Unsaid Things ~ Daylor

The sequel one-shot to The New Ship

[from Taylor Swift's POV]

I sat in silence in my empty apartment, all alone with only photos from past relationships. Tom Hiddleston - who I thought was going to be my one and only - had just broke things off after our worst argument yet. I couldn't look through pictures of us without crying. I didn't want him to go, but he did. Oh, I remember that romantic trip we took to Rome when he first confessed his love for me. That was an amazing trip, but obviously, it's nothing but a distant memory I did not want to think about.

I gathered up all the pictures scattered around me and put them back in my photo bin. I pushed myself up to lay on the couch, with Meredith coming to sit on my lap.

"Hey, Merebear," I said as I stroked her fur. Olivia came and butted in, begging for attention. I laughed as I stroked her. "Don't worry, I didn't forget you, Dibbles."

After they'd had enough and scampered off, I strangely thought of the two British nerds, Dan Howell and Phil Lester, that interviewed me at the Teen Awards 2013. I remembered that I had thought nothing of them just seeing them around, awkwardly doing their thing, until that interview and I found them to be really nice, particularly Dan. I had liked him for a bit, but then I came to the harsh realization that I needed to move on from a guy I could never have. It was 2016 now, and I think I like him again.

I shook my head as I flipped on Netflix to binge-watch some Law and Order, which is my favorite show. It managed to get my mind off of Tom, but not off of Dan. He may seem like an awkward, antisocial Internet-lover, but I knew that he could be kind and loving (in a romantic way) once that shell was broken.

Out of nowhere, my phone rang, causing me to jump off the couch and fall onto the floor. I quickly jumped up to grab my phone, which displayed an unknown caller ID. I answered it quickly, not knowing who it could be.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Hey, Taylor," Dan's British voice answered. "Remember me?"

I gasped. "Oh my god, Dan, is that really you?"

"Yeah, it's me." There was a short pause. "Hey, how soon can we meet up?"

My mouth dropped open. "Uh, what do you mean?"

"I mean that I like you, Taylor, and I want to see you."

"You mean it?"

"Yes, I do."

I blushed. "I like you, too. Could we meet up in America, or should I come over there?"

"Come here."

"I can do that. How soon?"

"Uh, what's the earliest you can come?"

"Uh..." I looked at my wall calendar marked with all things I had going on. "This weekend, actually."

"Oh, awesome. I'll see you this weekend - Phil, I'm on the phone stop touching me!"

I stifled a giggle. "Okay, see you then."

I hung up and immediately started planning the trip, getting a flight and a hotel room organized and letting everyone know I'd be gone for the weekend. Normally, with the circumstances of the breakup, I'd feel like doing nothing, but I must've been running on excitement or something from the prospect of going to see Dan. It made me smile as I finished up with organization and notification.

Unsaid things are finally going to be said.

When I initially wrote The New Ship, I didn't plan to write a sequel one-shot, but I got a random idea and wrote this :)