The Distance ~ Garuku Bluemoon x Reader Songfic

//Gar//

"I'm sorry that I have to go back home, Gar," she said with a hint of sadness in her voice. "I did enjoy it here though."

"I understand, [Y/N]," I said. "Don't be sorry."

She sighed. "I'm going to miss you."

I kissed the top of her head. "I will too."

She smiled sadly as she dashed away to make her flight. I sighed sadly, not wanting her to go.

I sighed as I remembered her leaving again. I missed her terribly. As I gazed off at the starry night sky, I wondered if she was watching too, but I knew that I would never know. It tore me apart to know that she was past my horizon.

I went back into the house, and Dante trotted up to me, probably sensing that something was wrong. I smiled at him as I bent down to rub his head and said, "Hey, Dante. You can probably tell I miss her again, can't you?" He borked in response, and I sighed.

The distance between her and I was just too much to bear sometimes. I'd rather be with her than be alone. Then again, I'm never really alone, I have Dante.

I felt tears start to stain my face as I started to feel lost without her again. I retreated to my bedroom, with Dante following close behind.

//You//

You sighed. "I'm going to miss you."

Gar kissed the top of your head. "I will too."

You smiled sadly as you dashed away, partially needing to make your flight and partially not wanting Gar to see the tears that had stained your cheeks.

You sigh and look up to the starry night sky. It's way too late for you to be up, but being away from Gar made you stay up, your body refusing to fall asleep when you wanted to.

You wish that you could be back in California with Gar, but you had had to leave to deal with family stuff. The lights all blurred together once tears started to escape your eyes. You wipe them away with one swipe as your thoughts continued to roar on.

You come to the realization that the distance was too much. You thought you'd be okay, but you can't stand being without Gar. Crying starts to take away your breath, so you run inside to your bedroom and clutch a pillow to your chest, letting your tears flow.

//Third Person//

As the days continued to pass by without either of them seeing each other, they could only guess if the other still felt the same.

"[Y/N], I wake up after nightmares about you that I hope aren't true."

"Gar, I cry myself to sleep everyday thinking about you."

"Will I ever know if you feel the same?"

~~~~~

A/N

This is shorter than usual, and I apologize, but I'm quite happy with this.

Also, go check out BatAAr's other songs, they're amazing! Another BatAAr songfic might be coming soon too~

~ Kat