Chapter One

Hailee's POV:

Hours. It's been hours. Kidding! It's actually been five minutes. "I'm bored." I whine. My mum turns in her seat to look at me before replying with. "I don't care Hailee!" My dad simply rolls his eyes and continues to focus on the road. My mum and I have never really seen eye to eye with anything. We've never properly gotten along, I think her breaking point was when I told her I wanted to go to an art school instead of becoming a Lawyer. When I had told her that art was my passion she was furious. Actually, scratch that, she was livid. If looks could kill I would be six feet under. "Can you at least put music on or something?" I ask in a bored tone. My mum pretends that she doesn't hear me. "Ugh!" I groan moodily. I look out of my window and watch the blurry trees pass by. "I'm hungry." I state. Once again, I am rudely ignored.

I am woken up by the soft voice of my mother whispering into my ear. Just kidding. "Wake up." My mother's loud voice yells into my ear while being shaken violently back and forth in my seat. I groan and open my eyes lazily. "We're here!" My mum yells in my ear. My head is throbbing. "Okay, jeez mum, you're gonna make me deaf." I complain, holding onto my poor head. My mum rolls her eyes and moves out of my way so I can get out of this stuffy car. Me, being the clumsy person I am, fell out of the car and face planted the concrete ground. I really hope no one saw that.

The door swings open to my dorm room, revealing a room with two beds, two TV's and a bathroom. I drag one of my suitcases to the right side of the room, putting my heavy suitcase and my backpack on my chosen bed. "Babygirl...just...come visit as much as you can okay?" My dad says, a stray tear rolling down his cheek. "I will, I love you dad." I sob, tears spilling from my eyes, while throwing myself into his arms. I'm going to really miss him. Call me a daddy's girl, I don't care. My dad has been my only friend for about four years, after what happened at my old school.

"Bye daddy." I say, hugging him tightly. "Bye baby." He says, reluctantly letting me go. My mum and I exchange some kind of awkward half hug. I wave weakly to my parents before they close the door to my room quietly. A few minutes went by when a short girl came stumbling in to the room. She dropped her bags and collapsed to the floor. "Oh my gosh! Here, let me help you." I exclaim, already rushing towards her. Once we have her bags on her bed I decide to introduce myself. "I'm Hailee." I saw cheerfully. I hope I can actually make friends here. "I-I'm Chloe." The pretty girl replies. I smile kindly before starting a conversation with Chloe. She seems very shy. "What's your favorite color?" She asks curiously. After about an hour she stopped stumbling when she spoke. "Blue, what's yours?" I ask. "Purple!" Chloe squeals. I laugh a little before continuing with the conversation.

We spoke for around three hours before we finally went to sleep. I think Chloe and I will get along just fine. I think while drifting off into a peaceful sleep.