Chapter 2 - Sergei

We were only going to have a few drinks and that was it. That was all until HER name had to come up. Seeing that empty bottle there on the coffee table this morning, I knew my day wasn't going to be good. Sitting at the table, my head was throbbing and my stomach was still curdling. Five o'clock couldn't come fast enough. Luckily, I had a test to give so I didn't have to stand in the front of the class lecturing and talking about minerals boring myself to sleep. Today, as much as I loved my job, I would rather crawl under a rock and sleep off last night until this weekend where I could drink my misery away.

Hearing someone clear their throat, I looked up seeing those eyes, those soft hazels staring at me, watching me from across the room. That lip was pulled between her teeth as I was noticing a lot more with that particular female student. In the first week, I hadn't seen her do that at all. All she did was sleep. Three days of class and she was sound asleep. Now, she was always awake and she knew this stuff. Not to count, she was about the only one who hung onto every word I said in lecture.

My heart leaped as her face started glowing red and her eyes shot down to her paper with that lip being tugged between those nice white teeth again. It was so obvious she was attracted to me. Unlike the others, she tried her best not to make it known to everyone in the class. The ones in the front row, however, started wearing low cut shirts and shorter shorts. I had some adoring fans in this class as well as the other classes, but there was just that one student who really caught my eye.

I watched her twist a little in the seat thinking about the question. The room started rocking a little reminding me that I was in no shape to be there. The only place I should be was in my empty house lulling my misery and pain away in the bottle of booze.

Why was I even watching her anyway? She was a damn student and that put her in the absolutely off limits zone anyway. For three years, I never had one girl interest me like she has been for the past couple of weeks.

Today, she was wearing a pair of beige pants and those damn black boots again. When she put down her bag, I caught the nice, firm ass when her black sweatshirt slid up over her hips. If I hadn't been in the classroom, I would have adjusted myself right there before I busted the zipper out of my jeans. And, that action hasn't happened in a long time.

Her eyes drifted up slowly as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. Pressing those luscious lips tight together, I could see the wheels in her mind turning, thinking, trying to recall what she read.

It was amazing how she woke up a couple of weeks ago and changed so much. I saw the flirtatiousness in her, the look-at-me persona she had, and that piss and vinegar. Then, to top it off, she slept through the first two lectures. She was acting exactly like how my ex was. A liar, cheater, and a user, looking for a man with money. But the past couple of weeks, it was as if she was a totally different person and... maybe I was completely wrong about her.

Through lectures, she was one of the very, very few students who actually answered and paid attention. She preferred to sit in the far back out of the spotlight and hadn't really spoken to anyone else in the class. And that god awful habit of biting her bottom lip. That was enough to absolutely drive me insane already. She was driving me insane and all I knew was her name. Jacki Montgomery.

A slight smile settled on her porcelain face as she tipped her head instantly writing the answer just like when she was working on her lab. During lab, she really dug in there taking everything she was learning inside of that head of hers. When she had gotten stumped, instead of asking me, she turned to her book. Kind of a letdown in my manliness, but maybe it was for the best. I had a couple more months of her and that was it. The best thing to do was to completely stay away from her.