Chapter 30 - The Choice

(Hannah) "Matt?"

He mumbled something that even he couldn't comprehend as he tried to keep his eyes open.

(Hannah) "Please stay with me..." - she put her hand on his cheek.

(Mathew) "It's hard..."

(Hannah) "I know... But please... You can't leave me here alone."

Matt smiled a little and put his hand on top of hers on his cheek.

(Mathew) "I'm sure he will come to get you..."

(Hannah) "No! He will come to get us! You're coming home too!"

(Mathew) "I'm... I'm too tired..." - he said painfully.

(Hannah) "Matt-"

Then, the door was ripped open and in walked a familiar man, the one that had caused Matt's condition.

"You, get up!" - he looked at Hannah.

(Hannah) "Matt needs help!"

"I said get up!"

He grabbed her arm and roughly pulled her up to her feet.

(Hannah) "Let me go!" - she tried to fight him back.

Matt stumbled on his feet, still trying to save his best friend.

"Don't you fucking dare to fight me back!" - he growled in Hannah's ear.

She pulled up her knee to connect it to his crotch, sending the man to the ground in pain. She ran to Matt and helped him up.

(Hannah) "We need to get out of here!" - she said quietly.

She dragged Matt out the door but before she could do it, the man grabbed her arm she threw Matt to the floor. He then punched her, making her fall down as well.

(Matthew) "No, Hannah!"

The man straddled her waist and drew punch after punch. Matt crawled to his friend but he was getting dizzy and his eyes were getting heavy by the second.

"Fucking bitch!"

But a gunshot rang through the basement and the last thing Matt saw before he passed out, was the man falling to the ground with a bullet hole in his face.

Hannah turned to the side, coughing out blood. She could feel it running down her nose, coming out from a cut on her cheek as well and she could taste it as if it was metal in her mouth. Her eye was hurting so bad that she could feel her heart beating there.

What she went through with Stefano was nothing compared to what the man did to her, in terms of bruising, of course. Stefano never beat her until she couldn't breathe, but the man did almost that.

She was having trouble breathing but she was soon lifted up from the floor.

(Luca) "We need to leave now!"

He dragged her out the basement.

(Hannah) "Matt!" - she yelled.

But she got no answer. Luca took her up the stairs and through hallway. She noticed he was acting strange, he kept looking around as if he was checking if someone was after him, as if he was running away from someone.

And then, it all made sense to her when she heard several shots.

Luca was being attacked.

And who could it be?

(Hannah) "Christian!" - she yelled at the top of her lungs.

(Luca) "Shut up!" - he jerked her forward.