Chapter 32

Jordyn's POV

"I think I'm gonna go home for a bit. Make sure all my stuff there is cleared out."

"Do you want us to come with you?" Dylan asked.

"No, it's okay. I'll call if anything." I got in my car and left.

I drove back to my house and looked around to see if there was anything I missed. I didn't exactly spot anything but there was one thing that caught my eye. It was a graduation letter from my dad.

"How did this survive?" I walked over and picked it up.

My Jordyn,

You're all grown up now. Moving on to a new chapter of your life. I'm glad to be a part of it. As your dad, I'm here to root you on and watch you succeed. Not abandon you and point out every single mistake you've made and not help guide you into the right direction. That's not me. That may be other peoples' dad, but not your old man writing this card for you. No matter what you decide to do, know that I'm gonna be your #1 fan. Just don't do anything that'll get you or the two of us in trouble. I don't want you to be selling drugs or anything, that's where I draw the line.

Funny how I'm writing this after your 5th grade promotion, which is nowhere near your graduation. I don't know what I'm doing, you still have 7 more years. Oh well. I love you, and I will love you forever.

Love,
Your #1 fan

I teared up reading that. He was suppose to be here for this. He was suppose to be here for one of the biggest moments of my entire life.

"Jord..." Madison walked in.

I wiped my tears, "What?"

"This is for you." she brought in two baskets. "I was hoping you'd come back. Not to sound like a stalker or anything."

"It's too late for a peace offering."

"No. I got this as a thank you. For everything you've done. My mom and sister may not have appreciated you and probably never will, but I do–well, did– so thank you. For allowing us to stay in this house of yours, and nothing we say or do will be enough to repay you." she handed me a basket. "And this one was from your dad, that letter was suppose to be in here. I guess it fell out."

I looked at her, "What?"

"Yeah, he left this in your room and I thought I'd at least save this for you. Graduation's a big deal." she lightly chuckled and handed me the other basket.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." she began to walk out, "Oh, and good luck at that dance academy. You're gonna do great."

"Thank you. Where are you guys going to school?"

"No where fancy. Maia and I don't have talent like you, so we aren't going far. Plus, if you're gone, who's suppose to help around the house?"

"Good luck." I smiled.

"Thanks." she turned around and walked out.

I brought all the stuff into the car and opened my dad's basket first. On top was a tassel keychain. The basket had: a teddy bear with glasses and a graduation cap, a fake, blue flower lei, and some other random things.

"Thanks, Baba."

Ethan's POV

Later that day, Grayson and I went out to dinner with our family.

"I can't believe you two are now high school graduates." my mom said.

"You were just two little rascals making these weird Bob and Rob videos yesterday and now you're two rascals that have graduated." Cameron pitched in.

"Wow we went from 'little rascals' to 'graduated rascals'. What an upgrade." Grayson said sarcastically.

"You should've invited your girlfriend. It would've been nice to meet her." my dad said.

"Maybe some other time."

"How is she?" my mom asked.

"She's doing good."

"What's she like?" my dad took a sip of his water.

"There are honestly no words that can describe her. I love her so much."

"Wow is it that serious?" Cameron asked.

"It's only been a few months but I'm hoping it'll be more."

"Where's she going to school?"

"A dance school that's like 3-5 hours away." I poked my food.

"Aww sweetie, everything's gonna be okay." my mom wiped her mouth.

"Yeah, that's what everyone's been telling me."

the following week

I rang the door to the Hawthorne residence.

"Hey. Come in." Taylor opened the door, "Jordyn's packing her stuff in the room right now."

"Thanks." I walked into her room. "Hey you."

"Hey you." she got up and kissed me. "What's that?"

"Not that you're leaving yet, but this is one of my sweatshirts I wanted to give you."

"Active? Isn't that brand pricey?"

"Yeah well, it was a nice shirt. So I got it. And your favorite color blue and it reminded me of you, which is another reason why I got it. It even smells like me."

"As much as I would like to take it, it's not gonna smell like you by the time I leave." she hugged me. "Keep it for the next few days."

Jordyn's POV

"Okay." he smiled, "do you need help packing?"

"It's just some of my little personal belongings." I shrugged.

"And that picture of you and your dad? The one that brought us together?"

"You actually remembered that."

"How could I forget?"