Chapter 25 - How babies are made

(Next day)

(Hannah) "Christian called me before we came here to tell me he landed safely. That he was picking up his dad and they would deal with the drugs."

(Mathew) "That's good." – he mumbled.

There was silence for a few minutes until Matt spoke again.

(Mathew) "So what is the appointment about?" – he looked at her from the corner of his eye.

(Hannah) "I'll tell you once it's over."

He bit the inside of his cheek.

(Mathew) "And why's Martha all weird on me?"

(Hannah) "She'll tell you once she thinks it's time."

Matt groaned and parked the car outside the hospital. They both walked inside, not even bothering to check the room at the front desk, Matt already knew the way. Once they were outside the door, he knocked and turned the knob, opening the door.

The doctor immediately stood up from her desk and smiled.

"Mr. Costanzo, Ms. Galletti, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Hannah shook her hand and then Matt did the same. But then he looked to the bed on the side of the room and saw the ultrasound beside it. Instantly, something clicked in his mind.

(Mathew) "Wait..."

Both women stopped the conversation and turned to him. Matt looked at his best friend, frowning with his thumb pointed at the ultrasound but she just grinned at him.

(Hannah) "Maybe..." – she shrugged.

A smile started growing on his lips.

"Well, shall we?" – the doctor pointed to the bed.

Hannah nodded and lied down, pulling the end of her sweater up to the bottom of her boobs.

"This will be a little cold." – she said, before she spread the gel on her stomach.

Matt was beside Hannah, both their eyes locked on the screen waiting for the doctors words.

(Roberto) "Chris." – he smiled.

Christian hugged his father in a manly hug and then they both walked to his car.

(Roberto) "So, how was Hannah?"

(Christian) "She's... beautiful." – he smiled.

Roberto grinned as he drove to the warehouse's location.

(Christian) "What's the deal with our drugs?" – his expression turned to a serious one.

(Roberto) "Apparently someone gave an anonymous tip to the police claiming we were dealing with drugs in that warehouse. They got in with a warrant and confiscated everything. They arrested the guards but no one's saying anything about you. The police are still trying to figure out to whom the warehouse belonged to."

(Christian) "I need to talk to the Chief... I need to end that investigation."

Soon, Roberto parked the car in the middle of the trees and they got out.

(Roberto) "There are still people surveilling the area. Police officers. We need to be careful or they'll suspect something and it will be tougher to muffle this."

Christian nodded and after some minutes of walking, they stopped in the middle of some bushes, looking at the old warehouse hidden in the middle of the forest. There were indeed four officers surrounding the area, making sure no one suspect would approach.