Chapter Three

Hailee's POV:

Friday. I love Friday's. Chloe, Blake, Tyler and I have become the inseperable group of friends during the week. "You going home for the weekend Hails?" Blake asks. He quickly became a brother to me, I eel like I can trust him with everything. I nod my head happily. I really miss my dad. "What about you?" I ask. Blake nods his head. We continue walking to our dorm rooms. Chloe and Tyler are waiting for us in the boys dorm room. Blake's eyes light up as soon as he sees Chloe.

"Bye guys!" I say waving to Blake and Tyler. Chloe and I are going to my place for the weekend because Chloe had no where else to goas her family isn't exactly the ideal family. "Bye!" They yell back. I tell the taxi driver the address before sitting back, putting my earphones in and blasting music in my ears. This. This is how I like to travel.

"Mum? Dad?" I yell once I open the door. "I'm home!" I yell louder. My dad runs into vie and picks me up. He spins me around a few times, yelling "My baby is home, she's home!" He finally puts me down, noticing Chloe. "Who's this?" He asks motioning to Chloe. "Dad, this is Chloe, my best friend." I say, smiling widely. My dad looks at me, then to Chloe, then back to me, before finally resting his eyes on Chloe. "Finally!" My dad yells running up to Chloe, pulling her into a hug. Chloe looks shocked once he finally lets the poor girl breathe.

Later that night my mum comes home. Her hair messy, which is very unusual for her. I decide to just let this slip. "What's something I don't know about you?" Chloe asks curiously. "Um, well, I was bullied by my whole school." I say softly. "Wow, really?" Chloe asks. I nod my head. "What about you, what's something I don't know about you?" I ask. Chloe thinks for a while before replying. "My family abuse me since the day my older brother died." She says sadly. "Who else knows?" I ask. "No one, you're my best friend, so I told you." She says, a lone tear falling from her eye. It wasn't long until she was crying uncontrollably. I rush towards her and collect her into my arms. I hold onto her while she crys into my shoulder, soaking the fabric of my shirt. "Shhh, it's okay, you can come here with me whenever you want, okay?" I coo, trying to calm her down. Everything makes sense now. Her being shy and flinching everytime she talks about her family. She nods her head weakly, falling silently to sleep. I lay her head down on a pillow and cover her in a blanket before walking out of my room to catch up with my dad.

"Hey babygirl." He says when I walk into the kitchen. "Hi dad." I say, a grin making it's way onto my tired face. "How has school been?" He asks carefully. He's worried about me being bullied at this school too. "It's been great!" I say happily. "I've made great friends." I say, my grin widening even more. "Really? What are their names?" My dad asks, a grin also spreading onto his face. "Blake, he's like a brother to me, Tyler, and Chloe, my best friend, and roommate." I say. I swear, my smile can't get anymore bigger. "That's amazing princess." Dad says happily. I nod before excusing myself to go to my room.