Chapter Thirteen

Hailee's POV:

"Ouch." Tyler whines for the sixth time. "Oh shut up you big baby." I say laughing slightly while dabbing a wet cloth on his wound a few more times. "There, all done." I say, standing up from my seated position. Tyler's hand wraps around my wrist and he spins me around to face him. "Well hello." I say a little surprised. Tyler smirks before leaning in and capturing my lips with a kiss. Somehow Tyler and I made it to my side of the room. Tyler slowly lowers me on the bed, his lips never leaving mine. "Oh my god, my eyes!" Chloe screams walking into the room ruining the moment. "I'll uh, leave you two alone." Chloe says closing the door behind her, probably going to look for Blake. "So." Tyler says, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. I laugh slightly before rolling my eyes. I lean in close to Tyler and whisper. "Just shut up and kiss me." Tyler smiles before closing the gap between us, kissing me passionately.

Later that night Chloe came back into the dorm room quietly. "What's up?" I ask, lifting my head from my book. Chloe shrugs. Okay something is definitely up. "Chloe-." I trail off not knowing what to say. She breaks down in tears, gasping for air. "Awww Chloe, tell me everything." I say collecting her in a hug. "My parents are coming to see me." She says shaking. "Do you want me to be there with you so you feel safer?" I ask worried. Chloe's parents have abused her for a while now. She nods her head quickly. I tighten my hold on my best friend as she cries even harder than before, still gasping for air.

"Chloe." A woman says, walking into the dorm room. "Hello mother, hello father." Chloe says distantly. "How has school been going?" The couple ask, still not acknowledging my presense. "Fine." Chloe says coldly, although I can see her shaking from where I am postioed on my bed. "Right, I don't care for your tone young lady." The woman says stepping closer. Chloe's father reaches out and grabs his wife's hand before motioning where I am sitting with his head. "Oh, right. Could you leave us alone for a few hours, we have A LOT of catching up to do." Chloe's mother says with an evil glint in her eyes. "No, I'm sorry, but I live in here with Chloe, so I will not be leaving my room. Also, Chloe has told me many things about you so as far as I'm concerned you can be the ones to leave." I say, sticking up for my best friend. I glance at Chloe through the corner of my eye to see her smiling gratefully at me. I stand up from my bed and walk across the room to sit next to her. Chloe's parents huff before finally agreeing for me to stay. They each take a seat at the end of Chloe's bed. I could feel Chloe tense up beside me.

"We better get going." Paul, Chloe's father, says quite rudely. "Okay." Chloe responds. "Give me a hug, I don't have all day." Natalia, Chloe's mother, says impatiently. Chloe walks up to her and hesitantly puts her arms around her mother's neck.

Chloe's POV:

"Give me a hug, I don't have all day." My mother says impatienly. Like she has anywhere else to go. I walk up to the people I am forced to call my parents. I decide to hug my mum first, knowing she would be the angriest out of my parents. I throw my arms hesitantly around my mother's neck. "She won't be around all of the time, we'll be back then." My mother threatens. Great. I then walk up to my father, once again throwing my arms around his neck, like I did with my mum. "You better watch your back." He threatens. I can actually feel my face go pale, that's how scared I am of my so-called parents.