Chapter 11 - Sergei

"How did the girl act when you tell her about the horse?" Nikolay's voice answered bright and chipper as I paced my office after class, after her class. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I stopped at the bookshelf letting my eyes fall onto the photo of my father and me with our rented horses in Italy. "I have a few minutes before I must go. What is your issue, brother? Did you tell her?"

"Yes." Holding my breath, I closed my eyes feeling those tight arms wrapping around me, holding me as close as she could, letting everything in her heart come through into mine.

"You will tell me or I have to guess." His deep chuckle echoed through the phone with the noise in the background increasing with his teammates gearing up for practice.

"I thought she was upset, but then, she hugged me. It is still my horse, but she is happy."

"Where is the issue? She jumped into your arms. That is good thing. Now, take her home and break the three-year celibacy."

A huge fist slammed into my chest taking my breath away. What if Jacki thought that was what I wanted and the reason why I bought the horse? It was risky buying the horse in the first place, but I couldn't stand to see them apart after seeing how perfect they were together. This was her senior year so I could actually go riding with her after her graduation. I could wait that long for her, to be able to get to know her without the worry of getting fired. "That is no why I did it."

"No? I think you will, Sergei. You should. She is one to hold onto." The ruckus in the background increased even more with the guys getting pumped up. "I go now, but you need to hold off until she is not in the school anymore. You do not need to have the trouble. But you own the horse and he is living there. You can go see him. No harm to see your purchase."

The lump blocked my throat seeing the photo of her and that horse on the laptop yet. Nikolay was right. I needed to hold back until she graduated. But when she hugged me, my body reacted in a way it never had. Just having her pressed up against me, all I wanted to do was bend her over the desk, get those clothes off her, and make love to her right there. A year, though. I had to wait a year until she graduated for anything to happen, if she had the same feelings also. What were the chances of her having the same feelings? "Do you think I am looking at her as I did with Susie? I do not want another broken heart."

"No, this girl is not Susie. Best to wait for her to finish school, Sergei. Not before then." Calling back to the loud guys, he had them laughing. Clearing his throat, he breathed heavily into the phone. "I go now. I trust you to do what is best for you. I talk to you later."

Hanging up the phone, I went through my contacts seeing her name. Maybe I could go and see where my horse is staying. There wasn't any harm in that. Typing out the text, my stomach muscles tightened up in a fist. Pressing the send button, I closed my eyes and forced in a deep breath. When I first started talking to Susie, I hadn't had this many butterflies inside of me. I didn't have many nerves with her at all, when I think about it. Nothing was even close to what I felt waiting for the text back.

Jacki: I am at the farm finishing with evening chores. You are more than welcome to come out. Just pull up by my truck and I will be around. I might not answer being in the barn so just walk around and you will find me somewhere.

I signed off my computer and I rushed out to my car. Headed out of the parking lot, I drove south on the highway to the farm where Nikolay said it was. And it was easy to find as he said it was. I parked next to Jacki's truck and looked around. The place was beautiful. There was a huge barn behind the two story house and corrals and pastures all over. Shoving my door open, I sucked in the scent of the country, taking in the horse mixed with sweet hay and fresh cut grass.