Fade Away ~ Wade x Molly (Soulmate AU)

I couldn't come up with a good ship name lol

"I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU GUYS!" Molly heard Wade yell as she poked her head into his office.

"Hey, Wade, I'm going to the store, do you need anything?" she asked him.

Wade, with his headphones thrown off his head, looked at her and shook his head no. Molly slipped back out, allowing him to return to the madness that was Move or Die (Gar's idea). When she walked downstairs and started to put on her shoes, Keeters trotted up to her, begging for pets.

Molly giggled as she pet his head. "Aw, Keeters."

She stopped petting him to finish putting on her shoes, so he trotted away. On her way out, she grabbed her purse, her phone, and her keys.

Back in his office, Wade had had another fit of extreme rage, accusing Gar of hacking as always. The others just laughed at Wade screaming (well, until Pat got pushed into a death block by Jp). When the game revealed that Gar had won (again), Pat yelled, "YOU HACKING SON OF A BITCH!" while Gar just laughed and cheered, "I'm the winner, yay!"

"SHUT UP!"

Wade sighed. "Why do we do this to ourselves?"

"I blame Gar!" Jp stated loudly.

"Why me?" Gar giggled.

"IT WAS YOUR FUCKING IDEA!" Pat yelled.

"Guess I have no friends now."

"Ya think?!"

"Why don't we play another round?" Jp suggested.

Everyone went silent until Gar said, "Why not, I already have no friends because of this."

Wade sighed. "Fine, let's do it."

They started up another game of it, already getting extremely salty in the first round. Somehow, Jp held the top spot for four or five rounds before Gar finally overtook him and stayed in the top spot. Midway through a round of Color Craze, Wade started noticing the color disappear from his world. He was puzzled at first until he realized that this could only mean one thing: his soulmate - Molly - has died. His breath hitched at the realization and grief filled him.

"Wade, you still there?" Pat asked, noticing that Wade had gone silent and stopped playing.

He took a shaky breath. "Yeah, I-I'm here."

Pat stopped playing. "You okay, buddy?"

"N-no."

"What happened?" Gar asked as he too stopped playing.

"T-the color f-faded from my world." He collapsed into sobbing.

No one spoke, the other three knowing what that meant. The only sound was Wade's sobbing until his phone rang. He answered it, knowing what awaited him.

"Hello, is this Wade Barnes?" a female on the other end asked.

Wade muted himself on Discord and answered, "Y-yeah."

"Your wife, Molly Barnes, got into a car accident. I'm sorry, but she didn't make it."

He hung up and tossed his phone on the ground, burying his face into his hands. He had forgotten about muting himself until Gar said, "I'm sorry this happened, Wade. I'll come to visit as soon as I can"

He unmuted himself and said, "Okay."

"I'll come too," Jp quietly said.

"Mk and I too," Pat added.

Wade wiped away the tears in his eyes. "Thanks, guys."

"No problem."

"I'm going to go now."

"Okay, we'll see you soon," Gar said.

A chorus of "bye"s echoed. Wade nodded his head and disconnected. He couldn't wait to see his friends in person, but in the meantime, he needed to do something to get his mind off of Molly.

~~~~~

A/N

Not gonna lie, I cried writing this. I feel horrible, but at the same time, I don't.

I'm an evil writer lol

Here's the prompt I used, by the way:

Well, anyways, please don't shoot me for this ;-;

~ Kat