Be in my room in two minutes for your punishment."

She closed her eyes, dreading what was about to come and took no time in walking up the stairs and entering in Martha's room. Martha was fixing her bed when she saw Hannah's expression.

(Martha) "Again?"

Hannah nodded and let Marco go. He went to his play zone on the corner of the room.

(Martha) "I'm sorry..."

(Hannah) "It's fine. Really. As long as nothing happens to him." – she finished looking at Marco.

Marco picked up his car toy but then put it down and walked to his mother with a sad expression on her face.

(Marco) "Mamma... Are you in trouble because of me?" (Mom)

She knelt down in front of him, smiling softly.

(Hannah) "No, baby. I'm gonna be fine. I need you to stay with Aunt Martha, okay?"

He nodded his little head and she kissed his forehead.

(Hannah) "I love you, baby."

(Marco) "I love you, mommy."