Chapter Nine

Hailee's POV:

Hey Toby." I say as I walk in. "Can I tell you something?" I ask. Toby nods his head, patting his bed for me to sit down. "I hear you're getting bullied at school?" I ask just to make sure. Toby looks down, nodding his head weakly. Tyler and Jane sit at the end of Toby's bed. "I know what it feels like." I say. "I was bullied for three and a half years at my old school." I pause to take a breath. "You can't listen to what they say. I know it hurts a lot when people say mean stuff, but if you ignore them, they will get bored." I say. Toby nods his head and smiles slightly. "Do you get what I'm saying sweety?" I ask. "Yeah." Toby says before he yawns. He kisses my cheek lightly. "Goodnight Hailee." Toby says while his eyes flutter shut. "Goodnight Toby." I say before following the others out of Toby's room.

Tyler and I are sitting on Tyler's bed. "Did you really get bullied?" Tyler suddenly asks. "Yeah, by the whole school." I reply. "Why?" Tyler asks curiously. I shrug. "My old bestfriend decided to turn on me one day and made the whole school hate me. "She told everyone my secrets and things that weren't true too." I say, a stray tear leaving my eye. Tyler wipes the tear off of my cheek and moves closer. "Toby is bullied because he doesn't have parents." Tyler says. "What?" I ask carefully. "Our dad is in prison and our mother left when Toby was just born." Tyler says. My eyes widen. Just as I was about to ask something Tyler cutes me off. "My dad murdered someone." Tyler says. Wow. "But he was never really a part of my life, Toby has never met him." I nod my head in understanding. "Let's talk about something else or do something?" I suggest. Tyler nods his head quickly, making me laugh.

And that's how we ended up playing Call of Duty for the rest of the night. "Ha! Beat that!" I yell in victory for the tenth time. "How are you so good at this?" Tyler asks. I shrug. "I got skillssssss." I say in a sing-song voice. Tyler rolls his eyes before standing up and walking toawrds me. "Wanna play just dance?" Tyler asks with a straight face. I couldn't help but break down in laughter. "R-really Tyler." I say through my laughter. I look up at Tyler...Big mistake! I ended up laughing even harder than what I was before.