Chapter Four

Tyler's POV:

"I'm home!" I yell. "Uh oh." I hear a soft voice say from the kitchen. I walk in to see a mess. It was so messy it actually looked like a bomb had hit it. Great. "What happened in here?" I ask, amusement clear in on my face. "Uhh...food fight?" Toby, my five year old brother, says. "Without me?" I ask, faking hurt. "Awww Ty-Ty, I'm sawy." He says hugging my legs. I smile, bending down to his height. I give hime a huge hug. "How about you go get yourself cleaned up for bed." I say, still smiling. Toby nods his head before running upstairs.

I pick up an egg shell from the ground, putting it in the bin. "He's being bullied again." My grandma Jane says. I nod my head sadly. "I'll clean this up, you go upstair and talk to Toby." Grandma Jane orders. I turn on my heel and walk upstairs.

"Hey buddy." I say softly. "Hi." He says happily. "How have you been bud?" I ask, already knowing the answer. "They saying mean things again." Toby says, his smile disappearing completely from his face. I nod my head sadly before hugging him. "I love you buddy, okay, you might not have parents, but you have me." I say, carrying him to his bed. "What book tonight." I ask, knowing this will cheer Toby up. "Ooooh, this one, this one." Toby squeals. I nod my head, grabbing the book from Toby's small hands. I open the first page and begin reading The Greedy Cat.

Toby yawns, kisses my cheek and closes his eyes. I pull his blanket over his body before kissing his forehead and closing the door to his room. I sigh sadly and slide down the door to the floor. I satyed there for a few hours. I need someone to talk to. Blake never has his phone when he's with his family. Ugh. Hailee? I decide to call her. Pick up...pick up. *Click* "Hi." A tired voice answers. "Did I wake you up?" I ask, already knowing the answer. "No, no, I was totally awake at THREE in the morning, because, ya know, that's normal." Came Hailee's sarcastic reply. "Oh, how I live for your sarcasim Hails." I reply back, smirking. We talk for about three hours, laughing at everything. "Is it really six o'clock?" Hailee asks, yawning. I pull my phone away from my ear to look at the time. "Yup." I reply, popping the 'p.' "Oh my gosh, I gotta go, I always go swimming in the lake at this time!" Hailee says excitedly. I can't help but smile. That girl is definitely something. "Bye Hails." I say while yawning. "Byeeee." Hailee squeals excitedly.

Hailee's POV"

"CHLOE WAKE UP." I yell for the tenth time. "Ugh, seriously Hailee, I'm trying to sleep." Chloe groans, rolling over to the other side of the bed. "CHLOE GET YOUR LAZY BUTT UP, WE'RE GOING SWIMMING." I yell, knowing that will get her up. Chloe and I have lots in common, like we both love to swim. She shot out of bed, already to her backpack full of clothes. I was already changed. "Ready." She chirps, obviously forgetting that she was tired.