Ch 30: An Unlimited Christmas

San Francisco

Ever since moving in with Braedey, Kara had only one wish for the holidays: to sleep in on Christmas day. Braedey, however, seemed determined to deny her that wish, if the gentle shoving she felt was anything to go by.

"Kara, wake up," Braedey whispered, "It's Christmas!"

"Ugh," Kara groaned, trying to bury herself in the covers, "Santa should give you coal for waking me up this early."

"But Kara," Braedey whined, "it's Christmas!"

As mature as Braedey normally was, and as much as Kara loved him, Braedey had a tendency to act like a child on Christmas, a trait that her fiancé shared with her cousin.

At first, Kara tried to ignore Braedey's gentle nudges, but Braedey noticed, and pulled out his ace in the hole; Kara felt another nudge on her other side.

"Zzz," Scrappy softly called out, and then Kara caved; she couldn't say no to the little alien.

"Okay, I'm waking up," she said as she sat up reluctantly, then gave Scrappy a hug; after doing so, she gave Braedey a glare. "You fight dirty."

"Hey, it worked, didn't it?" Braedey shrugged, "Now come on, we've got presents to unwrap and a party to get ready for!"

With that, he dashed out to the living room, where a tree stood with presents underneath. Sighing, Kara put on a robe and followed, where she found Braedey almost bouncing in excitement.

"Has anyone ever told you to act your age?" Kara asked.

"All the time," Braedey replied with a grin, "I just ignore them."

Kara couldn't help but smile as she sat next to her fiancé, who slid a present towards her.

"Merry Christmas, Kara," Braedey said, "but you should also thank Clark for this present, too."

Curious, Kara ripped the wrapping off of the small box, then opened it up to find a necklace; it was a simple silver chain, with a black, polished stone pendant on the end. The stone was pretty, but it didn't look like anything special; she looked at Braedey in confusion.

"Clark and I took a little trip a couple of weeks ago," he told her, "and we stopped at... Argo."

Kara was surprised that Braedey and Clark had visited her dead homeworld, considering there was nothing there, save for ice and corpses.

"I remembered that you still miss your home," Braedey went on, "So, I took a piece of stone and polished it and... here you are; you get to carry your home with you from now on."

Kara stared at the necklace, trembling slightly as tears welled up. It was true, she'd occasionally mentioned how much she missed her family and her people, but Braedey had gone through the trouble of finding the planet, then making a necklace with a piece of her home on it? Kara gently placed the box on the ground and wrapped Braedey in a hug.

"Thank you," she said, then kissed him, "I love it."

Kara held her hair out of the way, allowing Braedey to place the necklace on her.

"It looks good on you," Braedey said, earning himself another kiss, "but, then again, everything does."

"Flatterer," Kara said, one hand touching the pendant, while handing Braedey his present, "Merry Christmas, Braedey."

Braedey opened up the package and found a large picture frame, with several pictures in it. One had Braedey standing next to Kara, both of them grinning and holding hands, with Scrappy sitting on Ben's shoulder; another had a picture of Braedey and Kara, as well as the founding members of the League, though Shayera's wings were blocked, along with Ollie and Dinah. All of them were in civilian outfits, and were just having a good time; Braedey remembered how Wally had used a high-speed camera to take a picture before anyone noticed what he was doing, and it had taken a lot of convincing to keep Bruce from taking the camera.