7

Samantha's POV

"I don't wanna work with the boys!" One of the girls, Chloe, groans as we - all of us girls - make our way to the gym. "It's only for this lesson I believe, Chlo." I say as I open the gym doors, allowing everyone else to walk in first. "It better be." Another girl, Tanya, scoffs as she walks inside. I just sigh and shake my head before finally walking in.

The loud sounds of the boys wolf whistling/cat calling us invades my ears, making it hard to hear anything else. "They're disgusting." Ruby mutters in disgust. "They're just typical boys in my opinion. They'll stop soon." I say with a light chuckle. "They better." My other friend, Kat, says as she crosses her arms. "Just ignore them." I say with a shrug. "How?" Ruby asks. "Act like they're not there." I say, flashing her a small smile. "I'll try." Ruby says. I just chuckle as I watch her look around the room, trying to ignore the boys that're acting like utter dickheads. 

Soon enough, our gym teachers, Mr. Price and Mrs. Parker, walk in making the boys stop 'harassing' us. We all turn to face them.

"Get use to this everyone. You'll be working with one another for the whole year." Mrs. Parker says as she scans the room with her hazel eyes. "Hell no!" Chloe yells. "No thanks!" Another girl, Tiffany, yells. "I'll pass, thanks." Ruby says. "Ew, no." Kat says in a sassy tone. Other girls yell and voice their opinions. I just stand there, not bothered that we have to work with the boys. They won't do anything whilst a teacher is in the room anyway. 

Meanwhile, the boys cheer over the fact that they get to work with us girls. I chuckle quietly to myself at everyone's childish behavior. 

"Silence!" Mr. Price yells, making everyone go quiet. "Also, we're putting you into pairs." Mrs. Parker says. Groans escape the girls' mouths. I just shrug; being perfectly okay with that.

I make eye contact with Mrs. Parker. She nods at me with a smile. I smile back. She's always liked me. Probably because I don't complain as there's no point. 

"Right! Time to put you into your pairs now!" Mr. Price yells. Everyone goes silent and waits for their name to be called out. I look at all the girls. Judging by their faces, you'd think they're being sent to their deaths. The boys however look very excited; like they've just won the fucking lottery.

"Samantha Davis..." I hear Mrs. Parker call my name. I step forward. "You'll be working with..." She says before pausing. "Simon Minter." Mr. Price finishes. I turn to look at him. He steps forward with a smirk. "Stand with each other then." Mrs. Parker says. I nod before making my way over to him as I know he won't walk over to me.

I feel their (the boys') eyes on me, making me feel slightly uncomfortable, but not that uncomfortable. I just stand next to Simon in silence; not bothering to try and talk or even look at him. 

"This is going to be fun, isn't it, partner." He whispers into my ear. His warm breath tickles the back of my neck slightly. "Indeed it is, partner." I mutter back.