44

5:25PM

Twenty-five minutes past five rolls around. The dinner ladies are handing out today's dinner: pizza and chips with whatever drink you ask for. 

One of the dinner ladies, Donna, walks over with her little trolley with the food on it, plus the drinks available. She swiftly hands out the pizza to everyone on the table, and then asks what drink everyone wants. Most just say water. JJ asks for orange juice. Simon asks for apple juice. Samantha doesn't have a drink. Donna sorts everyone's drink out before walking off (obviously). 

Quiet murmurs coming from nearby tables fill the room. Most people are too fixated on eating than talking. 

-

5:35PM

Thirty-five minutes past five rolls around. The other guys have left to do whatever, leaving Simon and Samantha on their own again. 

He waits patiently for her to finish eating. She's a very slow eater compared to him.

-

5:45PM

The pair sit on the field under the only blossom tree in the school. 

They sit opposite each other. He leans up against the tree as he sparks up a cigarette. She just sits and watches as he does that. 

"You should really quit, you know." She mumbles as he inhales the toxic chemical. "One day I will." He says as he exhales the smoke. She just sighs at his response as she looks up. 

Thousands of delicate pink petals rest above her. Some slowly fall to the ground due to the wind blowing harshly against them. It's a beautiful sight to her. 

Meanwhile, he just watches her. Every now and then, he'll glance up at the tree and then back at her. She thinks the tree is beautiful. He thinks she's beautiful. He thinks she's the most beautiful girl he's laid his eyes on in a long time: since Ruby to be exact.

"Babe..." He softly mutters. "Hmm?" She hums back as she looks back at him. "I love you, so much." He smiles softly at her as he takes her hand with his free one. "I love you too, babe." She smiles softly back at him. "Like, you're the most beautiful girl I've laid my eyes on." He says, almost like a whisper. "Sappy much?" She lightly chuckles. "I know," he chuckles. "But, it's true babe." He says with a loving grin. Her face turns a light shade of pink/red. "You're blushing." He lightly chuckles. "Shut up." She mutters as she hides her face with her free hand. He stubs his cigarette out before removing her hand from her face with his now free hand. "Babe, don't cover your face." He says as he holds her hands. "Stop making me blush then." She says, making him chuckle. "It's adorable though." He smiles at her. "Yes, yes you are." She smiles back at him. 

-

Slightly short, but cute?