Chapter 9

Jordyn's POV

Laura barged into my room.

"The lack of privacy in this house is ridiculous."

"Why did you fight my girls?"

I rolled my eyes, "they were in my territory saying shit I didn't like."

"If you dare lay a hand on my daughters ever again, I'm going to–"

"Going to what? Kick me out of the house? In case you forgot, my name is also on the papers my dad signed. So technically, this property is mine." I stepped towards her, "I could kick you out of the house anytime I want to. But I'm a good person. So I'm allowing you to stay."

I don't know where all this confidence and rebellious behavior came from, but I'm loving it.

"I will find a way around that contract. I will manipulate it so the tables would be reversed and you will regret everything. You'll be living on the streets and become a street rat like Aladdin."

"But things worked out for him in the end. So if you're comparing me to Aladdin, things are gonna work out just fine for me... Jafar." I smirked.

"What did you just call me?"

"Oh nothing, nothing, Jafar. I think you have guests waiting for you in the living room."

Ethan's POV

Dylan was acting a little odd when we were talking about Jordyn. Does he have feelings for her too? I think if that's the case, I need to back off. He's known her longer so he has the right. And stealing his girl would be against guy code.

"Just in time for dinner." my mom walked out of the room.

"We wanted to make sure all of you were here for this." my dad took a seat.

Grayson, Cameron, my mom, and I took a seat after she brought out the food.

"What do you mean?" Cam looked at him.

"So, as you three know I went to the doctor's today because I've been feeling a little sick lately. A few weeks ago, they told me to come in to take a sample of my blood."

I took a bite of my food.

"And..." he inhaled, "the doctor broke the news that I have cancer."

I placed my fork on the table. Grayson stared at his food. Cameron was on the verge of tears. I didn't know how to take all of this in. I don't think anyone in this room knew how to take all of this in.

"Are there any treatments for it?" Grayson looked at him.

"I'm a work in progress. Don't worry. I'm going to be fine."

"I... I don't know how to take all of this in." I said, looking at my plate.

"It's okay. I'm gonna be fine and healthy and cancer free before you know it."

"Excuse me." I got up and walked to my room. I flopped onto my bed. I'm so worried.

After a few minutes there was a knock on my door.

"Come in."

"Ethan." my dad walked in. He took a seat next to me.

"Dad, I'm not okay right now. I could lose you." I began to tear up, "I don't wanna lose you. You've made such an impact on my life. And it's not just because you're my father, but you're also someone I hold so close to my heart. I can trust you with anything and you wouldn't judge me. You've helped shaped me to the person I am today. I can't lose you."

"You're not going to lose me. They're gonna find a way to treat me and I'll be as good as new okay?" he got up, "come on. Dinner's waiting for you downstairs. Don't want that stuff getting cold now do we?"

Jordyn's POV

Monday rolled in and it was time for gov. I took my seat and noticed Ethan wasn't here today. Maybe he's sick or something.

Tuesday came by and Ethan still wasn't here. He hasn't texted me or anything. There was no form of communication. I'm getting worried.

It's Wednesday now and he came back.

"E? Is everything okay?"

"What? Yeah." he cleared his throat, "I'm fine."

"Are you su–"

"I said I'm fine."

I turned back to face the board. The period went by so slow. I couldn't even focus. The whole time I was more focused on why Ethan's being this way.

Once the bell rang, I grabbed all my stuff and quickly walked out of there. I didn't realize how fast I was going until I bumped into someone.

"Whoa. Slow down there, speed racer." Dylan said, "What's the rush?"

"Ethan's just being weird and rude and I don't know what's going on. Like did I do something wrong or?"

His face completely dropped. "I told him, the only thing I asked of him, was not to hurt you."

"He didn't hurt me, Dyl. I'm not offended by his actions. I just don't know why he's being this way? I'm not even his girlfriend and I'm worried."

"I would be too. It's okay."

"He seemed fine Saturday. He didn't feel the need to text me that our plans were off on Monday either. I don't know what's going on and quite frankly, I don't wanna push him and make him tell me what's going on."

I noticed Dylan balling his fist, "yeah but still. I don't like this."

"Is everything alright?" I stopped.

"This just has me rallied up that's all."

"We've been friends for over 15 years. You know you can come to me for anything. And I know when there's more to your story." I sighed, "so what's up?"

He held out his arm. I walked over and slipped my arm through.

"I don't wanna tell you right now. Mostly because I'm not ready yet. But I will eventually. I promise."