Gone, But Not Forgotten ~ Dem Salty Bois

Getting ready to record a video with Pat, Gar, and Jp, Wade opened Discord, spotting both Pat and Jp online. He adjusted his mic a little bit and put on his headphones. Pat and Jp entered into a voice call at the same time, causing them to scare each other. Wade entered a minute later to Pat laughing like an idiot and Jp still trying to recover.

"What happened to you two?!" Wade asked.

"We - we entered the call at the same time and accidentally scared each other," Pat responded between fits of laughter.

"Good gracious, already scaring each other before recording!"

"I'm still not okay," Jp said quietly.

Pat's laughter died down. "On a completely unrelated note, where's Gar?"

Wade furrowed his eyebrows. "He's not here yet?"

"No, he's not. Where could he be?"

"Honestly no idea."

"HE COULD BE DEAD!" Jp suddenly screamed.

"Jp, there's no need to overreact!"

"I just texted him," Pat chimed in. "Hopefully, he'll respond."

"Now to play the waiting game..."

Jp started yelling worse-case scenarios at random while Wade and Pat tried to discuss the logical reasons, "tried" being the keyword as Jp's yells almost completely drowned out Wade and Pat's words. Eventually, Wade had to yell, "JP, SHUT THE HELL UP!"

"Sorry..." was Jp's response as he walked away from his computer to faceplant his bed.

"Now I'm freaking the hell out, thanks Jp," Pat said as he checked his phone for a text that wasn't there.

"You're not the only one worried now," Wade remarked. "I'll try to contact him on Discord."

"Okay, sounds good."

15 minutes later, and still no communication from Gar. Jp was still freaking out, but he was at least back at his computer. Pat had sent several more texts and even called him a few times. Wade had bugged Gar on both Discord and Twitter more than was probably necessary. But no response.

Wade sighed. "Maybe he totally forgot that we were gonna record."

"But, Wade," Pat remarked, "I even contacted his phone. He usually responds to phone calls and texts."

"Fair point."

"SOMETHING BAD PROBABLY HAPPENED TO HIM!" Jp screamed.

"JP, WHAT HAVE WE BEEN TELLING YOU?!"

"Guys, stop yelling!" Pat chimed in.

Suddenly, Gar's indicator turned green, indicating that he was online. Everyone stopped talking as "Garuku is typing..." appeared, anxiously awaiting his message.

"Are you guys close friends with Garuku Bluemoon?" the message read.

5 minutes of silence ensued. Was Gar dead? Hospitalized? In serious danger?

Wade was the first to speak. "What the hell? Is Gar pulling a prank on us?"

"Why don't you ask?" Pat suggested.

"Gar, what the hell, is this a prank?" Wade typed and sent.

"I'm afraid not. Mr. Bluemoon was discovered dead in his apartment today. The cause of death was suicide."

Silence, then Jp screamed, threw off his headphones, and ran away from his computer, yelling about how Gar was actually dead. Wade and Pat remained dead silent, unsure how to react.

"Do you know why he committed suicide?" Pat typed as a tear rolled down his cheek. "Was his dad or his corgi there?"

"No, they weren't," the next message read. "His reason for suicide is also unknown, but he did leave a note."

"What did the note say?"

~~~3 hours earlier~~~
~~~Gar's POV~~~

I grabbed the bottle of pills and the razor blade lying on the counter. A tear rolled down my cheek. I didn't really want to do this, but I've become so empty the past month. I didn't want to continue living in this hell without my dad and Dante. They were always there for me, and now they're not. I can't go on...

...but I can't leave this world without saying goodbye to my friends. I had to write a note and hope someone finds it.

I spun around to find a pad of paper and a pencil lying there. I set down the pill bottle and the blade to write a note.

To my friends:

I'm sorry this is how my life ended, but I couldn't continue living. I've been gutted too much to continue on. I'm sorry I can't say goodbye to you in person or via technology. I'd rather say goodbye that way, but I can't. Thanks for all the good times and being there for me. I love you guys dearly. Please never forget me.

~ Garuku Bluemoon

I sighed as I set the pencil down. Was I really doing this? I had people who loved me still, but not the people who loved me most. I wiped away a stray tear. If I did it, it was now or never.

~~~present~~~
~~~3rd person POV~~~

The silence that ensued allowed Wade to think about recording with Gar the past month. He realized that Gar had become distant and barely spoke, rarely joked, seldom laughed. He wanted to punch himself in the balls for not noticing it and shrugging it off as focus on the games.

Patrck spoke first and broke the silence, though he struggled to speak with sadness overwhelming him. "Gutted too much? What did he mean by that?"

"I don't know," Wade said solemnly, "but what I do know is that we've lost a close friend."

"I'll let this sink in," a new message read. "Contact me at (some random phone number) if you have anymore questions."

Gar's indicator turned gray again, and the three were left in silence.

"Is Jp okay?" Wade asked. "He disappeared after he screamed."

"Not completely," Pat pointed out. "Listen closely."

Wade listened closely, finally hearing Jp sobbing on the other end. He suddenly wanted to be there to hug the younger male, but he couldn't.

"I want to be there and hug him," Pat stated. "He sounds so broken up."

"I do, too," Wade choked out.

"We should get together in real life, along with our other friends, and have a funeral for Gar."

"Sounds like a good idea."

[Please don't shoot me for this >~>]