Chapter Fifteen

Hailee's POV:

"Where have you been?" My dad asks, standing from his seated position on the couch. "Dad, I'm about to tell you something that we can't do anything about just yet okay." I say, rushing out my words. My dad nods his head suspiciously. "Chloe get's abused by her parents, but she doesn't want to go to the police about it because she still loves them." I say as Chloe walks into the room. My dad's eyes widen at the sight of her bruises. "Holy cow." He says. Chloe laughs shyly before replying with. "Tell me about it, this is probably the worst beating they have ever given me." A tear slips from her eye quickly, but I still saw it. "Chloe, you need to tell the police." My dad states in the tone I've learnt to know means that he won't take no for an answer. "Dad, I've already told her that, what if we came up with another idea?" I suggest, trying to reason with my stubborn father. He nods his hea and we spend hours trying to thing of a suitable desision, but we come up short.

It's Monday today. Ugh. School. "Hailee. Hailee. HAILEE!" A voice yells in my ear. "Ugh, keep it down." I grumble rubbing my now aching head. I throw a pillow at Chloe's face which causes her to laugh. But she fell off of her bed which caused me to laugh loudly.

"Okay class, today we have a new student. Her name is Hope." Our teacher announces once everyone is settled in their seats. My head snaps up ti the front of the class. No no no no no. "Why are you saying no?" Chloe and Blake ask at the same time. If I"m being fully honest I actually had no idea that I was saying it out loud. "Um." I say, looking away from my friends and sinking down in my chair praying to the gods that Hope doesn't see me. Luck was definitely not on my side. "Hailee, omg." Hope says standing in front of my table. "Hope." I say coldly, glaring at her. "That's not a very nice hello to your best friend now is it?" Hope says smirking. "Oh please, you're the reason I was bullied for three and a half years, if anything, you're dead to me." I say furiously. "We are no longer best friends." I finish standing up and leaving the classroom. "Hailee, wait up." I turn around to see my three favorite people. Tyler, Blake and Chloe. "You came after me?" I ask a little shoked. They all nod, and I know what they are about to ask. I sigh before telling them the full story.

"Hope and I used to be the best of friends. We would do everything together, and we loved the same things. Then one day, Hope changed and told everyone my secrets and started bullying me. I couldn't tell the principal because he's Hope's dad. I mean, I tried to tell him but he wouldn't believe me. Then, because the while school knew my secrets, they also started to bully me." I say, hot tears burning in my eyes, threatening to fall. Tyler is quick to run up to me and give me a hug. But the thing is, the comfort of his hug made the tears fall. This isn't something I'm used to. I don't know how to show my emotions, but here I am, clinging onto Tyler while I bawl my eyes out in the middle of the hallway, with the three people I trust by my side. Blurry looking people are walking past us, giving weird looks but I don't care. I sniffle. And again, and again. Tears are still flowing freely from my eyes.