Ch 1: Crossing Over

Braedey Martin stared out at his hometown of Coolsville. He couldn't bring himself to even think. It was too painful. If he tried to think, the memories would come back. Memories of those he loved... and those he lost.

'Mom, Dad, Grandpa Jackson, Jessie, Rex, Jane.' When Braedey tried to picture their faces, all he could see were their broken, mutilated, lifeless bodies. 'Why did you have to die? Why did you have to leave me? And why couldn't I save you?'

Braedey glanced down. He had been sitting on the roof of a building, he couldn't even remember where, five stories up. If he was in one of his powerful metal alien forms, he would be able to survive a five-story fall without a problem. But now, he was a human. Humans were much more fragile.

Braedey slowly tipped himself forward. As his body lost its connection to the building, and began its swift descent to the street.

'Don't worry, everyone.' Braedey thought. 'I'll see you all soon.'

As the ground neared, Braedey Martin saw a flash of blue light, and then saw nothing.

~*~*~
Metropolis

Braedey knew he wasn't dead. The dead don't feel pain, so that meant that he'd once again cheated death. Why was it that he couldn't die, but everyone that he cared about died?

As Braedey pulled himself off the ground, he took in his surroundings. He could tell that this wasn't Bellwood anymore. He would have remembered a building with a huge golden planet statue that towered high enough to be seen even in the alley he was in.

"Great." Braedey muttered. "Instead of killing myself, I wound up in who-knows-where." He began to make his way out of the alley, but he stopped at the sound of footsteps. He turned around to see several muscular men with bird wings coming out of their backs, and spears in their hands.

"Halt, human!" One of them shouted. "Show us your identification, or you will face punishment!" Braedey's anger, which had been simmering until now, boiled forth.

"You want to know who I am?" Braedey asked, raising his left arm to reveal a blue gauntlet with a blue angular and sharp metal face as the dial face, known as the Transformatrix. "I am..." he slammed down the dial, and the bird-men shielded their eyes from a bright blue flash, and heard the sound of shifting metal.

"STARSCREAM!" A new voice shouted. The aliens' eyes widened as they saw a 20ft tall silver robot with red highlights, wings on it's back, high-heel shaped feet, missiles on it's forearms, clawed fingers, a red fin in the centre of its helm, red optics and the same symbol in the centre of its grey chest.

Starscream raised his hands, and aimed his missiles at the aliens. "I'm also in the mood for fried chicken!" Then, as he clenched his index finger on both hands, the two rockets from his arms fire away, and the resulting explosion when they hit the ground blasted all of the aliens out of the alley and across the street. They hit the ground, smoldering and unconscious, but alive.

Starscream looked up to see a ship hanging in the air. It clearly wasn't human, if the bird-men flying protectively around it were any indication. Feeling that he still needed to vent some anger, the silver robot jumped into the air, and as gear shifting sounds echoed about, his entire form changed and shape shifted into that of an F-16 jet fighter, and with a loud sonic boom, launched himself into the air. He then focused his sights on his new target, and rocketed towards the ship.

~*~*~
Thanagarian Prison Shuttle

Six members of the Justice League, some of Earth's greatest heroes, had been defeated. They had been betrayed by Hawkgirl, one of their own. Trapped in a sphere of red sun radiation lay Superman, the Man of Steel. In another cell, Wonder Woman, Princess of the Amazons, was bound to a pole by her own indestructible lasso. Near her cell was the Flash, the Fastest Man Alive, pinned to the ground by gravity generators. Across from him lay the Martian Manhunter, the last son of Mars, held by metals that he could not phase through. At the end of the hall were the cells of Batman, the World's Greatest Detective, and Green Lantern. The Lantern had been stripped of his power ring, and was thus helpless. Batman was simply not seen as a threat. A sense of defeat hung in the air, along with silence.