Chapter 10

Life went as normally as the time would allow, which wasn't very normal in their current situation. Lilly and I spent more time together to make up for Leo's month away. I often took missions with either Lilly or some of my new friends. We were moderately content for a while in Treasure Town.

The news was deemed trustworthy again. Ever since the old governor was taken from office, the media has reflected these changes. The previous governor, an abomnasnow was too much of a pacifist to fight the humans. Our new leader was much more firm and would take action against the humans. Mallard Timph, a gumshoos, would lead the pokémon to victory.

I trusted that I wouldn't have to fight in the war again. Timph had launched an attack on the humans only days after he was put in office.

Although the media had been changed for the better, it still brought bad news.

"... a new reporter at Fenniken News, has updates about the war."

It was clear that this reporter was inexperienced. Overall, the humans were tougher than expected. The four strongholds that my team had taken down were apparently four of the weakest human bases. They were supposed to be "hidden" and guarded storages filled with resources. At least we'd deprived them of a portion of their resources!

I took my mind off of it. I trusted that we would pull through. I turned the television off. Lilly was the only one home. She took no interest in the news.

"I'm going to say it out loud this time - don't you think about it," Lilly said.

"I'm gonna say this out loud - I'm not," I replied.

With Lilly reassured, we took a walk through town. There was nothing out if the ordinary. A simple walk could be enjoyed. The walk continued until a woman's beckoning (and very slightly aged) voice called out.

"Ay, riolu!" The pokémon called. There was a bit of liveliness in her voice. "Riolu's?"

I turned my head to where the voice was coming from. My head was turned to the front porch of a simple town house. Sitting there was a servine. Lilly was looking, too.

"The two 'a you aren't too busy, are you?" The servine asked.

I shook my head. "We aren't!" Lilly answered. We turned our step to her.

"Oh, sit if you'd like. I've a story if you have long," We sat. "Ya know, you two remind me of this one riolu I met a long while back. Firstly, there was a zoroark. He had stolen a valuable source of extreme power. As we know, power corrupts,"

She launched into story.

She had once worked for one of the leading crime investigation and apprehension agencies at the time. As an agent, it was her and her teammates' job to put an end to this zoroark's chaos. The team was composed of other agents and volunteer pokémon. The road there was an icy one. On the way, a skilled riolu had cleared their path of meddling ice-types. The riolu was the main point of her story, but in the end, Zoroark was defeated by her number one partner, a pikachu.

A raichu had emerged from the inside.

"Took you long enough," The servine commented.

"Yeah, yeah, at least I didn't fall asleep," He replied. He joined us.

This raichu was indeed the one from the story.

"So that's it! Twenty years later, here we are now!" She finished. "I remember the riolu introduced herself as Lucy,"

My heart skipped a beat. I contained it.

"Hey, that's your mom's name, isn't it?" Lilly blurted. This comment had both Servine and Raichu visibly excited.

"Mmhm!" I answered.

This made Servine audibly excited.

"Ah! And she lives in town?" She inquired.

"She does,"

"I need to see her again! I never got to thank her properly for leading us through that dungeon," She said. "She was an enjoyable pokémon and I hated seeing her part from us,"

Lucy was easily found in town, which wasn't a big place

She came face to face with Servine, Raichu, Lilly, and I near Kangaskhan's Storage.

"That you, Lucy?" Servine was the first to speak. "From the society?"

Lucy cracked a grin. "How long's it been since then? Twenty years?"

Reunition was beautiful. They all caught up on life and revisited.

"So it happened," Lucy was satisfied. "I shipped it the whole time,"

Servine and Raichu laughed at this.

"Yeah, I did, too," Raichu chuckled.

"I could tell that much, the way you always got all smiley around me," Servine added.

Meeting old friends must've been great, but the story that Servine told got me. I wanted this in my life. I had to make a decision that very night.

I would not gather my team. I was unsatisfied with what little that I had done in my life, but breaking my promise to Lilly for a second time would yield bad results. I had my entire world to protect, but it would be half gone if I tried to.