Chapter 1

A/N: I AM AWARE THIS STORY IS LIKE THE CINDERELLA STORY STARRING SELENA GOMEZ ALRIGHT? AS THIS STORY PROGRESSES, IT CHANGES AND STRAYS AWAY FROM THE MOVIE'S STORYLINE. NOW WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, ENJOY THE STORY.

——————

"Jordyn. There's laundry to do." my step-sister Maia said.

"Okay." I sighed.

My life took a complete 180° after my dad died. I hate drunk drivers. They're so selfish. Things haven't been the same since.

My stepmom and her daughters have treated me like their maid these past few years now. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up before I go even more insane.

Dyl Pickle: are you ready for tonight?

Dylan is my best friend. He was there for me through it all. My dad's death, first breakup, epic meltdowns, all that stuff. I don't know what I would do without him to be completely honest.

Me: idk anymore Dyl

Dyl Pickle: wdym

Me: idk it's tonight... and we don't even have dates. Guys don't even know I exist. I don't even fit in here, so why pretend like I do??

Dyl Pickle: you're going to the ball. Everyone's gonna be wearing masks and no one will know who's who anyway so you've got nothing to lose.

Me: idk bro...

Dyl Pickle: the dress my sister ordered for you came in two days ago. You're going. I'm dragging you w me

Me: Dylan, no. I don't really wanna go. School dances are overrated.

Dyl Pickle: says the one that wants to be a dancer

Me: first of all, that has nothing to do w the dance tyvm. second, with everything these people have me doing, it's a miracle just being able to find the time to sneak into dance class.

Dyl Pickle: in the end, it's all up to you. I just wanna have some fun w you bc this could be our last semester together ever :-(

Me: I have to actually get into the school before you get emo abt this.

Dyl Pickle: u rite

I walked out of my room to get the laundry that I apparently had to do.

"Thinking about going to the ball?" my other step sister Madison asked.

"Not really. School dances are overrated."

"Oh but didn't Dylan's sister already buy you a dress?" she twisted her hair.

"How did you know about that?"

"You really shouldn't link your iMessage on your phone to your laptop."

"That is an invasion of privacy."

"You don't pay the bills."

"Neither do you." she stayed quiet, "now if you don't mind. I have laundry to fold." I walked away.

I came back to my room and saw my step-mother Laura sitting on my bed.

"Can I help you?"

"I heard you were planning on going to the ball tonight."

"Why is everyone all up in my business?" I groaned.

"I'm gonna need you to finish cleaning the house first and finish folding that laundry."

"What do you want me to clean? I've cleaned every room in this house."

"Not my bedroom."

She made me walk with her.

"Laura. This is a complete mess. I'm not going to finish this in time to go to the dance."

"Well, isn't that unfortunate? It's not like you had a date to go with anyway right? Execpt your loser friend. What's is name? Dan?" she scoffed.

I texted Dylan, "I don't think I'll be able to go tonight. Laura's making me clean her room and it's literally a giant mess."

I put gloves on and started cleaning. This is probably going to take forever. How does she even find a spot on this bed to sleep let alone walk around. There were mountains of laundry in everywhere. I paused for a second to catch my breath.

After 3 hours of cleaning, the doorbell rang.

"Dylan? What are you doi– is that my dress?"

"Yup." he said popping the "p".

"You should at least go to the ball even if I'm not going. You can't clean up this mess alone."

"Jordyn... who said I was alone?" he stepped to the side and revealed cleaners. "This is our family friend and his coworkers, he offered to help after he heard me tell my sister about you not going to the dance."

"You did this all for me?"

"Mhm."

"I love you."

"Oh I know. Now go put this on so we can go."

"Laura's going out with her lameass boyfriend, so I need to be back here before she gets back and grounds me for who knows how long."

"We'll leave at like 11."

Ethan's POV

"You think we're going to meet anyone here tonight?" I asked Grayson.

"I don't know. Maybe if we're lucky. But if we do, we're gonna have to cop those digits. Everyone here's in a mask so we won't know who that mystery girl could be."

"What's that spotlight o–" I paused.

"Who is that?"

"I don't know, but I'm determined to find out."

She walked over here to get some punch.

"Hi."

"Hello." she grabbed a cup.

"You look nice. That dress is very pretty."

"Thanks. Your mask looks nice." she smiled.

"Thank you."

Jordyn's POV

I turned to Dylan, "What do I do?"

"Anything. Here's your chance to meet a Prince Charming or something."

I turned back around, "I don't usually come to these things." The music got louder.

"What?"

"Do you want some punch?" I asked not realizing he already had some, but thank the lord he didn't hear me.

"Do you–" the music got lower again, "do you wanna dance?"

"Yeah. Sure." I took his hand and went to the dance floor.

-----

Masterlist:

Jack G
Holding Back
Redemption (sequel to HB)

Ethan
No Place Like Us
One Night
Love Game

Grayson
Changes
Find My Way Back
A Little Too Not Over You
I Like Me Better
Remember
No Control

Kian
Crush

Tom Holland
Back To You

Peter Parker
Right Now
Secrets

Harry Holland
Been Here All Along
Dear Harry,