Chapter 7

Ethan's POV

I'm glad that Jordyn was the one under that mask. She's so sweet and we have a lot in common. She's not the type of girl that loves brand name stuff, she's simplistic.

I dropped her off at her house and sped off so that her sisters don't see me.

Me: how would you feel if I asked Jordyn out on a few more dates?

Dylan: irdc. Just don't hurt her or do anything to take advantage of her, she's gone through so much

Me: like??

Dylan: not my stories to tell

Me: alright, I respect that

Dylan: why are you asking me anyway?

Me: bc I don't wanna do anything that you wouldn't approve of. You're her best friend, idk if that made sense

Dylan: uhhh... sure

I'd like to hang out with her again. To get to know her even more than I did today. She doesn't seem "insecure" or "clingy" or has a "low self-esteem". She's so precious and fragile, I don't wanna see her get hurt.

Me: so let's say you and I hang out again? 🤔

Jord: down :)

Me: when?

Jord: how bout Monday after school? The girls have "dance practice"

Me: why is that in quotes lmao

Jord: bc I don't think they actually dance. They probably just hoe around w their instructor tbh

Me: oh...

Jord: rip

Me: but yeah, I'm down for Monday

Jord: I'll see you then 😛

Jordyn's POV

Dylan threw his keys on my desk and flopped onto my bed.

"Yeah it was so weird. He asked me if I was fine with it. I was like 'I mean sure'. Because what the hell was I suppose to say? No?"

"Okay drama queen calm down." I rolled my eyes and laid down next to him.

"It was just weird. I barely even talk to the guy and now he's texting me asking about you and stuff."

"Why didn't you ever tell me you two spoke?"

"It just didn't occur to me." he shrugged, "I mean, you didn't really care about him before."

"Okay. You got me there." I chuckled.

"Oh. I'm leaving for a week over spring break."

"Literally, how am I going to survive? I can barely last two days without you. What makes you think I'm going to last seven?"

"You'll have Ethan to keep you company."

"Yeah but you're different. You're my best friend. We go way back. I just met Ethan. It's not the same."

Dylan and I used to have little play dates here and there. My dad was best friends with his dad. And after my dad passed, his father made a promise to make sure I was well and safe. Years have gone by and he still hasn't broken that promise. Dylan's family treats me as their own and I am so grateful for them. They're basically my second family.